Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 FW Update v01.11.01.50.

Bryan:
my concern is if not update will go to work and AC wont work or if I do I will have to many restrictions,
Usually go by if not broken don't fixed

I usually operate by that tenet, but I also worry that if there is an incident or even a casual complaint and I get a ramp-check by the FAA the first question they're going to ask is... what firmware version is on the airframe? But you didn't check the "firmware up-to-date" box on your pre-flight... (revocation of waiver/COA) Or even better ... But you checked the "firmware up-to-date" on your pre-flight checklist? OOOPS. Falsifying a log... that's a wallet-draining event, right there, if not worse. DJI has me between a rock and hard place.

I'm considering just dropping DJI altogether. I can always use this ugly ***** instead:

x8_vtail.jpg

Reactions: Bryan Conover
Good afternoon. About firmware update v01.11.01.50.
In my application dji go said that there were new updates for the remote controller and the drone. For now I just updated the remote with this version 1.7.80 . Aircraft Version: 1.10.01.40+ . Am I required to update the drone with the new update? Can I fly safely with the remote control with the new update and the drone with the old version? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 20107997_10154681025846190_351632289_o.jpg
    20107997_10154681025846190_351632289_o.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 15
I'm new to the Inspire but have been in the hobby over 20 years. I have never owned a product which truthfully isn't mine. If in fact the NFZ update will keep me grounded within 5 miles of an airport then I might as well sell my equipment. I downloaded an app that shows me where I can fly and I would have to travel to get my fix. Why not limit how high we can go only? Seriously the only time I saw a plane within 500 ft was sept 11th. I do have plans on opening a business but to practice for now driving a half hour is ridiculous.

So FYI. If you download the ac update: YOU WILL BE FORSED TO UPGRADE THE CONTROLLER and AT LEAST DOWNLOAD THE NEW APP FIRMWARE ON ONE DEVICE, sign out and sign in! IF YOU DONT YOUR LIMITED TO 30 feet or about! I signed out of the older app and could not sign back in until new app was downloaded . However I did not upgrade the app on my iPad Pro and after upgrading on iPhone and signing in, the drone went beyond 30 ft connected to iPad. Not sure if others are finding the same?BOTTOM LINE STAY ON LAST UPGRADE

Reactions: André Eduardo
Take it to the top of the tallest building and heave that pig over. Sorry I know that doesn't help but that's how I was feeling after about the 90th try. Call tech support and good luck with them. My last experience with them for the same issue your having they shut down phone support for twitter days. I was able to chat with them but the conversation went like this
Me: full explanation
DJI: 10 min later hi my name is Lori how can I help you
Me: copy paste explanation
DJI: 10 min later ( what OS are you using)
Me: Mac
DJI: 10-15 min later - did you watch video on how to upgrade firmware
Me: yes please read explanation
Me: 20 min later hello
Hello
Hello hello
H
E
L
L
O
1:30 hours staring at a screen taking nothing but baby steps and I finally just ended the chat with a good old FU
$3000 paperweight and I couldn't get help. I called multiple times everyday for a week until I gave up, boxed it and shipped it in
Install failed now my I1 just beep loud camera goes to rutine but no rear ligth on blue green etc help

Thanks should know better on upgrades, and to get worse i did update my contrlller just to see if works, shiipped Cali?

So FYI. If you download the ac update: YOU WILL BE FORSED TO UPGRADE THE CONTROLLER and AT LEAST DOWNLOAD THE NEW APP FIRMWARE ON ONE DEVICE, sign out and sign in! IF YOU DONT YOUR LIMITED TO 30 feet or about! I signed out of the older app and could not sign back in until new app was downloaded . However I did not upgrade the app on my iPad Pro and after upgrading on iPhone and signing in, the drone went beyond 30 ft connected to iPad. Not sure if others are finding the same?BOTTOM LINE STAY ON LAST UPGRADE
to late buddy got srweeiddd

Good news went all the way updated Rc and now bird is alive,lost all my settings, honest never have seen heard a weird update. did the AC till dadada changed after turn on bird was loud bip no blue,ed green ligth on back till did a rc update with wifi on go app now Im good to go tomorrow.

Did you update the remote controler and the aircraft? Or just updated the remote controler? I already updated the remote controler but I do not know if I can fly like this without updating the aircraft.Can i fly with a new RC update and with old aircraft update version?

updated the Aircraft first (Always) then the controller, once the controlled updated reboot and that went my beep went off an have the green light on back

Well, I still have not updated the aircraft .. I've updated the remote control first .. Is there a problem? Anyway I'll ask again .. Is there a problem with not updating the aircraft? Can I just update the remote control? Or must both be up to date?

Reactions: marg2
Updated all and works 'ok' so far on my 2+ year old Inspire 1... o_O

Two hops today draining two TB47's in the process... no new issues noted... ;)

Last edited:
We are a Public Safety Agency with a COA. I am required by the written rule to ensure my firmwares are up to date each time I fly.

Unfortunately, this latest firmware is a debacle. The first step that showed up was the controller (I did it in the order shown on the DJI GO APP). I have been online with Tech Support for the past hour trying to figure out how to get the AC upgraded to the latest firmware, because the AC will not take the firmware. This has been a complete PIA.

If I could legally avoid doing the upgrade I would. Especially since this firmware is going to make it harder for me to fly missions with my Class B, D, and G airspace COAs. I also just asked for a Class E waiver with a height up to 2000 feet since we can not as COA launch 400 feet above a building. :( That is for another message though.

Flew a grass fire yesterday with no problems. I have a major commercial fire today that I am being asked to fly, but low and behold stuck with the update progress. The DJI rep wants me to reformat my microSD card not with Quick Format but the old slow FAT32. OMG this is slow.

Okay. Reformat as a FAT32 if card is up to 32GB if it is 32GB or larger use exFAT.

It turns out that the logical firmware under the Inspire 1 drop down is not the correct firmware. Drop the list down and select the model camera you have. Use that firmware instead. WOW!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez