Howdy from Bakersfield, Ca

Reaction score
So back in early 2017 I got my part 107. I then built my own hex-a-copter, installed a gimbal, got a couple of cameras. I practiced until I could fly it really well. I was ready to start flying commercially. Then it was stolen. This had a big effect on me and my wife as this was to be my after retirement income. Fast forward to now. I have saved enough to try again. This time I will buy not build. I'm considering an Inspire 1 V2.0 or a P4P V2.0. It seems that I1 V2.0 refurbs are less than the P4P V2.0. Any way, I glad I found this resource.

That sucks that someone stole your own built equipment. I nearly lost my I2 flying and lost LOS when it crashed. I was driving away when I realized, "Hey fool, check the video". Luckily I saw enough landmarks (and video) to locate it. 3.5 weeks later and 3 new motors I'm back to flying and with a new lens. I also made the drone insurance investment AND bought the prop guards for my bird. Flying with the guards is like riding a bike with training wheels but it beats the cost of $5G if I were to dump it in the lake!

Sorry, got off why I was writing. This is a good source of information and resources. Welcome aboard.

Reactions: TangentTrout

Thanks for the welcome!

I went to school in Tulsa. Spartan School of Aeronautics 1980-1983. Avionics Tech program. Career went id a different way though. IT Network Admin, part time Voice Over Artist, and soon to be (Hopefully) Pro Drone Pilot.