Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to Unlock DJI NFZ

Reaction score
Quick one on Unlocking DJI NFZ, when you've got no signal/wifi.
What a ball ache, Surely if you have a PFAW, which you renew annually, insurance etc you should need only do the unlock once.
Every 3 days?! Feel I'm at school again. My driving licence is valid till I'm 70, shotgun licence is every 5 years, bad enough that the PFAW is every year. But every 3 days!! And if you have no signal, 4G, internet etc your shagged. I understand if you're recreational, no insurance etc it's then a conscience decision before doing something stupid, which I applaud, but when no one is policing!!! Oh well, enjoy.

Reactions: Skyward Imaging
Time to Clear up a few things for the INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE/COUNTRIES 1) THE USA FAA HAS NO CONTROL and LAWS 2) The International LAWS are done by Convention mainly ICAO 3) Every COUNTRY has their OWN Rules for Aviation Here is the Kicker: I am a Commercial Airline Captain, Instructor, Examiner for the Airbus Airliners, with over 20,000+ hours Flying domestic and internationally. In terms of WORLD wide Aviation there are 2 main AUTHORITIES: 1) UK CAA - THEY ARE NUMBER ONE !!! 2) USA FAA OMH IF YOU WANT A JOB ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD MAN YOU BETTER HOLD A UK ATPL PILOTS LICENCE !!! OK ALL THAT OUT OF THE WAY. CURENTLY I AM LIVING AND FLYING IN VIETNAM. I went onto the DJI website to get permission to fly the Mavic INSIDE the Airport Boundary to film documentary with all permissions in place at the Ho Chi Minh International Airport. NOW GET THIS !!!!!! PERMISSION DENIED !!!! Sorry in advance for what comes next !! The USA has ZERO Control in VIETNAM AVIATION, Hey Vietnam has there OWN CAA !!! So if you are international BE CAREFUL really careful. But the killer her is the DJI Database WILL F*UCK YOU and DJI WILL ALLOW IT TO F@CK YOU. So dont be surprised INTERNATIONALLY you WILL loose MONEY and JOBS !!!! Politically I wish that DJI would admit this !!!!!!! By the way DJI THANK YOU FOR COSTING ME MONEY and REPUTATION !!! THIS SUCKS !!!! You think? Well you know exactly what I am thinking. But Guess What, I took the Mavic to the BEACH yesterday in Nha Trang, Vietnam, Guess what....F@CKING PROHIBITED NO FLY and No info to support it. So International BOYS YOU ARE WARNED. Unfortunatly I WILL NOT BE BUYING an INSPIRE 2 unless this problem gets SOLVED. Hey Americans Deal with your OWN problems BEFORE trying to contol the rest of the WORLD of DRONES !!!!! DeWayne Young UK ATPL Captain Airbus [email protected]

Time to Clear up a few things for the INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE/COUNTRIES 1) THE USA FAA HAS NO CONTROL and LAWS 2) The International LAWS are done by Convention mainly ICAO 3) Every COUNTRY has their OWN Rules for Aviation Here is the Kicker: I am a Commercial Airline Captain, Instructor, Examiner for the Airbus Airliners, with over 20,000+ hours Flying domestic and internationally. In terms of WORLD wide Aviation there are 2 main AUTHORITIES: 1) UK CAA - THEY ARE NUMBER ONE !!! 2) USA FAA OMH IF YOU WANT A JOB ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD MAN YOU BETTER HOLD A UK ATPL PILOTS LICENCE !!!

No, the FAA is over everyone https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/IASA/media/FAA_Initiatives_IASA.pdf

Nope - the FAA has absolutely no say whatsoever regarding airspace in the UK (or other countries for that matter).
They might think they do but they do not!

A countries own civil aviation rules, laws are absolute and the FAA are powerless to interfere.
In the UK CAP393 the Air Navigation Order is law (passed by Parliament) which is why people can be prosecuted for breaches of it.

If the FAA tried to tell me I couldn't operate in UK NAS I would (not very politely) tell them to mind their own business and go shove their 'order' up their backside.

Time to Clear up a few things for the INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE/COUNTRIES 1) THE USA FAA HAS NO CONTROL and LAWS 2) The International LAWS are done by Convention mainly ICAO 3) Every COUNTRY has their OWN Rules for Aviation Here is the Kicker: I am a Commercial Airline Captain, Instructor, Examiner for the Airbus Airliners, with over 20,000+ hours Flying domestic and internationally. In terms of WORLD wide Aviation there are 2 main AUTHORITIES: 1) UK CAA - THEY ARE NUMBER ONE !!! 2) USA FAA OMH IF YOU WANT A JOB ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD MAN YOU BETTER HOLD A UK ATPL PILOTS LICENCE !!! OK ALL THAT OUT OF THE WAY. CURENTLY I AM LIVING AND FLYING IN VIETNAM. I went onto the DJI website to get permission to fly the Mavic INSIDE the Airport Boundary to film documentary with all permissions in place at the Ho Chi Minh International Airport. NOW GET THIS !!!!!! PERMISSION DENIED !!!! Sorry in advance for what comes next !! The USA has ZERO Control in VIETNAM AVIATION, Hey Vietnam has there OWN CAA !!! So if you are international BE CAREFUL really careful. But the killer her is the DJI Database WILL F*UCK YOU and DJI WILL ALLOW IT TO F@CK YOU. So dont be surprised INTERNATIONALLY you WILL loose MONEY and JOBS !!!! Politically I wish that DJI would admit this !!!!!!! By the way DJI THANK YOU FOR COSTING ME MONEY and REPUTATION !!! THIS SUCKS !!!! You think? Well you know exactly what I am thinking. But Guess What, I took the Mavic to the BEACH yesterday in Nha Trang, Vietnam, Guess what....F@CKING PROHIBITED NO FLY and No info to support it. So International BOYS YOU ARE WARNED. Unfortunatly I WILL NOT BE BUYING an INSPIRE 2 unless this problem gets SOLVED. Hey Americans Deal with your OWN problems BEFORE trying to contol the rest of the WORLD of DRONES !!!!! DeWayne Young UK ATPL Captain Airbus [email protected]
OK, firstly,
The FAA have nothing to do with how the NFZ areas are implemented.
These zones are administered and imposed by DJI - nobody else.
They were brought into existence in an attempt to stop the idiots lacking brain cells flying down runways etc.
DJI took it upon themselves to come up with a map(s) and then implemented lock out of certain areas (NFZ's) via firmware.
It had nothing to do with the FAA, CAA or any other aviation authority.
Secondly, the fact that you had or were granted permission to fly within an airport boundary is two fold.
That is, commercial UAV operations are regulated and certified/licenced by that countries aviation authority and therefore you would need to hold that countries UAV certification to undertake commercial operations - you cannot just operate internationally because you're a pilot.
(I hold PfCO from the CAA but it does not allow me to operate any of my RPAS commercially in any other NAS other than the UK).
Next, even by gaining the local airports permission to make the flight(s), your gripe would be with DJI for implementing the NFZ not with the FAA since they have slightly less than nothing to do with it.

There are no 'International Boys' as you put it since there is no internationally recognised RPAS certification

Finally, I have flown on active air force bases with very strict permissions and ceiling limitations and increased insurance stipulations, however, I knew that trying to use a DJI aircraft for these operations would be totally pointless since I would be locked out of the area (easy enough to check via their website) so I simply used a different airframe based on a different non restricted flight controller.

The Mavic certainly is not a professional tool - it's a flying toy and therefore (understandbly) some of the NFZ maybe more restrictive.

OK, firstly,
The FAA have nothing to do with how the NFZ areas are implemented.
These zones are administered and imposed by DJI - nobody else.
They were brought into existence in an attempt to stop the idiots lacking brain cells flying down runways etc.
DJI took it upon themselves to come up with a map(s) and then implemented lock out of certain areas (NFZ's) via firmware.
It had nothing to do with the FAA, CAA or any other aviation authority.
Secondly, the fact that you had or were granted permission to fly within an airport boundary is two fold.
That is, commercial UAV operations are regulated and certified/licenced by that countries aviation authority and therefore you would need to hold that countries UAV certification to undertake commercial operations - you cannot just operate internationally because you're a pilot.
(I hold PfCO from the CAA but it does not allow me to operate any of my RPAS commercially in any other NAS other than the UK).
Next, even by gaining the local airports permission to make the flight(s), your gripe would be with DJI for implementing the NFZ not with the FAA since they have slightly less than nothing to do with it.

There are no 'International Boys' as you put it since there is no internationally recognised RPAS certification

Finally, I have flown on active air force bases with very strict permissions and ceiling limitations and increased insurance stipulations, however, I knew that trying to use a DJI aircraft for these operations would be totally pointless since I would be locked out of the area (easy enough to check via their website) so I simply used a different airframe based on a different non restricted flight controller.

The Mavic certainly is not a professional tool - it's a flying toy and therefore (understandbly) some of the NFZ maybe more restrictive.
and BAMM, that's how it's done!

Reactions: tweaker
Also, depending on the rating of the airspace within the DJI app, you can request an unlock. And, DJI allows that unlock, if requested, to be good for up to 5 years. That includes controlled airspace around/onboard, for instance, military bases. With the proper authority from the airspace controllers on a military base, the right information in the DJI unlock request, and a little patients, you can fly inspires and phantoms there. The unlock itself, once our request was in, only took about 48 hours, and it is good for 5 years!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa