Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 battery mod: never ending crusade ...

I assume the board still has to be connected to the battery when you do the reset?
yes 2 ways

1. just touch RST and GND for a few seconds
2. while battery is off, (this one is tricky unless you have 3 hands,) touch RST and GND while pushing and holding the power button...5 seconds

try that and update us
if those don't work, she needs to be programmed

also if its blinking lights and wont turn off.....pull the balance lead and let it sit for 24 hour's, it discharges the chips

BUT always check each lipo, if there is any variant os voltage, nothing works....balance each cell to same, from 3.0 to 4.2 they all have to be + or - .50 mv

The arrived today along with a bag of useful looking plastic shims and things which will be very handy to for taking old batterys apart.
Batterys took about three weeks to arrive.
First Job, take these batterys and make sure they are all balanced. I have a UP7 charger, i'll have to make some matching balance leads up for it.

1652757200500.png

The arrived today along with a bag of useful looking plastic shims and things which will be very handy to for taking old batterys apart.
First Job, take these batterys and make sure they are all balanced. I have a UP7 charger, i'll have to make some matching balance leads up for it.

View attachment 32551
do some videos please

View attachment 32551
How did the batteries work? Are you going to do a video on how too

Me too I broke the balance port trying to plug in the lead. So now I'm in the process of changing the cells to a use distribution board . I did buy my battery pack from alibaba it can in about 3 weeks and it was in storage charge and all cell were balance. It took me about 15 min to change over with the temp. lead taking the most time. Tom

Doing an experiment now. I found some cheap power banks at a goodwill. They had a shelf full of them with the JPS logo on them. Looks like some kind of promotional thing. I expected them to be the Alibaba or Aliexpress fire starter specials, but the results were even more disappointing than what I imagined.

For $9 each for a claimed 10AH/37wh battery I couldn't resist the temptation so I bought 12 of them. 6 I gave out to various family members and the other 6 I took apart for the batteries since I have two inspire 1 packs that have completely failed. I wired them up and the BMS accepts them and the drone powers on. I can even fly with them, but only for a few seconds because they are larger and heavier batteries and I get motor overload messages, and the batteries just suck. They can't deliver enough current to keep the voltage up.

At full charge and full throttle the cell voltages drops down to 3V each. At one point during a hover test it completely shut down due to low voltage. Thankfully I was barely a foot off the ground. These cells can't be more than 2C capable which is pathetic for LiPo batteries. In fact, they may not even be LiPo cells given how little current they can supply even though they claim to be LiPo both on the power bank packaging, and on the cells. No wonder the power banks where there in the first place, but I wasn't expecting much anyways. This was for science.

Now I am doing a full charge/discharge/charge cycle to see how much capacity they really have. I haven't reprogrammed the BMS, but so far it's looking like they may hold ~6 - 8 AH of capacity which is way below the claimed 10AH, and given the physical size of the cells that's even more pathetic. Makes me wonder if these are counterfeit or just plain factory rejects. Regardless, this proves that good batteries are worth their weight. Still, for $120 for all 12 I think it was worth it for the experiment. If I had known their condition I wouldn't have paid for them even if they were $1 each.

View attachment 32551
ever get these to work??

hello guys im new here but was wondering, i am getting an inspire 1 with the xs5 camera and was wondering how to extend the batt life myself, a friend of mine who just had his first inspire 1 flyaway like an hour ago, sent me this link, ill post it below, check them out and tell me what you thing. I am willing to brake some boundaries a tad bit, but not if i lose my drone, but with 10 minute flight, i might as well just get a dji spark, lmao, what do you guys think? Btw, I have video editing exp, but having to make my own batteries or mod them would be like asking me to reverse engineer an extraterrestrial craft based off half wiped away ancient cave paintings, lol. Needless to say i am about as smart with wiring as baby yoda, lol.

Here is the link below.

hello guys im new here but was wondering, i am getting an inspire 1 with the xs5 camera and was wondering how to extend the batt life myself, a friend of mine who just had his first inspire 1 flyaway like an hour ago, sent me this link, ill post it below, check them out and tell me what you thing. I am willing to brake some boundaries a tad bit, but not if i lose my drone, but with 10 minute flight, i might as well just get a dji spark, lmao, what do you guys think? Btw, I have video editing exp, but having to make my own batteries or mod them would be like asking me to reverse engineer an extraterrestrial craft based off half wiped away ancient cave paintings, lol. Needless to say i am about as smart with wiring as baby yoda, lol.

Here is the link below.

1. what battery caused the flyaway
2. i use erics batteries have not failed yet

Here is the link below.

i have built all designs of batteries, and also had purchase some asian mods, and eriks so far are the best, but he has been back log with orders, so email him, i will also be post new video on the VER2 battery is smaller, for the people that think the props would hit lipo....

Here is the link below.

If you are not that technical, regarding battery mods, my basic rule of thumb depending on how much you fly is to check your batteries quarterly throughout the year, especially the off season. To extend the life as much as possible, don't let the charge status light on the batteries fall much below 2 bars when in storage. If they do, give them a bit of a charge to get them back to 2+ for storage.

I set the batteries to discharge basically right away. DJI batteries will self discharge to a storage point of around 50%. Don't fully charge them unless you intend to fly, try not to fully charge them, then put them in storage.

Even though the DJI batteries discharge to around 50%, they will still loose charge over time sitting in storage. When the batteries charge falls too low for too long you may have trouble getting them back to the point where they will charge, and may cause them to start to puff or swell. Overcharging or charging at too high of a rate can do that too, but you shouldn't have to worry about that with the DJI stock charger.

So, don't forget to check your batteries for a minimum charge and puffing of the cells.

View attachment 32551
How did you get on with these packs ?

Sorry for bringing up an older post but I've been doing a lot of research into who has done what and learned what etc as far as TB47/48 batteries and understanding DJI's crazy BMS. I recently got back into aerial photography and picked up 2 inspire 1 pro's X3 and X5 for both. Thankfully out of the 5 batteries I have, the highest charge cycle is 27! That being said I have a Flipper Zero pen tool and was curious if anyone wanted me to try anything as it has quite a bit of capabilities being open sourced. @cruzroy I admire your dedication to find a solution and being pretty darn transparent with your findings over the years. 20-30min is perfect amount of flight time for any drone IMO and that is the goal I want to achieve in potentially making IS1 batteries as a direct replacement for the older batteries. I know a few guys out there re-cell batteries but your limited from what I can tell (reading) to a certain mAh due to size of stock battery casing. Anyways enough rambling on...

-Adam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo