Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I give up....

Reaction score
SOLVED!!

I have searched on website, our website and every place I can possibly find. So last night I upgraded the firmware on the inspire. It took longer than normal but the logs say success after I heard the 3 beeps.

I then plugged the camera into the controller. The controller light tuned bright blue and after about 10 minutes, it turned red. Log says failure.

For the life of me I can't get the controller to update. I have pulled the micro SD card out of the camera and put it in a USB thumb drive adapter (which I have verified it's readable by plugging it into my laptop)

I have deleted the firmware and redownloaded it.

When I turn on the controller, I get a real light blue (almost white but with a blue tine (definitely not like the bright blue LED I got last night) and I get nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited:
LED should turn green after successful update. Try accessing the files on the card and deleting all files except for the .bin update file and try again. It can take quite a while for the update to complete, so be patient with it even if it seems nothing is happening. I had to wait about 30 mins for one of my controllers to finish the update, while the other one was done in about ten minutes.

LED should turn green after successful update. Try accessing the files on the card and deleting all files except for the .bin update file and try again. It can take quite a while for the update to complete, so be patient with it even if it seems nothing is happening. I had to wait about 30 mins for one of my controllers to finish the update, while the other one was done in about ten minutes.

Thanks, I'll try again (for the 6th time)

Let me ask you a question. Even though it took 30 minutes, was your LED light bright blue?

The first time I did it, the LED light turned bright blue (and then red when it failed) but now the light is more of a white light with a blue shade.

Thanks

Mark

No, it actually went out for a while and then turned white for over ten minutes during the 30 minute update time. I almost stopped it and started over, but I decided to give it an hour before I intervened and it turned out to be the right choice.

Also, the fine print at the end of the update procedure warns that the controller and the copter can become UN-linked during a firmware update and it may be necessary to link them back up afterward.

Steve

No, it actually went out for a while and then turned white for over ten minutes during the 30 minute update time. I almost stopped it and started over, but I decided to give it an hour before I intervened and it turned out to be the right choice.

Also, the fine print at the end of the update procedure warns that the controller and the copter can become UN-linked during a firmware update and it may be necessary to link them back up afterward.

Steve

Steve,

That might be my problem. It's definitely unlinked. The yellow light on the aircraft is flashing rapidly. I thought that was normal until the controller was updated.

I'll try to link them up first.

Thanks,

Mark

Yes, you do need to upgrade the firmware on the controller for it to connect to the copter after upgrading the copter firmware.
If you didn't get the green LED on the controller at the end of the upgrade process, it didn't finish the upgrade. I have read that many people have had to try more than once to get a controller to upgrade, just haven't had to do so myself.
I would recommend using a USB thumb drive to upgrade the controller. Format it so that there is nothing on it and put just the upgrade .bin file on it in the root directory. Plug it into the USB port on the back of the controller and turn it on. WAIT................................................................
People have been having problems with the firmware upgrades, but most of them are not following the procedures correctly. A few are not patient enough to let the process finish. It is actually a rare case that a controller will not upgrade.

Yes, you do need to upgrade the firmware on the controller for it to connect to the copter after upgrading the copter firmware.
If you didn't get the green LED on the controller at the end of the upgrade process, it didn't finish the upgrade. I have read that many people have had to try more than once to get a controller to upgrade, just haven't had to do so myself.
I would recommend using a USB thumb drive to upgrade the controller. Format it so that there is nothing on it and put just the upgrade .bin file on it in the root directory. Plug it into the USB port on the back of the controller and turn it on. WAIT................................................................
People have been having problems with the firmware upgrades, but most of them are not following the procedures correctly. A few are not patient enough to let the process finish. It is actually a rare case that a controller will not upgrade.

I have tried it at this point at least a dozen times. I have followed the instructions to a T and have tried using the camera, a thumb drive, etc, etc…

I let the update start and waited (for an hour and 40 minutes) several times. One quick question. I did the update on the aircraft FIRST, should I have done it the other way around. At this point, I can't get the bright blue LED light on the controller.

I did just contact DJI and they sent me a new firmware file but it won't take even on the aircraft.

Still plugging away….

Mark

Wow, it sounds like your controller may be hosed. I did my aircraft first and then my controllers. I am not home right now, so I can't look at my controllers. I am wondering if there is a reset button to reset the thing back to factory. Or maybe a sequence to push the On/Off switch that resets it.

Okay, got it fixed. DJI gave me an updated firmware which was for the controller only. Once I did that, I rebound the controller to the aircraft and all is well.

Thanks for everyone's help. Sorry for asking newbie questions but I searched until my eyes bled.

Mark

Great, Mark. I can see that as being something to get you unstuck from where you were.
Happy Flying.

Can I get that file from you?

Okay, got it fixed. DJI gave me an updated firmware which was for the controller only. Once I did that, I rebound the controller to the aircraft and all is well.

Thanks for everyone's help. Sorry for asking newbie questions but I searched until my eyes bled.

Mark
You should not add "SOLVED" to the title of your post! :)

I tried to change the subject line and can't…. also, I tried to upload the file but it won't let me. I'll just have to send it to those individually that want it.

Mark

No problem, hope it works for ya'll. If I can help (yeah, like I have experience...haha) let me know.

Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop