Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 DOA from factory

EKW

Reaction score
I have been given an Inspire 1 from a friend that used to sell them. This one was returned several years ago because it wouldn't work out of the box. The remote will not connect with an Android device, and although it is bound to the drone it will only move the camera in pitch and yaw (full pitch, only partial yaw). The remote will not take an update via a USB thumb drive. I have updated the drone with WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50.

I thought the USB board in the remote might be done in, and so I replaced it, but it hasn't helped, perhaps it's the ribbon cable? It could also be that the brains of the remote are just completely scrambled..

What steps can I take to start getting serious about this repair?

Send it to dji. Reasonable costs and they guarantee their work. I send my Mavic 2 to the Texas facility. Happy with the results.

There aren't any authorized DJI repair centres in Canada, and the non-authorized one I contacted weren't interested in looking at it due to lack of parts availability.

Sounds like the remote have to be replaced. Can you try with another remote controller, maybe your friend can provide one for the test? I guess the drone have to be activated as well, for which you'll need to connect the RC to phone or tablet, login to djigo and follow the steps to activate it.

I have been given an Inspire 1 from a friend that used to sell them. This one was returned several years ago because it wouldn't work out of the box. The remote will not connect with an Android device, and although it is bound to the drone it will only move the camera in pitch and yaw (full pitch, only partial yaw). The remote will not take an update via a USB thumb drive. I have updated the drone with WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50.

I thought the USB board in the remote might be done in, and so I replaced it, but it hasn't helped, perhaps it's the ribbon cable? It could also be that the brains of the remote are just completely scrambled..

What steps can I take to start getting serious about this repair?
try replacing the HDMI board that sits on top of the USB board.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207