Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Horizon drift ia getting worse

Reaction score
So I have just been fixing this in post, however it is now almost 3 degrees off causing me to have to zoom about 140% to correct it. This is getting pretty annoying. Just venting...

Seems to be a pervasive problem. I hope DJI is fixing it. It seems to be out there enough that they're aware of it. I'm having the same issue.

So I have just been fixing this in post, however it is now almost 3 degrees off causing me to have to zoom about 140% to correct it. This is getting pretty annoying. Just venting...

Do an IMU calibration from when the aircraft/IMU is cold. As soon as you turn the Inspire on, go straight into setup and run an IMU calibration following the usual rules of level surface etc, etc.

Do an IMU calibration from when the aircraft/IMU is cold. As soon as you turn the Inspire on, go straight into setup and run an IMU calibration following the usual rules of level surface etc, etc.
I'll try that today, thanks.
All the indications I've seen on the web don't seem to solve it, but what the hay, I'll try it.

I have heard of phantom guys putting their entire phantom in the fridge for 30 minutes, then pulling it out and doing the imu cal

I don't know if anybody has tried this or not but we always say to place the aircraft on flat surface yet the horizon is always off a degree or so....anyway so my theory is that if the imu doesn't currently think it's on a flat surface, than what if you corrected the offset side so the horizon meter gives you a level reading, sadly we don't have actual horizon meter with numbers so it has to be eyeballed but...I dunno

I'm giving it a shot right now

I don't know if anybody has tried this or not but we always say to place the aircraft on flat surface yet the horizon is always off a degree or so....anyway so my theory is that if the imu doesn't currently think it's on a flat surface, than what if you corrected the offset side so the horizon meter gives you a level reading, sadly we don't have actual horizon meter with numbers so it has to be eyeballed but...I dunno

I'm giving it a shot right now
Yes you can shim up the offending side of the Inspire (say with a few sheets of paper etc) to take into account non perfectly aligned landing gear etc. And then do the IMU calibration.
Always check the Inspire in atti though for undue lateral drift after doing this.

Reactions: skylabimaging
Yes you can shim up the offending side of the Inspire (say with a few sheets of paper etc) to take into account non perfectly aligned landing gear etc. And then do the IMU calibration.
Always check the Inspire in atti though for undue lateral drift after doing this.

That's funny...used a couple notepad pages to rise the negative side up. while it worked, I'd have to spend some more time with it, currently my setup requires a compass cal and I propped it up a bit too much so now it's a bit positive but still not "level" at least, I think. I'm inside my home right now so the readings could be slightly off due to that.

*sigh* why can't DJI just fix it already...I thoroughly enjoy my inspire and that was a rough road for me to get to (the idea of RTF) but I'm noticing more and more the corrections needed to make the image better...well level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions