Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 with x4s or p4p?

Reaction score
Hi all

Do you think I can get some opinions on which drone would be better setup for a new company with no experience? We are being advised to get an I2 but that a whole chunk of cash when the P4P is half the price when you consider all the attachments go with it.

What's the difference between the two cameras?

I know the I2 has got the upgradability factor but is it worth the extra for a start-up company

Many thanks

You hit the nail on the head with your last sentence - upgradability.

What type of work is your new business planning on doing?The P4Pro camera (outside of reported gimbal flipping issues) is supposed to be very good and pretty equivalent to the X4S and great for general photo and video work, but if you want to do inspections, surveys, or even weddings, you will likely appreciate the benefits of being able to upgrade in the future to the x5s with interchangeable lenses. Also having the flexibility of dual operator is not to be under estimated (again depending upon your market).

I have the I2 and went with th X4S to save some money (until I inevitably buy the X5S). No regrets so far....

At present we are unsure what our main market will be. I have got a number of jobs lined up for later this year which we will do for free to get some experience. I think our main market will be general advertising, sports and weddings.. Do you think you could send me some of your x4s videos?

I2 for these reasons: upgrade-ability, two person operation, and last - ability to fly in higher wind and no props in your shots :)

Hi all

Do you think I can get some opinions on which drone would be better setup for a new company with no experience? We are being advised to get an I2 but that a whole chunk of cash when the P4P is half the price when you consider all the attachments go with it.

What's the difference between the two cameras?

I know the I2 has got the upgradability factor but is it worth the extra for a start-up company

Many thanks
I own An Inspire 2 and a P4P... I use the P4p for indoor jobs and small easy ones... But i do break out the I2 for others with outdoor filming. I plan on getting the handheld version for the I2 as well...
You will not be disappointed with either... Let me know if I can help with anything

At present we are unsure what our main market will be. I have got a number of jobs lined up for later this year which we will do for free to get some experience. I think our main market will be general advertising, sports and weddings.. Do you think you could send me some of your x4s videos?

Here are a couple of quick tests I have done, both 4K 60FPS, 120 shutter speed (h264). Tiny bit of colour correction and sharpening applied.

Dropbox - X4S 4K 60FPS Test.mov
Dropbox - X4S 4K 60FPS Test 2.mov

I was in exactly the position as you and went for the I2/X4S for the reasons other have mentioned above but also the fact that the props will never be in the shots (although i did manage it in sport mode!), the speed of the drone and also it looks very professional when you turn up to a job with it.

My advise is go first with p4p because there will be learning and mishaps likely. After you get your feet wet on the p4p and possibly move up you will still have a use for it and it will also serve as a great backup. A small accident with the phantom is a big expensive one with the I2.. there is a lot to learn and an I2 is a big jump for a newbie. Honestly there is seldon anything that i cant do with a p4p and am a lot more relaxed doing it. I own 40k worh of drones and 100k of cameras and lenses currently and have been flying drones since the early days and i love my p4p... with the new sensor and higher bit and frame rates it is hard to beat and you will never regret having it.

Often i have undoaded a 10k machine for appearances and then shot the job with the phantom.. if you are doing stuff for free to get your feet wet dont put expensive equipment on the line.. if you can produce a great product .......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy