Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inflight Battery Warmer

Hello everybody.

I created an inflight battery cover with my CAD and 3D printer.
It simply clicks on it and keeps the battery in flight about 5-8 degrees warmer than normal.

Its a prototype. with your printer settings you can increase the print quality.

IMG_2335.JPG

Here you can download my stl file.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2750990

Have Fun.
The URL link fails to open for me... is this an active link?
I'd like to download your STL file, I don't have a 3D printer but know a few that do and hopeful they'll print up a copy.

Is there room between cover and battery to fit a toe warmer?

I'm looking at various 3D printers... may I ask what printer you're using?

The URL link fails to open for me... is this an active link?
I'd like to download your STL file, I don't have a 3D printer but know a few that do and hopeful they'll print up a copy.

Is there room between cover and battery to fit a toe warmer?

I'm looking at various 3D printers... may I ask what printer you're using?
@dougcjohn Cut and paste DJI Inspire Battery Cover by acstrobe into your browser. The link works that way.
Cheers!

This worked out great for me today. I flew in 24F temps. Started with a 19.5C battery temp and ended with a 31.5C battery temp. I think it worked out very well.

35b44bd6a52f2ab88720d1efad5b8f81.jpg

Some simple foam and masking tape. Easy peasy.
I used the very same closed cell foam but used clear packing tape instead. Much lighter than the Spaceloft material sample i bought.

Well I just used mine today. It is 28 degrees outside. Flew a tb48 with the mod and the two extra batteries with N Watts x5 holder attached. I did not use the toe warmers. When the flight was done the battery showed a temp of 41.2C.. Much Much warmer then if I did not use the battery insulator. I would have to say you would only have to use the toe warmers in the pockets if the temp was in the teens or at 0. I think DJI should have made this an option for those in cold weather, not just a sticker for the battery either.

What flighttime do you get With the extra battery?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08