Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to select 4K video at 30fps

Reaction score
I can't seem to work out how to change the video size to 4K at 30fps.

I have tried both the android and apple versions of the pilot app and it is not an option. On 3840x2160 it only lists 24 and 25fps. In the specs it says is is capable of UHD (4K): 4096x2160p24/25, 3840x2160p24/25/30.

Also I've seen sample videos on YouTube saying there 4K 30fps.

Can you help?

I can't seem to work out how to change the video size to 4K at 30fps.

I have tried both the android and apple versions of the pilot app and it is not an option. On 3840x2160 it only lists 24 and 25fps. In the specs it says is is capable of UHD (4K): 4096x2160p24/25, 3840x2160p24/25/30.

Also I've seen sample videos on YouTube saying there 4K 30fps.

Can you help?
Change your video standard to NTSC and you will have those frame rates available to you.
At the moment your are in PAL.

One thing to consider, not knowing what part of the planet you are on, PAL is typically used in Europe, while NTSC America, you really need to shoot in the native format of your region or you will vasty increase your post production time as your post production software will have to convert frames rates from 30 to 24fps or visa versa, this will also mean frames are probably dropped during conversion, this may in turn make your video a little jerky in areas, Im Uk so shoot in PAL format.

Its also worth noting that some older TVs may not be compatible with both formats, so you are better shooting in native for your country.

NTSC and PAL are two types of color encoding systems that affect the visual quality of content viewed on analog televisions and, to a much smaller degree, content viewed on HDTVs. While NTSC delivers a frame rate of 30 frames per second (fps) at an aspect ratio of 720x480, PAL uses a frame rate of 25 fps and a 720x576 aspect ratio. The PAL system offers automated color correction compared to NTSC's manual color correction. The NTSC standard is popular in places like the U.S. and Japan, while PAL is more common in countries such as the UK, Australia, and Sweden.

Check out the link below for more info:
http://www.diffen.com/difference/NTSC_vs_PAL

Happy shooting

AFAIK, it doesn't matter if you shoot in PAL or NTSC if you're using the film for computer and internet use only. If you want to use it on the TV you have to use your country's video standard.

But I could be wrong. :)

It only matters when connecting an analog screen or goggles.
I've used NTSC and PAL (with Phantoms/Gopro) depending on the best image I got in my goggles. It never made much difference in playability of the video files, on any modern screen, media player or computer I used. Who uses an analog signal to his TV nowadays, unless connecting a consumer camera with AV-OUT to the analog AV-IN of the TV?
I play my files always from my NAS through a Raspberry Pi (or any future media player) to my TV or beamer.
NTSC gives a bit more fps and a better, less flattened, image on some analog goggles like a Fatshark Predator, in my experience. But it's irrelevant with an Inspire1 since I could use the goggles only for the front view, with a Sony TVL camera (which happens to be PAL so the goggles switch to PAL automatically anyhow).
You need to set your software to the same format that you shot in, so it doesn't has to transform the video. If you don't use analog devices to display your video, you can just use NTSC all the way,.........I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido