Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I am sick of DJI. $3300 down the drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've been dealing with my Inspire 1 pro since April. It's visited DJI twice and twice has been returned without being fixed. On the last trip they didn't do squat. At least that's what it seems since nobody can tell me exactly what was done. Both times it went back for no image transmission and it would not update the firmware. I have yet to fly this thing and I'm sick to my stomach troubleshooting. I have been on with DJI over 50 hours total to no avail. I'm lost what is my next step. They don't want to replace it and just want it back to poke at it again. WTF am I going to do. At best I know eventually they are going to have to cave and replace it but I'm not accepting a refurbished unit. I didn't pay full price to get a refurb.

Sorry to hear about your situation. If you don't mind me asking, where was the aircraft purchased from?

Also, where are you located? If you're local to us I'd invite you to stop in and we could take a close look at the aircraft and see if our technicians can't make any conclusions on the issue based on what they see.

I've been dealing with my Inspire 1 pro since April. It's visited DJI twice and twice has been returned without being fixed. On the last trip they didn't do squat. At least that's what it seems since nobody can tell me exactly what was done. Both times it went back for no image transmission and it would not update the firmware. I have yet to fly this thing and I'm sick to my stomach troubleshooting. I have been on with DJI over 50 hours total to no avail. I'm lost what is my next step. They don't want to replace it and just want it back to poke at it again. WTF am I going to do. At best I know eventually they are going to have to cave and replace it but I'm not accepting a refurbished unit. I didn't pay full price to get a refurb.

Please take this up directly with DJI ......

"Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community."

Please don't share anything negative about DJI customer service, you run the risk of offending those who get free stuff from them........ ;)

Please don't share anything negative about DJI customer service, you run the risk of offending those who get free stuff from them........ ;)

I agree completely..I'd like to hear other people's experience with the good and the bad. And also finding out about real world solutions from others is valuable info..nothing wrong with venting. It helps us pilots stay more calm when flying our AC!

To be clear:

This forum will not let people voice their displeasure with a product you do not sell or produce?

That is complete and utter bs.

I know it's "your website your rules" but if you would like to maintain some semblance of integrity, you should refrain from trying to censor your users.

You make revenue from eyes on your pages, a quick way to lose that revenue, is to drive users away.

Shame on you guys.

I'll wait for your response...

Please take this up directly with DJI ......

"Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community."

Yeah, nevermind.

Glad I made contact with a few of your vendors before I depart.

Thanks flyhighusa and Florida drone supply,
I'll continue to send business your way.

To be clear:

This forum will not let people voice their displeasure with a product you do not sell or produce?

I know it's "your website your rules" but if you would like to maintain some semblance of integrity, you should refrain from trying to censor your users.

You make revenue from eyes on your pages, a quick way to lose that revenue, is to drive users away.

Shame on you guys.

Ya

Sorry to hear about your situation. If you don't mind me asking, where was the aircraft purchased from?

Also, where are you located? If you're local to us I'd invite you to stop in and we could take a close look at the aircraft and see if our technicians can't make any conclusions on the issue based on what they see.

Adventure thank you for the offer. I wish I was local to you. I purchased it from a dealer in PA. Consumer cost something. My biggest mistake ever. On day 11 after the purchase I called them for help and got nothing. They told me it's a 10 day window from date of purchase to be able to return the craft. Biggest bs ever. I should have fought it with my credit card. Here I am 6 months later with a gold paperweight.
I completely agree with every post on here. Why can't we post our experiences with DJI. The service is far from even mediocre. I spent 8k in DJI products and I get the cold shoulder. I spoke with someone this week who told me that if they replace it it will be with a refurb. Idk am I supposed to be happy with that. I paid full tilt for it and never got to fly it. I told him I want my money back then and I can't have that either. Do what you want with my posting moderators but everyone deserves to know how good customers get treated. I spent good hard earned money and now summer is over. In a couple of months playtime is over and at this rate by the time I get to fly it IT WILL BE OUTDATED. THATS BS

Reactions: Advexure
Are you in the US ?

You will need to send this back to DJI to sort regardless and your not likely to get a new replacement, BUT get a ticket raised and sent it in and if you are US based then there are people who can help, let us know once you have your case number and I'll give someone a poke and see if we can get you some help ;)

To be clear:

Shame on you guys.

I couldn't agree more. Adventurx and Florida drone supply are quick to lend a hand. This forum is designed to put us in contact with the vendors who essentially keep the servers running and the lights on. Its also for us to share our experiences and troubles for others to learn from and guess what " this is a bad experience and I am having trouble". What if a big wig at DJI read this tonight and contacted me to help. I know it's wishful thinking but not totally impossible. Even if DJI never reads this Adventurx offered to help if I were local to him which means your forum has done exactly what it was designed to do HELP THE COMMUNITY while putting money in someone's pocket

Reactions: Advexure
Are you in the US ?

You will need to send this back to DJI to sort regardless and your not likely to get a new replacement, BUT get a ticket raised and sent it in and if you are US based then there are people who can help, let us know once you have your case number and I'll give someone a poke and see if we can get you some help ;)

Yes I'm in the US. I have been playing phone tag with one of the managers who told me he would replace it with a new one a month ago if he couldn't fix it but now that it's not fixed it seems he is backpedaling. I will pm you the new case number Once he gets back to me with it. You know what's even funnier. DJI cannot tell me what was done the last time there. There seems to be no notes in the system from the technician. That tells me it simply visited home base and came back home untouched weeks later. I accidently shipped it with a TB48 pack attached and I emailed the manager and told him of my mistake which he assured me I had nothing to worry about. When I opened the case I found the propeller straps broken, the foam chewed up on one corner and no TB48. They shipped me a TB47. Freaking incredible

@Cloud9pro Could you please PM us your case information? CAS Number along with any contacts at the Service Center and we will see what we can do from our end.

You should most definitely be able to voice displeasure as I would be very displeased by this case it were my own. If someone is doing something wrong you should be able to speak about the issue with the community, AND if someone is doing something RIGHT, the community should know as well.

The mods may need to revise their wording slightly to enable this type of discussion. Issues like these should be discussed and the parties involved should have their opportunity to resolve the matter without direct attacking. Differences can most definitely be solved within the private domain and yes there can be some public discussion. We fully understand this can be a gray area and difficult to maintain order as a moderator. Obviously a lot easier for them to say none of this type of discussion to prevent having to work a fine line between venting/attacking and discussing.

Reactions: Scoobywrx05
It's important that we can share our good and bad experiences with DJI customer support. People rely on these products to do business and please their customers, among other reasons. While I love my DJI products, their support has disappointed me as well. Some pressure must be put on them to start making parts available to their customers so they can fix broken bits themselves. It's unacceptable that we should have so much down time between repairs when a lot of them can be made by the customer.

I truly appreciate the support from everyone. I can't even explain how disappointed I was to read the response from the moderator. I know he is only following the rules but his response should have been helpful and not unsupportive

In my experience calling out the mods or complaining about moderation gets you nowhere, The Editor is a good guy but the rules are the rules and his job is to enforce them, discussion on site rules is a whole other subject and as it's a private forum people can either accept them or post else where I guess.

Let's see if we can achieve a good outcome for you rather than wasting energy on anything else :)

I wasn't trying to call out the moderator just simply stating how I felt towards his response. Rules are rules and I do get that

Reactions: boefinator
Step 1. Order a new one, pay on credit card
Step 2. When new one arrives send old one back
Step 3. If they dont refund then VISA will
Step 4. Go fly your new UAV

:)

I was calling out the site, staff and DJI.

Not letting us use this forum exactly how it was intended, to connect with other users, to troubleshoot our gear and resolution of said gear, may not be in violation of any laws...

But the fact that you would even have a rule to protect a manufacturer, over your vendors and users, makes your site seem like an unprincipled children's venture.

I do bet you guys get free stuff from Dji, but does that come with the expressed deal that you don't make them look bad???

A major difference between Dji and many western based producers, is that we don't have a little thing called CENSORSHIP in the good 'ol US, so it forces these image focused greed heads to actually make a quality product and support it.

Oh wait, now that I think of it, that's exactly CAPITALISM, make a decent product and don't screw your customers, and the market may let your corporation survive.

I expect these things out of multinational corporations, but I also expect the platforms of speech and community to reject censorship in all forms.

But then again, your site is subject to capitalistic rules as well.

You drive your users away, your ad rev dries up, no more free **** for you guys from DJI.

Site-Grow a spine and stop suckling off the DJI tit. The people will respect you for it.

Flyhighusa, Florida drone supply
(sorry for omitting other vendors, I have personally bought from them)
These guys absolutely get it.
Fair prices, fast shipping, great one on one communication. These guys will survive and thrive.

Is that clear enough?

I wasn't trying to call out the moderator just simply stating how I felt towards his response. Rules are rules and I do get that
I

See I would buy a new one and return it if I could do it to the original selling dealer only since they literally hung me out to dry. I wouldn't do it to anyone else plus with my luck they will contest By checking when I registered it.

Mick I agree with you fully but my source of frustration is with DJI. This site in all essence has been a good source of information. Yes their rules are bull but so far has put me in contact with two parties willing to get involved to help. The moderator is merely a puppet protecting somone else's interest. I am confident that I will get this resolved at some point and will make noise at DJI till I get there. I do appreciate the support

I truly appreciate the support from everyone. I can't even explain how disappointed I was to read the response from the moderator. I know he is only following the rules but his response should have been helpful and not unsupportive

Just provided you a PM with an update. We are in contact with our counterparts down at the Carson Facility in regards to your case. An expedited shipping label has been provided to reduce any further down time. Hoping for a swift resolution of the case. Talk soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6