Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IMU problem after firmware update SOLVED

Reaction score
Ok, here's the story, I installed the firmware on the I1, report on the micro sd card reported success, then installed the firmware on the master radio and there was an issue, micro sd card reported corrupted file, so I downloaded the file again and reinstalled firmware on the radio, this time the card reported success. So I updated batts and figured I was good to go, tried recalibrating the IMU but always get an error at 94%.
I am thinking the initial firmware was corrupt and even though I got a success message it did not install correctly in the aircraft, how can I reinstall or should I install previouse firmware and then update again???
Help!

Ok, here's the story, I installed the firmware on the I1, report on the micro sd card reported success, then installed the firmware on the master radio and there was an issue, micro sd card reported corrupted file, so I downloaded the file again and reinstalled firmware on the radio, this time the card reported success. So I updated batts and figured I was good to go, tried recalibrating the IMU but always get an error at 94%.
I am thinking the initial firmware was corrupt and even though I got a success message it did not install correctly in the aircraft, how can I reinstall or should I install previouse firmware and then update again???
Help!

I updated mine tonight, no issues. You mentioned corrupt file on the SD card. I updated the RC using the bin file on a USB drive. Did you use the cable from the gimbal? I wonder if that's the reason.

Help!
Sounds like your inspire took the firmware update. .
make sure and calibrate your imu when the ac is cold on a completely flat surface ..

Reactions: Aviator
I updated mine tonight, no issues. You mentioned corrupt file on the SD card. I updated the RC using the bin file on a USB drive. Did you use the cable from the gimbal? I wonder if that's the reason.
Yes I used a USB drive for the radio.

Sounds like your inspire took the firmware update. .
make sure and calibrate your imu when the ac is cold on a completely flat surface ..
It was cold and sitting over the flattest surface I could find.
I tried 10 different times over different surfaces and different places. Always let it cool down for at least 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
The missing blade generates vibration which results in an IMU calibration error

Attachments

• 20150807_100650.jpg
    20150807_100650.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 94
Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members