Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 battery mod: never ending crusade ...

I've just been buying these. And replacing the cells. I don't really care much about the battery counter, by not resetting it will I run into an issue? not sure

Also is it obvious to me that there are some folks selling battery replacements for 500+ dollars, who do full counter resets, different capacity sizes. etc. They all seem to be using PHẦN MỀM VÀ DỤNG CỤ SỬA CHỮA - REGEDIT GROUP , as the tool to crack the passkey.. as this BMS is not specific to just DJI stuff, not legal of course...

Disclaimer: Do so at your own risk, li-ion packs are very explosive and dangerous if not handled correctly. You will need a proper soldering iron, skills and a basic understanding of electricity/batteries to complete this swap.

I have bought 2x of the "TB48" cell packs from the aliexpress seller and transplanted them to my old TB47 heads, so far the Inspire will report proper voltage on all 6 cells (these packs are 6S1P cells instead of the original 6S2P setup). I haven't tried to fly the thing yet as it's cold and snowy outside lately.

Some things to note if anyone wants to attempt it, the first time you power on the aircraft the battery will report whatever the last cell pack you swapped out had % wise. (For example, 0% if last cells were completely flat) but the cells will report proper voltage (eg. 4.01V). You will need to keep the aircraft on to drain the cells down to 3.2V then charge it to full to reset the % gauge.

One more thing is since I do not have the tools to reprogram the head, the battery will still report "Broken Cells" in the advanced menu, but so far does not seem to stop me from taking off and flying. Also, the mAh rating will no longer be accurate as the new cells are of different capacities compared to stock cells.

I did keep the black battery label as they are actually made out of metal and can help dissipate heat and protect the cells.
20220125_213937.jpg

20220125_220031.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-105759.png

Last edited:
Disclaimer: Do so at your own risk, li-ion packs are very explosive and dangerous if not handled correctly. You will need a proper soldering iron, skills and a basic understanding of electricity/batteries to complete this swap.

I have bought 2x of the "TB48" cell packs from the aliexpress seller and transplanted them to my old TB47 heads, so far the Inspire will report proper voltage on all 6 cells (these packs are 6S1P cells instead of the original 6S2P setup). I haven't tried to fly the thing yet as it's cold and snowy outside lately.

Some things to note if anyone wants to attempt it, the first time you power on the aircraft the battery will report whatever the last cell pack you swapped out had % wise. (For example, 0% if last cells were completely flat) but the cells will report proper voltage (eg. 4.01V). You will need to keep the aircraft on to drain the cells down to 3.2V then charge it to full to reset the % gauge.

One more thing is since I do not have the tools to reprogram the head, the battery will still report "Broken Cells" in the advanced menu, but so far does not seem to stop me from taking off and flying. Also, the mAh rating will no longer be accurate as the new cells are of different capacities compared to stock cells.

I did keep the black battery label as they are actually made out of metal and can help dissipate heat and protect the cells.
20220125_213937.jpg

20220125_220031.jpg

Screenshot_20220118-105759.png
well thats a problem, "still report "Broken Cells" in the advanced menu, but so far does not seem to stop me from taking off and flying. Also, the mAh rating will no longer be accurate as the new cells are of different capacities compared to stock cells."

the apps use the telemetry data for landing and return home safely, if they dont function, you could land in a lake when cells show not enough MAH to get home, there a alot of issues with that, a reprogram or reset would be best options on those cell packs

well thats a problem, "still report "Broken Cells" in the advanced menu, but so far does not seem to stop me from taking off and flying. Also, the mAh rating will no longer be accurate as the new cells are of different capacities compared to stock cells."

the apps use the telemetry data for landing and return home safely, if they dont function, you could land in a lake when cells show not enough MAH to get home, there a alot of issues with that, a reprogram or reset would be best options on those cell packs
for sure I would never trust these transplanted batteries as they are now, most likely just going to be a very short flight and over flat ground and low attitude. I saw your videos and may be interested in getting a test run of the programmer to reset the head and set the proper values.

Design #3 try to make tighter wire connectionsIMG_5044.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5053.JPG
    IMG_5053.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5052.JPG
    IMG_5052.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5051.JPG
    IMG_5051.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5050.JPG
    IMG_5050.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5049.JPG
    IMG_5049.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5048.JPG
    IMG_5048.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5047.JPG
    IMG_5047.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5046.JPG
    IMG_5046.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5045.JPG
    IMG_5045.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Guys, I've resoldered about 10x TB47, and after some poking on GitHub, smart guys seem to state the BMS do not set a permanent won't-work flag on battery failure. Meaning, upon fresh cells, it's happy, and after cycling, it sets new total energy. It's my impression too; not one of those 10x TB has an upset BMS. Charge count stays though. Any other conclusions here? Sorry if I've missed it. Cheers /Peter

Reactions: mrpackethead
Guys, I've resoldered about 10x TB47, and after some poking on GitHub, smart guys seem to state the BMS do not set a permanent won't-work flag on battery failure. Meaning, upon fresh cells, it's happy, and after cycling, it sets new total energy. It's my impression too; not one of those 10x TB has an upset BMS. Charge count stays though. Any other conclusions here? Sorry if I've missed it. Cheers /Peter
Which repo in github? Really curious.. I have about 20 Batterys in various states and 4 Inspire1s four our fishing and they are epic, but i need a battery solution!

for sure I would never trust these transplanted batteries as they are now, most likely just going to be a very short flight and over flat ground and low attitude. I saw your videos and may be interested in getting a test run of the programmer to reset the head and set the proper values.

I'm not looking for extending flight times. I dont' want to carry any extra weight, in fact if anything i' stripping weight off, as i use these for doing fishing.. Typical flight times only run 3-4 minutes..

I'm not looking for extending flight times. I dont' want to carry any extra weight, in fact if anything i' stripping weight off, as i use these for doing fishing.. Typical flight times only run 3-4 minutes..
what exactly are you looking for on GIT-hub ?????

there still is a trick to reset the inspire 1 BMS, sometime your lucky and it starts up, sometimes not, all i know is the minute you disconnect the balance leads form the battery you put it into SS hardware failure, yes PF may not pop up, PF is for low or bad cells, is there a way to program a bms for free.......i dont think so..ive been working on inspire batteries for years now...even guys buying those un_branded cell packs from CHE_NA are getting bad temp and MAH levels and need to be calibrated

Which repo in github? Really curious.. I have about 20 Batterys in various states and 4 Inspire1s four our fishing and they are epic, but i need a battery solution!
i need to know what you are looking for on GITHUB its a big universe, what is happing with your batteries, and what does epic mean, the inspire batteries Never got the flytime even that DJI advertised , its a big bird

i need to know what you are looking for on GITHUB its a big universe, what is happing with your batteries, and what does epic mean, the inspire batteries Never got the flytime even that DJI advertised , its a big bird
The Inspire1's are wonderful platform for fishing with. Love them.. They are 'epic'.

I was hopeful that @svartald might have the link to the github repo he found. I searched it for TB47 and TB48 but did not find much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters