Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Authorisation Zone Problem

Reaction score
Hi,

Our Inspire 1 doesn't seem to like unlocking in an authorisation zone?

Self unlocking had stopped working and giving us an "Unlock failed message". We have spoken to DJI and they have just issued us with unlocks from their end which seem to have not really helped the problem.

Here is a photo of the problem.

Confirm Failed.jpg

Has anyone else had this problem before?

I have not experienced that problem specifically, but I HAVE experienced other similar micromanagement problems that have essentially grounded my Inspire until the user finds Internet access, logs in, takes a test and/or agrees to a new EULA, etc. The workaround is to run legacy firmware and software.

If you want your Inspire 1 to work perfectly for the rest of your life without micromanagement issues from DJI, roll back your firmware and software to the following versions:

App: v3.1.1 <--- (This is the key to Nirvana. Anything past 3.1.1, and you will be managed by DJI).
App database: v00.00.01.04
Aircraft: v1.8.1.00
Remote: v1.6
X3 Camera: v1.8.1
X5 Camera: v1.11.1.50 (there's actually a lot of wiggle room on this FW version).

Here's a video to get you started:

AND

Make sure you read the "Description" sections thoroughly!

Rolling back your Go App is a bit of a hack via iTunes v12.5.4.42. This version of iTunes will unlock your iPad and will allow you to take back control. If you use Android, you're on your own.

DJI and Apple seem to embrace the same micromanagement business models for their products. These policies cause the Inspire 1 pilot all manner of grief. The answer and the cure is to simply roll everything back to "the good ol' days." I've been using these legacy software/firmware versions for years. I use my Inspire roughly twice a month and it's rock solid every time. I couldn't be happier.

Make your Inspire great again.

Good luck.

D

Reactions: Southcoaster
Hi,

Our Inspire 1 doesn't seem to like unlocking in an authorisation zone?

Self unlocking had stopped working and giving us an "Unlock failed message". We have spoken to DJI and they have just issued us with unlocks from their end which seem to have not really helped the problem.

Here is a photo of the problem.

View attachment 26350

Has anyone else had this problem before?

I've had this to happen to me, so If I am going to be flying in/near an Airspace restricted area, I go to DJI FlySafe Portal and do custom unlock. When I get on-site, I don't have to worry about it. If you need additional help with the process, let me know. If someone else has already told you this, my apologies because I didn't read the entire thread. Just sharing my experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk