Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How Do You Feel?

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a question to anyone that OWNS and has FLOWN the inspire (multiple times). How do you feel about your purchase? Would you do it again knowing what you know NOW?. I ask because it's a little hard to tell anymore what the general feel of this machine is. Actually it's a little hard to tell who even owns one right now LOL! I've already pre-ordered one, hopefully it'll be here Fri!

My P2 is collecting dust and if I need to fly it for something I will have to charge the batteries because it will have sat so long.

Right on, I'm glad to hear your satisfied with your Inspires guys!! Anybody else who owns one please put it out there! Tell us about your inspire, good or bad ! I'M sooooo excited for mine to get here!!!!

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
agree it is a bit of an animal this inspire1. is very pleased that I sold my phantom 2 vision +. can not comparable, I also keeps on to sell my quickrelease, you need it does not more. Had I had phanom yet, had the guaranteed not been used any more.

So far, my P2 flies much farther and has a better looking image (albeit very slightly so) with it's GoPro Hero 4. It also flies straight.

The I1 flies longer, has a much easier to control camera, is far better in the wind, and has a similar image to the GoPro Hero 4. But it yaws to the right, and I can only fly up to 500M in conditions I used to get the P2 out to 1500M. I have been able to get it out to 950+M, but I had to change locations.

Both have plusses and minuses.

[Edit: DJI admits a firmware bug and will fix the yaw soon, as well as an IMU bug that causes crashes on auto-takeoff.]

Last edited:
My Phantom 2 will be sold. The Inspire is better in every way apart from being slightly less portable. The ability to just power up, get in the air and shoot video without having to mess about with charging GoPro batteries, setting the camera recording, making sure the settings are right etc is invaluable to me.

I love my P2V+. I spent time modifying it, getting under the hood. I will keep both for a while. Also, when I fly the P2 around my home, it is more difficult to take it seriously by the neighbors (which is good). But this I1 - it is more formidable. I sometimes use the P2 to check the gutters, check the roof and chimney and overall quick, small things. I feel the P2 is more agile for things like that. I also think if I hit my own house, the house is more likely to forgive the P2 and the P2 is more likely to forgive the house than if the I1 was poking around up there. I1 seems more for the "real" photography.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
it is more difficult to take it seriously by the neighbors (which is good)

This is a good point. The Phantom looks like a toy and is treated as such by the general public. The Inspire looks like a pro piece of kit and is likely to attract different views from people. I never fly the S800 around people as I can see how people might think it looks sinister.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I have the I1 and the P2V+. My P2 is currently out for repair ( it took a dive while hovering @150ft onto its top ) not pilot error. The I1 flys heaver but with more agility and purpose. It is an amazing looking bird in flight and really attracts a crowd ( down side )

I have done some camera tests - the I1 has a far superior video camera but I prefer the still camera on the p2. Mind you I have only begun to test due to the lack of available batteries. 5 for p2 1 for i1.

But build, flight, look, video, and style I1 hands down the best. I will keep my P2 for the " dirty work " and save the I1 for when it counts !!!

Reactions: catware
agree it is a bit of an animal this inspire1. is very pleased that I sold my phantom 2 vision +. can not comparable, I also keeps on to sell my quickrelease, you need it does not more. Had I had phanom yet, had the guaranteed not been used any more.
Do you still have the quick release mount for sale ? I'm interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379