Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 firmware downgrade issues

Hi niki,
Thanks for your response. You are correct, the updated did not complete (based on the log file). I tried both the 1.08 and 1.11 again, but cannot get past the constant beeping. Also when reviewing the chip after the upgrade/downgrade attempts, there is no new log file which indicates the DEBUG (magic key) did not work.

View attachment 28178

Is the DEBUG file a "one use only?"

Also I did check all 3 of my controllers. From what I can tell they are all C1, does this fit?

View attachment 28179

Does anyone have a hack to bypass the failed download to 1.08? I have tried a lot of options, including running the X3 on my Osmo (which works and calibrates), but can't seem to find the key to get past the beeping and incomplete install of 1.08....

All suggestions welcome....
For going back to the latest firmware I think you should delete the debug file from the SD and leave only the firmware.bin file. After some flying with the 1.08.40 I decided to go back to the latest and did not have a problem with upgrading, I simply put the bin file of v1.11 on the SD without anything else and it went updating it. I guess after that you should be able to go back again with the debug file and do a downgrade.

The RC you have is GL658 "A" model, don't be confused by the big C1 on the right. So this mean that it is possible for this model the downgrade to show other options (versions) which should be fine if you chek which exact AC firmware is supported by RC v1.7.8 and donwgrade and then upgrade to that exact firmware on the inspire itself, then everything should work as expected.

inspire_RC_model.jpg

Evening niki,
OK, on the controller you said I have model "A", but pointed to the C (red arrow), am I being too literal here. It probably did not affect my failed downgrade. So, after 35 minutes with DJI tech support, I decided to send it in and have the "poor video quality" and the firmware update done at the same time.

I am amazed that you guys on the Inspire Forum have such a wealth of knowledge. I can never get the level of detail from DJI tech support. Where do you find all these tech "gems"? Thanks to all who have "tried" to get me un-bricked with my failed downgrade due to "Poor Video Quality" on my Inspire 1 Pro... Off to UPS tomorrow... BTW the AC would not go into "Travel Mode" auto or manual!!

Evening niki,
OK, on the controller you said I have model "A", but pointed to the C (red arrow), am I being too literal here. It probably did not affect my failed downgrade. So, after 35 minutes with DJI tech support, I decided to send it in and have the "poor video quality" and the firmware update done at the same time.

I am amazed that you guys on the Inspire Forum have such a wealth of knowledge. I can never get the level of detail from DJI tech support. Where do you find all these tech "gems"? Thanks to all who have "tried" to get me un-bricked with my failed downgrade due to "Poor Video Quality" on my Inspire 1 Pro... Off to UPS tomorrow... BTW the AC would not go into "Travel Mode" auto or manual!!
The photo of the RC with red arrow pointing the "C" is what is on mine remote, on your photo at the same place there is "A" symbol.

I think you just had to try puting the firmware of 1.11 on the SD and nothing else and give it a go. That should restore your aircraft to the state with lower radio reception - v1.11
Sending it to dji support will be a slow route to the same outcome.

This from a DJI site - How to Downgrade Firmware. A site within is listed for accessing older versions of software. I haven't tried it yet and the information does come with a warning that you need to know what you are doing. I hope this is helpful, good luck.

Download Firmware​

You can download all available Phantom 3 or Inspire 1 firmware from the DankDownloader Tool: Dank Drone Downloader - Web App
Once you have downloaded the firmware, copy the .BIN file to your SD card.

Firmware Debug File​

Now, you need to make or secure a firmware debug file. This file is a text file, with no extension and no contents in the file. It is effectively a zero bytes file with a special filename. The filename needs to match your aircraft model. Below are the firmware downgrade filenames:
Phantom 3:
  • P3X (p3 pro) = P3X_FW_DEBUG
  • P3S (p3 advanced) = P3S_FW_DEBUG
  • P3C (p3 standard) = P3C_FW_DEBUG
  • P3SE (Phantom 3 SE): P3SE_FW_DEBUG
Inspire 1:
  • WM610 = WM610_FW_DEBUG
  • WM610_FC350 = WM610_FC350_FW_DEBUG
  • WM610_FC550 = WM610_FC550_FW_DEBUG
  • WM610_FC550R = WM610_FC550R_FW_DEBUG
To create the file, create a new file as a text file. Rename the file to one of the names noted above, do not include a file extension. The contents of the file shall also be blank (that is, no contents). Save the file. Copy to SD card with firmware you want to install and then power on the aircraft. ONLY USE THIS IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG