Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How do you exit the auto-zoom while focusing?

Reaction score
While using the hand held focus wheel, but set to AF mode in GO and not MF, the green focus square will pop up and then zoom into the image to see the focus area and it focuses. Seems normal.

However, it sticks there and I cannot access the camera controls nor shoot anything as the shutter button is grayed out until the zoom box disappears which seems to take forever. I turned off the AF Assist but it still zooms in and sticks for a while until it exits and I get access to the camera controls again.

Anyone know a trick to get out of the AF Zoom? I tried yawing around a bit too, but I think it is some timed delay to exit and get control of the camera again. Dunno?

Fwiw, the yaw is way too fast for the 45mm Olympus lens. I have it turned down to 1 in the EXP but it still is too fast and will drop frames while yawing. Ugh.

While using the hand held focus wheel, but set to AF mode in GO and not MF, the green focus square will pop up and then zoom into the image to see the focus area and it focuses. Seems normal.

However, it sticks there and I cannot access the camera controls nor shoot anything as the shutter button is grayed out until the zoom box disappears which seems to take forever. I turned off the AF Assist but it still zooms in and sticks for a while until it exits and I get access to the camera controls again.

Anyone know a trick to get out of the AF Zoom? I tried yawing around a bit too, but I think it is some timed delay to exit and get control of the camera again. Dunno?

Fwiw, the yaw is way too fast for the 45mm Olympus lens. I have it turned down to 1 in the EXP but it still is too fast and will drop frames while yawing. Ugh.

Does tripod mode help?

Are you using the Focus Wheel V1 or V2?

I too am struggling with the yaw to slow it down. Not using the hand held, but it's too fast period...unless in tri-pod mode.
Any suggestions?

Here’s a long shot, you can try to set your autofocus as a custom button. Then try to tap it or double tap it when it happens.
It may change your focus to center.

It does sound like your focus assist is......assisting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla