Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How much does an aerial photographer cost?

Reaction score
Guys I need some help with knowing the average hourly rate of any of you that make bussines out of drones. Some people want me to give them live feed of a concert using my I1, but I dont know how much to charge.

Need help ASAP thanks.

Here is one exampel from UK.. Think the rate is different, in other countrys.

http://www.hovercam.com/Rate_Card.html

Remember that it should cover for your "salary", wear on the drone, insurance and other costs.

Here where I live, one must have a permit from the Civil Aviation Authority, whether to use the drone commercially..

Last edited:
How much to charge for aerial photography?

As much as they're willing to pay. Don't settle for cheap labor or skills.

That's sort of like asking 'how much does it cost to buy a car?'.... You can pay $15,000 or $150,000... They'll both have 4 wheels and headlights... There are photographers charging thousands per day, and others giving it away for free...

Best,

Ben

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Take what a professional camera man (or woman) would make for a night at a concert (probably a couple hundred to a thousand or more, depending on the concert and what the video is going to be used for), then times it by 1.5 - 2.5 for specialized service, then deduct $25 - $40 for every battery you don't have to film the entire show. Then consider the Facebook and YouTube marketing aspect of the Inspire 1 and what a crowd pleaser at the concert it will be and tack on an extra $100-$200 for that. And then just scratch the whole idea, because you shouldn't be flying above a bunch of people at a loud, distracting, and disorienting concert.

Last edited:
Take what a professional camera man (or woman) would make for a night at a concert (probably a couple hundred to a thousand or more, depending on the concert and what the video is going to be used for), then times it by 1.5 - 2.5 for specialized service, then deduct $25 - $40 for every battery you don't have to film the entire show. Then consider the Facebook and YouTube marketing aspect of the Inspire 1 and what a crowd pleaser at the concert it will be and tack on an extra $100-$200 for that. And then just scratch the whole idea, because you shouldn't be flying above a bunch of people at a loud, distracting, and disorienting concert.
ditto!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool