Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

****, how long for update??

Reaction score
I thought it said 25 minutes to update the firmware... that was an hour ago and it's still beeping. It's almost 11:45, I have to be at work at some point... I need to get my butt to bed. Is it suppose to take this long?

Mark

Mine flew.. Like 8 min for the bird and Maybe 3 tops for the radio. Start over?

Start over or don't be a dumbass...lol. Apparently it was done and I don't know how to count. (3 beeps is done, 4 is still loading)

Now I'm exhausted and it's my fault. Lol

Mark

I still say a green tail light would be good for the completion (like the green light on the TX when finished) - or a red light if failed.
Might save an awful lot of heartache and wasted time both for people upgrading and on these forums!

Reactions: wheelsee
The instructions that come with the firmware indicate that text document will be generated that says success or fail...I checked after I heard the beeping completion sound to confirm. This helped confirm...this is in the instructions that come with the update.

The instructions that come with the firmware indicate that text document will be generated that says success or fail...I checked after I heard the beeping completion sound to confirm. This helped confirm...this is in the instructions that come with the update.

Correct, however the sounds are very similar.

A light change similar to what happens to the remote would be easier and cleared than having to figure out if it was 3 beeps or 4 beeps.

I agree...also, when I do my compass calibration dance, there is no indication that the calibration is successful...at least for me...or I am missing it...I have to select cancel calibration to move on to the next steps of preparing to fly...it would really be helpful to get a message that says the calibration is correct.

I agree...also, when I do my compass calibration dance, there is no indication that the calibration is successful...at least for me...or I am missing it...I have to select cancel calibration to move on to the next steps of preparing to fly...it would really be helpful to get a message that says the calibration is correct.
the light on the copter will change from solid to blinking green after a both axis are calibrated.

Correct, you want to listen for the Da..Da.Da
I was also waiting for the bird to shut off and restart, as it's said it "should do" on DJI's tutorial video. Mine got to the three "Da's" and I waited for the reboot until I got over it and shut it off (40min).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions