Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Crash: Power loss in mid air

DJI have absolutely no power over this site whatsoever so it was done by the OP.
Never said this site had anything to do with altering content playability but it's no longer playable from youtube which means the video owner was influenced in to removing it...which DJI is known to be a part of. I was paid with two Inspire 1 batteries for removing a frame vibration video.

Is it possible your RC lost contact with the Inspire and the Inspire started to climb to the return to home altitude, crashing into the bottom of the bridge. Looking carefully at the end of the video seems to show the craft climbing. Sorry for your loss. I await further comments with interest.
same problem- no CSC command, no loss of signal, battery at 24%. see if you can explain to me what happened? bad battery's? data on link below.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

same problem- no CSC command, no loss of signal, battery at 24%. see if you can explain to me what happened? bad battery's? data on link below.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
You flew your aircraft down to under 3volts under load on cell 4 and the battery would have shut down.
You had a weak cell which was giving over 400mV deviation indication which would have been clearly visible for a period of time within the telemetry data on the battery screen.
You do not monitor or maintain your batteries well and obviously do not keep a flight log which includes battery information otherwise you would have seen this coming a long way off.
This would have been easily identified and preventable with proper maintenance/logs

Reactions: niki
I happened to be flying on a litchi app. but the data on the go app only show voltage left which was 24v.

1586786033725.png

I use DJI recommended process to charge batteries. The "Smart" batteries are suppose to discharge to acceptable level prior to charging. Your comments sound like you work for the the DJI company. The app did not show each cell discharge, just the total voltage. if I could have seen the variable on the defective cell, I would have did something about it. Maybe you could supply this config to set up in the Go app or Lithci to see all 4 cells as you fly. Please also supply the DJI recommended maintenance that you indicate that DJI has that's different than using thier electronics to maintain their batteries!

The batteries do get charged and cycled on a regular basis. If there was a short in the cell, the "Smart" charger would not allow it to charge to full capacity which would have identified an issue! look forward to your feedback. Thanks

Last edited:
I happened to be flying on a litchi app. but the data on the go app only show voltage left which was 24v.

View attachment 28511

I use DJI recommended process to charge batteries. The "Smart" batteries are suppose to discharge to acceptable level prior to charging. Your comments sound like you work for the the DJI company. The app did not show each cell discharge, just the total voltage. if I could have seen the variable on the defective cell, I would have did something about it. Maybe you could supply this config to set up in the Go app or Lithci to see all 4 cells as you fly. Please also supply the DJI recommended maintenance that you indicate that DJI has that's different than using thier electronics to maintain their batteries!

The batteries do get charged and cycled on a regular basis. If there was a short in the cell, the "Smart" charger would not allow it to charge to full capacity which would have identified an issue! look forward to your feedback. Thanks
More info as I dig into issue. this pic is the failed battery. notice the Go app does not identify any anomily in any cell. I recorded that in my log!failed battery.jpg

LESSON LEARNED!

Here's the lesson. DJI says that if any cell reaches 3volts it shuts down. TRUE! 2.99v on the 4th cell proves that. total power failure!
However, most pilots view percentage powere left or total voltage. 4x4cells at 3volts would equal 12v. However,. in this case looking at total % battery (24%) or total voltage (13.222v), either being displayed does not indicated issue.
Does anyone know if there is a way to display/monitor all 4 cells voltage at same time while in flight on app since total voltage and % power left are not a reliable indcator of whats going on with power? Thanks.

LESSON LEARNED!

Here's the lesson. DJI says that if any cell reaches 3volts it shuts down. TRUE! 2.99v on the 4th cell proves that. total power failure!
However, most pilots view percentage powere left or total voltage. 4x4cells at 3volts would equal 12v. However,. in this case looking at total % battery (24%) or total voltage (13.222v), either being displayed does not indicated issue.
Does anyone know if there is a way to display/monitor all 4 cells voltage at same time while in flight on app since total voltage and % power left are not a reliable indcator of whats going on with power? Thanks.
This has been covered many times previously on the forum - you can use search and it will bring up pertinent threads
I have ALWAYS advocated flying by voltage and not percentage since voltage is absolute and percentage is a guesstimate based on an algorithm.

Simply assign one of your remote buttons to battery screen and check on it periodically during flight

Your battery pack with the weak cell is useless and should be retired.

This has been covered many times previously on the forum - you can use search and it will bring up pertinent threads
I have ALWAYS advocated flying by voltage and not percentage since voltage is absolute and percentage is a guesstimate based on an algorithm.

Simply assign one of your remote buttons to battery screen and check on it periodically during flight

Your battery pack with the weak cell is useless and should be retired.
The Battery has been retired.
I found one post that answered question for Go app, not Litchi. In the Go app the voltage of lowest cell will show up. this might have given me indication of issues before it was critical. I have added that to my configuration and check list. 1586883926380.png

My assinged keys are already taken up with work functions for the Drone so the Go app display works. I still dont have a solution for litchi, but will check forums. If someone has one out there, let me know?
If all was working correclty with smart battery, the batteries should have failed with bad cell. Unfortuantley , they didnt aand looked like everyting was good to go. Running the voltage is a definite must to pick up battery issue in the air.

I am providing this level of detail to hopefully prevent this from happening to anyone else. Hope it helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk