Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 battery mod: never ending crusade ...

One thing I don't quite understand about this mod, is that the description says that if the 9000mAh battery gets old/weak you can easily unplug it and plug in a new one. How exactly does that work? Can I have multiple 9000mAh batteries and swap them between a single modded head?

The Inspire1's are wonderful platform for fishing with. Love them.. They are 'epic'.

I was hopeful that @svartald might have the link to the github repo he found. I searched it for TB47 and TB48 but did not find much.
I still don’t understand what you were looking for at get hub if you’re looking for some kind of firmware software that messes with the batteries that does not exist there are other ways of talking to your battery finding out all the information but I never heard of what you’re asking

I still don’t understand what you were looking for at get hub if you’re looking for some kind of firmware software that messes with the batteries that does not exist there are other ways of talking to your battery finding out all the information but I never heard of what you’re asking
I was just asking for the link for the repo that the poster mentioned in his post.. Thats all.. Pretty simple really. Theres a lot of information in github thats not just software.

Ive got endless numberes of dead batterys, so, if i ruin a few figuring it out. its no big deal.

Which repo in github? Really curious.. I have about 20 Batterys in various states and 4 Inspire1s four our fishing and they are epic, but i need a battery solution!
Just contact us, we can regenerate them professionally with brand new, custom made cells, and TB48 will have an internal heater for cold climate operation.

Just contact us, we can regenerate them professionally with brand new, custom made cells, and TB48 will have an internal heater for cold climate operation.

If i wanted to pay someone to do it for me, i would. At 169 Euros its totally unrealistic.

If you can do it so can I.

Reactions: niki
Reactions: mrpackethead
Thanks @cruzroy, I'll order a couple and see what i can do... Is there some instructions/video/youtube link?
no videos as of yet, but maybe by the time you get it, i could wip up some ideas, supposedly people here have used them....you need a 60w iron to release the 2 ground wires, be careful of the temp sensor it stays with board and remove glue to remove balance led....the new ones are plug and play, but there is a process of force charging to get it to 100%, then fly close to 3% and recharge and the BMS should re-calibrate on its own

watch this vid, in the beginning how to take tb47-48 apart

ok.. so..
(1) battery packs ordered.
(2) making a balancing lead adaptor to work with my ultrapower UP7. I've got more dead battery packs than i'll ever need so i'll steal the connector of an old one. though It does look that these might be a standard connector.. Just need to work out what it is. I've asked the HSABAT people what it is as well.
(3) Plan will be to first put the new battery on the UP7 and and take all the cells to around 3.8V, and make sure they are all balanced, then replace, it, and charge..
(4) Reset the bms.. ( as per Cruzroys suggestions )..

5cents of interesting information, that probably wont' help you much. The cells for the TB47/48 were made by ATL Battery, which is owned by TDK Corporation.
scroll down a little in this page, and you'll even see a non branded picture of the TB47/48 Battery packs.

Reactions: McBuster
this is the easiest fix for you, there is no secrets software that will revive your batteries, just need to know what to do, the tb47-48 have their own re-calibrate function as you can also reset from board with tweezers and steady hands HSABAT TB48 TB47 6000 mAh Battery for DJI Inspire 1 TB48 TB47 Intelligent Flight | eBay
After reading this and other forums, I tried it with one from aliexpress just soldered head onto new battery and charged it up full. When i used it first time(was totally dead when purchased wouldnt power up) it only showed 1 charge but only the 4700Mah capacity not the 6000Mah claimed by battery, so I'll have to buy the software to change that but using the EV2400 i was able to see there was no flags of any kind. The next ones I buy will be the 12 celled replacment the first one was only 6. So I guess what I'm getting at is that it works and just be safe. Lots of thanks to cruzroy and his videos.

After reading this and other forums, I tried it with one from aliexpress just soldered head onto new battery and charged it up full. When i used it first time(was totally dead when purchased wouldnt power up) it only showed 1 charge but only the 4700Mah capacity not the 6000Mah claimed by battery, so I'll have to buy the software to change that but using the EV2400 i was able to see there was no flags of any kind. The next ones I buy will be the 12 celled replacment the first one was only 6. So I guess what I'm getting at is that it works and just be safe. Lots of thanks to cruzroy and his videos.
1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    620.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 22
Yeah I don't have the full version yetjust free so i can't unseal it. I'm waiting for other batteries to make it worth while I only replaced one as a test software kinda pricey for just one battery

Is there more to do that just to reset the hardware, charge/discharge it a few times to let it recalibrate?
if it dont recalibrate on its own and it shows wrong MAH.....yes if you can reset black box and reset lifetime data, it removes old info on chip

if it dont recalibrate on its own and it shows wrong MAH.....yes if you can reset black box and reset lifetime data, it removes old info on chip

Right, so its a maybe situation? Is it worth just resetting it when you've got it apart?

Good question! To do the hard reset, what are all the preparative procedures besides removing the balance connector and leaving disconnected for an hour required before doing a hard reset connecting GND to RESET?

Good question! To do the hard reset, what are all the preparative procedures besides removing the balance connector and leaving disconnected for an hour required before doing a hard reset connecting GND to RESET?
just yellow

Attachments

• reset.jpg
    reset.jpg
    932.3 KB · Views: 51

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop