Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I NEED A INSPIRE 1 GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
im new to inspire club, and i found one local great deal 2 controls 4 lipos......

just what i wanted, but as i was texting directions to his house, he replied
im updating it no so i can show you it flys

i was like ARRRRRRGGGGG!!!! i texted him to stop....but i was to late

ok GOD info....

its updated to the latest greatest :( DJI firware) i forgot the number...

but can i DOWNGRADE BELOW THE GEOZONE BULL

other wise its just a big piece of DJI crap to me

thanks for any help

Then it's a big piece of DJI crap. The Geobull is there for your and the public at large's protection, not to mention DJI AND your liability protection , at this point you might want to go to another manufacturer, or with that attitude, maybe another hobby all together.

sometimes i wish i could delete post, but i cant, but i live in the USA, not Russia, or under Hitlers world. but you have every right to have your opinion , but please keep your remarks to yourself

tell me what gives DJI the right, do they sit by my side and realize that i have an airport that is all condos, and not an airport, and i cant fly

or i can email them and if they say its ok, i can fly in a geozone from there website, because they send a red army down to inspect the area, to tell me its ok to fly

sorry but people like you should hide under a rock

yes build your own, or another company, will allow you to fly anywhere

really.......that makes sense to you!!!!!!

sorry to Inspirepilots, and all forums..............but this is ridiculous ,you and me are here to help.......
and im supposed to put up with this. really..........

truth.......we dont all live in a perfect world like you that your drone flys anywhere without issue
maybe i want to start fresh and add the FW i want and restrictions i want,

but whatever

and plus i asked a question.........................if you dont know the answer, than dont answer.............
sorry, yes get up on wrong side of bed,,,,,,,ive been flying gas planes and helicopters, and have 20 drones, and plus i have a mom, dont need another one

i know the rules.

wow..............theirs my 2 cents........................thanks for all your great information.....where all idiots here so again thanks

Then it's a big piece of DJI crap. The Geobull is there for your and the public at large's protection, not to mention DJI AND your liability protection , at this point you might want to go to another manufacturer, or with that attitude, maybe another hobby all together.

Reactions: Steve186
thank you very much.........is it capable i hope.........but thanks......

Personally i dont like the restrictions Dji place on flying either but i am flying commercially and risk assess things to death.

On a consumer front its sadly a fact of life that some control is needed as too many people have been stupid. I think its over the top at present but at least airports should be protected. I used to build jet engines and would not like to see what a drone does to one compared to a frozen turkey in tests

sometimes i wish i could delete post, but i cant, but i live in the USA, not Russia, or under Hitlers world. but you have every right to have your opinion , but please keep your remarks to yourself

tell me what gives DJI the right, do they sit by my side and realize that i have an airport that is all condos, and not an airport, and i cant fly

or i can email them and if they say its ok, i can fly in a geozone from there website, because they send a red army down to inspect the area, to tell me its ok to fly

sorry to Inspirepilots, and all forums..............but this is ridiculous ,you and me are here to help.......

truth.......we dont all live in a perfect world like you that your drone flys anywhere without issue

but whatever

and plus i asked a question.........................if you dont know the answer, than dont answer.............
sorry, yes get up on wrong side of bed,,,,,,,ive been flying gas planes and helicopters, and have 20 drones, and plus i have a mom, dont need another one

i know the rules.

wow..............theirs my 2 cents........................thanks for all your great information.....where all idiots here so again thanks

You are on the wrong forum. The "I hate DJI" forum is two doors down. We try to help each other here. Dropping in as a newbie to start flame wars is not welcome. A little less hostility, please.

sorry but i did not start it......talk to your non noob

i dont hate dji, all 20 of my drones are DJI , i just want to try a inspire, but there are times....not airports......where i like to fly, and even at that, if you call you local airport tower and tell them altitude and distance from them they are always helpful and say yes, but now you also have to jump hoops thru DJI and it takes forever, but it is what it is, i just hate getting jumped on about the topic, where there is no PROOF of these horrible accidents i keep hearing about, drugs guns, people, cars, kill more people each day, with cancer on top of that, and i hear of 1 guy flying at an airport, and landed on a wing.......wow......

all 20 of my drones are DJI

Sorry but this makes me thinking:

Lots of people on the Mavic forum share your attitude. Why not get a Mavic?
Oh, I see, you already must have one.

You must be incredibly savvy in flying 20 DJI drones and a real asset to any DJI drone forum.
I expect we all learn a lot from your wealth of experience coming from operating all DJI drones (except the Inspire1 of course).

This is a tough topic to debate, some people are in effect queuing up to have more control software rammed down their neck, which causes issues as the companies screw it up blah blah blah.

But ideally it would be better if the software was more open like other drone companies and people just did not fly like morons.

As a long term RC flyer i have found the rise of drones has ruined alot of the freedom we used to have just because they are easy to fly so idiots now have them/ take risks.

In the future i suspect a universal control system will be introduced which will block drones flying certain places without manufacturers own input. Maybe through jamming or RTH initiation etc.
We will see but in the mean time i personally wish Dji would sod off and let us fly at our own risk even if we have to agree disclaimers first.

I always think its a sorry affair when we have to admit as a society we are so useless that control is needed over advice. Its a failure in my opinion

Mick

but whatever

i know the rules.

Welcome to the real world...............................The reason there's geobull on DJI UAVs is because of people like you.................I hope you paid a lot for your new toy that won't let you fly in your mom's backyard...........................Who said just because you asked a question you get to choose who or how they answer............................................Like you said, USA and freedom of speech and all..............Go enjoy all your other stuff.........................................................You know the rules but, they don't seem to know you...

Reactions: cruzroy
If you're not prepared to jump through the safety hoops then perhaps you should try something a little less risky to other people. The fact is without the "Geozone Bull" as you call it you'd probably be unable to fly your drone at all, since they'd be under far tighter restrictions, caused by any number of Wilberts like you flying dangerously because they think the rules don't apply to them.
If Geozone doesn't let you fly in your area then theres a reason behind it - you can get clearance to fly in that area, but then you'd have to know the rules, be competent and safe. You clearly aren't as your willingness to break the rules and your attitude towards any kind of authority or challenge clearly shows.

Reactions: cruzroy
Noob with attitude usually equals little help and little sympathy.

When it comes circumventing safety regulations you get 0 sympathy from me.

Geofencing is not a problem if you don't plan on flying where you shouldn't be flying. Bottom line. If it IS a problem, you can unlock a nfz using the GO app and supply a time you will be flying in the bed. Then you work with control tower and you can then fly there and you're aircraft will be registered in case you do something stupid and/or hit an airplane.

If that's not acceptable to you, then you are clearly planning on doing something you shouldn't be doing.

im new to inspire club, and i found one local great deal 2 controls 4 lipos......

ok GOD info....

thanks for any help

All right guys look at manned aircraft. When you buy an aircraft from the manufacture the aircraft is yours to operate. It is up to the pilot to operate the aircraft in compliance with FAA and State Regulations. If that aircraft is operated out of FAA or any other authority’s compliance it is up to the FAA or controlling authority to police that action! Not the manufactures responsibility.

DJI just needs to build them and let the appropriate controlling agency police their use.

Best regards,
Robert

Reactions: marxxtreme
Not really a good comparison for a couple reasons.
1 - In order to FLY the aircraft you must undergo MANY hours of training and be fully compliant with rules. With drones, you don't have to go through ANY hours of training unless doing commercially and even with that, you only have to take a test with some hours of studying.

2 - When you buy an aircraft from manufacturer that manufacturer has certain rules and regulations imposed by government for building the aircraft, the parts used and mostly inspection of the aircraft and parts. The only thing the governments 'ask' of DJI is that DJI implement Geofencing. DJI has complied voluntarily (for now) to avoid issues with selling their product.

You "old timers" crack me up.

The Geobull is there for your and the public at large's protection, not to mention DJI AND your liability protection

The reason there's geobull on DJI UAVs is because of people like you

the "Geozone Bull" as you call it you'd probably be unable to fly your drone at all, since they'd be under far tighter restrictions

DJI Fencing exists for the sole purpose of protecting sales. I agree that it has also probably kept some idiots from getting themselves in trouble, which would have led to bad press for dji, which would have the potential to harm sales, which is why it exists.

As for the notion that if it didn't exist, flying multirotors would be illegal by now is pure fiction. Even if it is repeated over and over first by dji and then by it's defenders. There is no objective proof anywhere to support the idea that without it "we" would have more actual gov'tal restrictions than we currently have now. It is true that it is very difficult to prove a negative. However if your going to make a subjective statement as fact, the burden of proof is on you, not the other way around. Best to preface such statements as "in my opinion."

In the end, the "noob" could have left his implied opinion about dji-fencing at the door. But he was quickly set upon by some of the "old timers" who could have shown superior restraint and just answered the question.

just my $.02 which is as worthless as anyone else! Happy Holiday y'all. :)

ok GOD info....

thanks for any help
I am an inspire pilot from Scotland and I too got fed up with DJI and the Geozones, example, I was filming a new building for a construction company, the weather changed (does that a lot in Scotland) so I halted planning to return the next day, when I did it wouldn't let me take off saying I was in a no fly zone ! !! I contacted DJI support who, after two days or so, informed me that the area I was trying to fly in wasn't a no fly zone, in the end I got so fed uo with this and other similar instances I switched to Litchi, never had any problems since.

ok GOD info....

thanks for any help

We can't eliminate the GeoFencing completely, but this makes it much more reasonable:

Be sure to read the Description section completely.

Reactions: ghedgepath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide