Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Jump in and join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I was arrested for flying a drone

No real updates to share....a group of enthusiasts and their attorneys are working a few angles....

There is a Genesee County park board meeting coming up the e d of January. We’ve invited reporters to join. I and others plan to speak during public comment time about this issue.

The media shedding light on the parks willful disregard for the state law should be most helpful.

I did find this rediculous video the officers accidentally recorded on my iPad:

So what happened on Jan. 7th?
Nothing. On Jan 2, I received word that the prosecutor failed to authorize the charge.

Case dismissed.

I imagine my attorney’s demand for a jury trial was a factor. Also, the fact this case was impossible for the prosecution to win.

On Jan 11, I recieved the remainder of my property from the police department.

This incident did create a movement. Now, among other things, we start going to public meetings and invite the media to make this public.

The focus, moving forward, isn’t what happened to me but the fact that the park is attempting to regulate drones when state law says they are explicitly prohibited from doing so.

Attorneys are working in the background doing their thing, plans are being made for a large group to have a picnic and do a “fly in” etc

The park has to change their policy. It should have gotten fixed with a simple email. There is a group of uas enthusiasts and their attorneys who are right now actively plotting all the lawful tactics that can be used to get the park to comply with the law.

Civics in action.

Last edited:
Nothing. On Jan 2, I received word that the prosecutor failed to authorize the charge.

Case dismissed.

I imagine my attorney’s demand for a jury trial was a factor. Also, the fact this case was impossible for the prosecution to win.

On Jan 11, I recieved the remainder of my property from the police department.

This incident did create a movement. Now, among other things, we start going to public meetings and invite the media to make this public.

The focus, moving forward, isn’t what happened to me but the fact that the park is attempting to regulate drones when state law says they are explicitly prohibited from doing so.

Attorneys are working in the background doing their thing, plans are being made for a large group to have a picnic and do a “fly in” etc

The park has to change their policy. It should have gotten fixed with a simple email. There is a group of uas enthusiasts and their attorneys who are right now actively plotting all the lawful tactics that can be used to get the park to comply with the law.

Civics in action.
Congrats and very happy that our freedom to fly is still more powerful than these local politicians that hate the hobby and wants to control everything.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerryd1596