Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

In 2022 what mapping App will work with I1 Pro and X5 and XT Thermal Cameras?

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m trying to decide whether to keep my I1 Pro with X5 and XT Thermal Cam or sell it and get a Enterprise version.

I love my set up and I use for my Home Inspection Biz and also fly for fun.
I just need to understand, since the Drone is so old, are there any mapping apps tha5 will still work with the XT Thermal Camera ? I do see Drone Deply (Maps Made Easy) has the X5 listed as “Supported” but NOT the XT…

Is anyone using a mapping App with their I1 Pro with the Zenmuse XT Thermal Cam? If so, can you please let me know which app and have you had any successful missions?

Thanks very much

Hi all, I’m trying to decide whether to keep my I1 Pro with X5 and XT Thermal Cam or sell it and get a Enterprise version.

I just need to understand, since the Drone is so old, are there any mapping apps tha5 will still work with the XT Thermal Camera ? I do see Drone Deply (Maps Made Easy) has the X5 listed as “Supported” but NOT the XT…

Is anyone using a mapping App with their I1 Pro with the Zenmuse XT Thermal Cam? If so, can you please let me know which app and have you had any successful missions?

Thanks very much
I'm pretty certain Maps Made Easy (MME) still supports the XT & XT2. I haven't used my XT on I1 for sometime. I'd take the direct path and ask Zane at MME. I do believe you can perform a map mission and collect the photos, they may not offer a processing platform, you may need to use other processing service. DroneDeploy likely provides processing & collection of images, but DroneDeploy has a higher cost for those not using service much.

Back in 2019, Zane did reply and make comment in a post, but also noted it only applied to those XT/XT2 platforms purchased "through" MME. Maybe with years and technology changes, they allow the XT now.

Another one, DJI's Ground Station Pro (GSP) I believe supports the XT & XT2. Another option to check DroneLink.
I've found GSP to be a nice map product... basically what the new Pilot v2 Mapping is based on.
You can purchase a few 1-time cost add-ons that enhance GSP even more.
Note: These are mapping apps, they are not processing services.

Metashape is a self processing option, several others availible.

Thanks very much
UgCS supports the Inspire 1 with the XT payload

Unfortunately DJI has discontinued Ground Station Pro and will no longer update it. It is too bad because that is my go to application to layout my mapping.

Unfortunately DJI has discontinued Ground Station Pro and will no longer update it. It is too bad because that is my go to application to layout my mapping.
correct, no longer supported but it still works great on Inspire 2 & Matrice platforms. The optional components can still be purchased within GSP2... at least the last time I checked.

Still a great App, works nicely. It's what they styled their new Terrain program.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters