Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Slave Cendence controller link issues

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondered if anyone has been having troubles with the Slave Cendence controller randomly unlinking from the Master Cendence controller during flight and on occasions on boot up? Have tried the following variants:

- Boot I2, then boot Master Cendence, then boot Slave Cendence
- Boot I2, then boot Slave Cendence, then boot Master Cendence
- Boot Master Cendence, then boot Slave Cendence, then boot I2
- Boot Slave Cendence, then boot Master Cendence, then boot I2
- Faced controllers during bootup
- Pilot and operator always close together when flying (yep, maintaining COVID distances ;))
- Swapped out USB-C cables
- Cleaned USB-C ports on both controller and Crystalsky 7.85 UB monitors
- Switched between 2.4gHz + 5.8gHz modes but mainly work in 2.4gHz to stay clear of the 5.1 - 5.8gHz frequencies of video transmitters on set.
- Reset and relinked the Master and Slave setup.

Bit at a loss as it's totally random. What's worse is that occasionally I have to power cycle everything 3 or 4 times before I get a solid link between the Cendence controllers.

Any tips, hints or clues?

Thanks!

Hi

Just wondered if anyone has been having troubles with the Slave Cendence controller randomly unlinking from the Master Cendence controller during flight and on occasions on boot up? Have tried the following variants:

- Boot I2, then boot Master Cendence, then boot Slave Cendence
- Boot I2, then boot Slave Cendence, then boot Master Cendence
- Boot Master Cendence, then boot Slave Cendence, then boot I2
- Boot Slave Cendence, then boot Master Cendence, then boot I2
- Faced controllers during bootup
- Pilot and operator always close together when flying (yep, maintaining COVID distances ;))
- Swapped out USB-C cables
- Cleaned USB-C ports on both controller and Crystalsky 7.85 UB monitors
- Switched between 2.4gHz + 5.8gHz modes but mainly work in 2.4gHz to stay clear of the 5.1 - 5.8gHz frequencies of video transmitters on set.
- Reset and relinked the Master and Slave setup.

Bit at a loss as it's totally random. What's worse is that occasionally I have to power cycle everything 3 or 4 times before I get a solid link between the Cendence controllers.

Any tips, hints or clues?

Thanks!
Funny, they just released a FW update to fix this - and only this - issue. Hope it works for you ...

Funny, they just released a FW update to fix this - and only this - issue. Hope it works for you ...
Hey thanks!

I've just got back to the workshop and discovered the FW update. Will test and report back here. Fingers crossed x

Hey thanks!

I've just got back to the workshop and discovered the FW update. Will test and report back here. Fingers crossed x
Both Cendence's now updated and initially had a problem where the slave was linking but the DJI Go 4 app wasn't recognising the controller. Swapped out the Cendence CS Monitor mount and all good at the moment. Now need to go out and real world test it...

Both Cendence's now updated and initially had a problem where the slave was linking but the DJI Go 4 app wasn't recognising the controller. Swapped out the Cendence CS Monitor mount and all good at the moment. Now need to go out and real world test it...
Finally got out to test my I2 with both Cendences in Master and Slave mode with everything on the latest firmware. The remotes link (confirmed by the beeps) and the slave is able to operate the gimbal but constantly have the issue with the DJI Go4 app not recognising the slave remote on boot up and mid flight (grey 'Enter Device' as opposed to the blue 'Go Fly' message). On the occasions that both Cendences are up and running, the slave has totally unuseable laggy video. Managed to borrow another Cendence to hook up as the slave...and all was absolutely perfect: DJI Go4 app recognised the controller every time and the video was totally smooth. Feels like it's time to send the Cendence in for repair...

Finally got out to test my I2 with both Cendences in Master and Slave mode with everything on the latest firmware. The remotes link (confirmed by the beeps) and the slave is able to operate the gimbal but constantly have the issue with the DJI Go4 app not recognising the slave remote on boot up and mid flight (grey 'Enter Device' as opposed to the blue 'Go Fly' message). On the occasions that both Cendences are up and running, the slave has totally unuseable laggy video. Managed to borrow another Cendence to hook up as the slave...and all was absolutely perfect: DJI Go4 app recognised the controller every time and the video was totally smooth. Feels like it's time to send the Cendence in for repair...
Great to know you've been able to isolate the culprit. Thanks for sharing ...

Update: my cendence has returned from repair and DJI have simply replaced the whole unit for a new one. I can't get any feedback to see what actually was the problem which would've been useful as a reference. But anyway....the new unit seems fine and working on the workshop bench. Will test properly in the coming days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo