Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I NEED A INSPIRE 1 GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us can sing the praises of DJI gear and at the same time criticize their un-mandated attempts to control the use of said gear. 2 completely separate issues.

Merry-Christmas.jpg

Many of us can sing the praises of DJI gear and at the same time criticize their un-mandated attempts to control the use of said gear. 2 completely separate issues.

But that's the issue, they're not controlling the use of it, the FAA is. They are simply aligning with the rules of FAA. If you have permission to fly in a NFZ, then you can override the NFZ restriction. If you don't, then you shouldn't be flying there anyway.

If the app is incorrectly limiting your flight, that's a separate issue that needs to be resolved. If a map is outdated there's only so much the manufacturer can do. And I'm sure it's a business decision. My guess would be that they determined the number of business they would loose because of 'restrictions' is far less than the business they would loose if the FAA grounds drones because of illegal and unsafe use.

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
Steve, you understand that geofencing is dji's idea and not the FAA's, correct? It has nothing to do with current regulations. I am fairly familiar with the FAR's and Part 107. Can you show me the reg. that specifies that manufactures should or must implement NFZs in their hardware?

When I apply for an airspace authorization from the FAA and receive it, the dji NFZ doesn't just go away. You have to contact DJI and hope the unlock works. The unlocking doesn't always go as planned, BTW. In fact, dji's NFZ can, in certain circumstances take direct control away from a pilot which is forbidden by the FARs.

I think I have good judgement. So does that mean that you should get permission from me to operate? Of course not. Neither should you need to get a tool manufacturer's permission to use the tool you purchased from them. You should be required to follow regulations put in place by the governing body where you operate, nothing more, nothing less.

If the FAA requires that manufactures force geofencing or other programs on the hardware then that is a different deal. Then it is mandated. DJI should stick to making drones, which they are very good at and leave the regulating to governing bodies.

[QUOgiphy (5).gif TE="Dave Pitman, post: 170857, member: 2974"]Steve, you understand that geofencing is dji's idea and not the FAA's, correct? It has nothing to do with current regulations. I am fairly familiar with the FAR's and Part 107. Can you show me the reg. that specifies that manufactures should or must implement NFZs in their hardware?

When I apply for an airspace authorization from the FAA and receive it, the dji NFZ doesn't just go away. You have to contact DJI and hope the unlock works. The unlocking doesn't always go as planned, BTW. In fact, dji's NFZ can, in certain circumstances take direct control away from a pilot which is forbidden by the FARs.

I think I have good judgement. So does that mean that you should get permission from me to operate? Of course not. Neither should you need to get a tool manufacturer's permission to use the tool you purchased from them. You should be required to follow regulations put in place by the governing body where you operate, nothing more, nothing less.

If the FAA requires that manufactures force geofencing or other programs on the hardware then that is a different deal. Then it is mandated. DJI should stick to making drones, which they are very good at and leave the regulating to governing bodies.[/QUOTE]

This topic has been beaten to death. Don't buy DJI.

sorry didnt want a gang bang here, but it is what it is, i opened her up, and figured a way around false LIMITS, no big deal, i love the remarks though, yup you got me, want to do something illegal .....wow,..... i guess being called a noob is the same as me being carded at a bar........thank you, im sorry if it disturbs you that all my DJI drones are under my control, not someone else's, do you know that out of all these claims that drones are dangerous , the only true statements i find is that 33% of DJI drones fly aways, are caused but forced updates while flying,and thats DJI not FAA, and i know they have updated some manuals to fly in airplane mode, but that was a addendum to old manuals ,but like i said it is what it is..

but thanks guys for all the input, DJI drones rock!!!!..... fly hard and keep the skid side down

Personally i dont like the restrictions Dji place on flying either but i am flying commercially and risk assess things to death.

On a consumer front its sadly a fact of life that some control is needed as too many people have been stupid. I think its over the top at present but at least airports should be protected. I used to build jet engines and would not like to see what a drone does to one compared to a frozen turkey in tests
typically the DJI safety net will cause me more harm than good. I maintain version 3.1.5 android app, and have never updated past December 2016 firmware for X3. The I1 on that combo is enjoyable, and yes it still keeps you away from important things like RUNWAYS, but not so much a huge 10 mile radius bullzone

sometimes i wish i could delete post, but i cant, but i live in the USA, not Russia, or under Hitlers world. but you have every right to have your opinion , but please keep your remarks to yourself

tell me what gives DJI the right, do they sit by my side and realize that i have an airport that is all condos, and not an airport, and i cant fly

or i can email them and if they say its ok, i can fly in a geozone from there website, because they send a red army down to inspect the area, to tell me its ok to fly

sorry but people like you should hide under a rock

yes build your own, or another company, will allow you to fly anywhere

really.......that makes sense to you!!!!!!

sorry to Inspirepilots, and all forums..............but this is ridiculous ,you and me are here to help.......
and im supposed to put up with this. really..........

truth.......we dont all live in a perfect world like you that your drone flys anywhere without issue
maybe i want to start fresh and add the FW i want and restrictions i want,

but whatever

and plus i asked a question.........................if you dont know the answer, than dont answer.............
sorry, yes get up on wrong side of bed,,,,,,,ive been flying gas planes and helicopters, and have 20 drones, and plus i have a mom, dont need another one

i know the rules.

wow..............theirs my 2 cents........................thanks for all your great information.....where all idiots here so again thanks

I stopped updating a long time ago no idea how many updates ago and glad I did. I always read what the update addresses, so the one where they were going to start putting limitations on something I paid 1500 dollars for I thought thats it time to go rogue. I'm totally going with a different brand for my next drone which will be soon.

its all good, what i dont like are the people who think you want to do bad things, i quess they dont fly enough to know that in the usa, there are airports ever where ,even in back yards, and im not trying to fly near airports, i agree, do you think i want to kill 100's of people.....really

but all is good, dji bottleneck did not work, i got it to stock and i will upgrade up to i think the best is 1.08 a/c and 1.06 rc and i have to figure the slave to, and during the process it messes with lipo, i have to bring below 5% and do a recharge, i will try that today...... they say memory is wiped at 5%, then i can put in bird and then let the magic happen

I stopped updating a long time ago no idea how many updates ago and glad I did. I always read what the update addresses, so the one where they were going to start putting limitations on something I paid 1500 dollars for I thought thats it time to go rogue. I'm totally going with a different brand for my next drone which will be soon.
1500 thats a steal, what about a 7000 dollar I2, that flys 50 and 90 meters........cool huh!! well people here would disagree.....they just like flying circles around there bird baths with 7000 dollars of equipment, or asking DJI not FAA for permission

On my old I1, I run version 1.1.2 and will NEVER upgrade to degrade it. Works great and goes like a bandit. Would like a I2 some day and sell my old I1 as is.

On my old I1, I run version 1.1.2 and will NEVER upgrade to degrade it. Works great and goes like a bandit. Would like a I2 some day and sell my old I1 as is.
i dont think i could go that low, but close, the SN on the boards are a little different, you cant go below build date, have to be carefull not to brick the $$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy