Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 Motor Bearings & Esc.

Reaction score
We had one of our pilots simply replace his motors at about 200 hours of flight time. I am not sure if he considered just changing the bearings or not - back with all the custom built units we have been involved in Boca bearings were a popular choice to change to.

Reactions: slim.slamma
We had one of our pilots simply replace his motors at about 200 hours of flight time. I am not sure if he considered just changing the bearings or not - back with all the custom built units we have been involved in Boca bearings were a popular choice to change to.
Do you know what Boca model # for the i2. My i1 is still running after 3 years. Esc and brushless motors will run for year's with quality bearings.
Prior preparation prevents poor performance:D

It's was a cheap washer behind the E-clip that starts to deteriorate at about 100 hours on the i1. That's the motor killer.

Cheap crap.

It's was a cheap washer behind the E-clip that starts to deteriorate at about 100 hours on the i1. That's the motor killer.

Cheap crap.

I physically spin and move my motors by hand to check for looseness or undue friction or noise. Does this wearing E-clip show any symptoms?

I physically spin and move my motors by hand to check for looseness or undue friction or noise. Does this wearing E-clip show any symptoms?
One motor was slowing when I would hand spin the motors. If i remember correctly in comparison it would stop quick. The best option is to remove all e-clips. Some i1 motors have them some don't
First sign of any problems most likely it's an E-clip.

One motor was slowing when I would hand spin the motors. If i remember correctly in comparison it would stop quick. The best option is to remove all e-clips. Some i1 motors have them some don't
First sign of any problems most likely it's an E-clip.

Thanx for the tip. I have about 40 hours on my Inspire-1, which I really only use for film any more (between my partner and I we have 3). So it will probably be a while before any of them hit the 100 hour mark. I used to use it for all things aerial, but the Mavic Pro has taken over all real estate duties, and the P4P has taken over all mapping duties. Thanx for the heads up.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Hello, does anyone know the Boca Bearings for the ceramic bearings for the I2? I'm looking to do some maintenance during the long winter up here in Minnesota for the two used I2s I have.

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido