Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 and FAA Remote ID.

Just curious, Do you think DJI will release a firmware patch or will we have to buy the add-on unit for Remote ID for our Inspire's? I've seen one module for $299.99 Here: Dronetag Mini Universal Remote ID Module Hopefull, someone else will develop more to lower the prices.
Not going to release firmware patch wait to buy add on closer to September they will be cheaper

OK, How are these modules going to get us past the DJI compliance? Some DJI Firmware has RID build in. My Air 2S and Mini 3 Pro for example. Just wondering about My Inspire and Phantom 4.

THIS POST I HAD MADE IN MAVIC FORUM.
I use on my Matrice 200 series (same componnets for Inspire 2)

I use the DroneBeacon DB120 self contained unit on my Matrice 200 and my other drones that are no longer complient. I took minutes to get up and running and is well worth ther 130 USD price. Some photos with the DB120 on our GoPro adaptor. (this is fully FAA complient and self contained)
They also make a component DIY board this is were I purchased

We have GoPro style mounts for the DroneTag and the DroneBeacon DB120 on our eBay store Security Measure

Photo is on my old Yuneec H series however, works on all our mounts.

Our ad is on Mavic Pilots now and will be on Inspire,Yuneec and Parrot shortly

Attachments​

• 20230514_111146.jpg
    20230514_111146.jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230514_105220.jpg
    20230514_105220.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20230514_135507.jpg
    20230514_135507.jpg
    969.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230515_151225.jpg
There is no real setup to remoteID (which is just like a transponder in aircraft) the manfacture does that. You can login via a 192 ip range however, no need to just turn it on. Then run an app like OpenDroneID for Android (not sure if they have IOS) and you will see your ID on location map. Here is snap of mine on my Matrice . Very simple nothing to do. Eventually we will need to add to USA FAA registration we use for our plus 249gram drones.

Attachments​

• Screenshot_2023-05-18_092025.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-18_092025.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 17

Interesting module. Concur with the others. The prices will come down as the year goes by.
Why can't this info be broadcast from the phone or tablet your using. I has all the info needed. Is this just another way of digging in our pockets. ****!!

Why cat this be done with the phone or tablet your using in conjunction with the drone remote to fly. Thi a ninfo can be broadcast though Bluetooth or wifi. Someone needs to write some code.

Why cat this be done with the phone or tablet your using in conjunction with the drone remote to fly. Thi a ninfo can be broadcast though Bluetooth or wifi. Someone needs to write some code.
Good question. For some that might work, but here in MT, cell and wifi connection are not always possible. Bluetooth is a non-starter for sure.

Right but Bluetooth is always. This would be the easiest and most cost-effective way of making the information available. It's a money thing, as always.

My son is a coder. I asked him to look into a way if possible. I'm hoping he can make a easy app. Long as it's not infringing on other software witch at this stage of the game. Most any code of any app will cross this line. You can't look at a picture online for the most part that... your not braking the law.

I will post any information he comes up with. Good or bad, I'm sure someone out there is working on this just hasn't found it yet, or the money isn't right. Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm