Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone unhappy with their I1 wanting to buy a P3 needs funds to do so. I will buy your I1 for 1500 shipped in excellent condition of course one remote systems or I'll pay 1800 for the two remote system shipped. This will give you the needed cash to purchase the P3, and another Battery or two. I am serious if you want out I will buy yours. I only need one so let me know. BTW I also purchased a P3 it's a good backup to the I1 but in no why is it anywhere near the machine the I1 is IMHO of course.

Last edited:
I will pay 1900$

Let the bidding wars begin

One other note, The Inspire will go twice as fast in forward flight than the P3

Hahahahahahahah you all deserve what you get! The writing has been on the wall since the launch of the inspire. Wake up DJI is a bunch of goons as seen during the P3 release. No class, melodrama about nothing new.

Reactions: skylabimaging
Lol whats with all the hate? A few insecure inspire owners on here or what?
Im not hating on the inspire, i love this machine. Ive outlined my reasons and it comes down soley to the camera & ease of use.
Sure the inspire flys like a ferrari but my needs at present "as pointed out" means I only need something that'll fly like a Prius.

Thank you kindly for your pricing suggestions inregards to "my argument"? ...

As I live in NZ i doubt ill be posting it overseas. Ive listed it on a local bidding website for 4.2-4.6NZ$ with 2 batteries which is roughly what i paid and you get the 2 batteries worth 600$ free.
After 1 hour up I have 9 enquires and 24 watches, so Ive losted it at a fair price and the market will dictate its worth.

Cheers guys Now relax,why the hate...

I'm very impressed with what DJI has managed to pack into the P3 for such a comparatively low price point. The Inspire is in a far different class as far as flight performance--at least when compared to my P2.

No longer worrying about props dipping into forward shots, landing gear showing up during yaw, and the incredible stability in high winds is a good trade off. It's not necessarily $1500 worth of difference, but things change quickly in this burgeoning new industry, and I've found fretting over past money spent is wasted time. I imagine new competitive entries--possibly 3DR's Monday announcement--largely contributed to the P3's price point.

My main question now lies in compatibility between the P3 and Inspire controllers. Since a second Inspire controller is still pegged at $650, buying a P3 for a bit more cash to use occasionally in a Inspire camera operator role seems like a far better decision. Either way, I'm still happy with my purchase. Love the look of the Inspire, the transformation aspect, rock steady flight characteristics, and the future upgradability camera-wise.

.... Also this has nothing to do with money, like dread stated, "worrying about past money spent is wasting time". 100% correct.

Heres 2 main examples what tipped my descision.

1) I carried my inspire case(which was a mission without backpack straps) for 49 minutes to a waterfall. I then launch from my case, got my shots then had to try to land my inspire on a rocky uneven surface. Very lucky not to dig in the blades on the angle.
I could have got the same shots wirh the p3 and caught it comfortable. The backpack would have been good on thr carry too.

2) i drove past a guy doing a giant wall mural and i wanted a couple of shots. But the thought of putting the inspire together then disembling it put me off. Even though its a fast process, again with the P3 i would have got the same quality of shot straight out of the case.

So the P3 will fit my needs.

I work for a building and construction company in the UK. One of our subcontractors recently purchased the phantom 2 V3 and it's great product, pperfect for our application of building surveys and fault finding with roofs leaks etc. However I felt the Inspire 1 looks more the part and considering we wish to charge for a service, I feel customers would be more confident if we showed up with an inspire on site than a phantom (despite them both being capable)

Anyway, I've been following the forums since DJI's launch of the phantom 3 and I'm still inclined to purchase the Inspire1, just eagerly waiting for news of an update or price drop before committing to buy. Have spoken woth DJI support and they have confirmed a firmware update this month but no set date. I wonder if this will be to fix bugs or perhaps enable additional features that were demonstrated by the Phantom 3?

Either way, I have a friend in Vegas for NAB and I'm hoping he will get me any info from there too!

Lastly, as a potential buyer from the UK are there any forum members who own one in and around London area? I'd love to see one and what it can do!

Thanks

Reactions: Jason Mezinko
P3 is just a P2 with a different camera. I1 is a much better bird

My opinion... they are different birds aimed at slightly different markets...
GM sells Caddys and Chevys... both will get you there... one tends to have more bells and whistles to play with while you get there...
;)

I don't yet own a quad. I've been reading up and doing research.

I was very tempted to take a plunge on a p2 vision+ with the recent dji "spring price" *spring only in the north side of the planet! But felt the P2v+ was a bit backyard gaffa tape with the extra video sender box and stuff. Wondered if just the Gopro mount p2 would fit. But the FPV would make the device more fun to use I suspect. The p2v+ Seemed to be a rush catchup job. To plug a hole in the after market. Not a proper product. Most people were adding stuff to make them "capable" anyway reading forums.

As a result. I kept coming back to the inspire1. Sure it's a "lot" more money. But it was complete.

The other day. I had my answer. For me. A beginner. I'll start with a P3. It will do all I want. And more. And is complete. Fpv. Decent app. Full camera control. For me it's the beginners i1. That step change in technology. . (How many videos of the park do I actually need to upload to YouTube) and then in a year or two move onto a next generation device. I suspect the truth will be ill move on to home made/built up systems. I'm in it for the hobby. Not to earn money/work commercially

So. A question. Honestly. Those with an i1 who are not commercial videographers. Or doing a job that is critical and need the safety 4k might bring with cropping capability.

Do you bother to shoot in 4k if you go out for a "fly around?" Sure it looks great when you edit it. But on YouTube. Do you really have time to deal with 4k for all content. And have you ever flown in 1080p and regretted it if you were playing at the park or beach or. Playing.

I did some 4k Gopro playing around stuff early on when I got 4k Gopro. But didn't see the benefit for play content and went back to 1080p 60fps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always shoot the best quality my camera allows for, so I'm sure I'll never regret not to should an opportunity happen.
I however trim all clips to only keep things that I might really used one day, so from maybe 80GB of I1 footage I'll keep like 10.

But then I've got 4K monitors/TVs so really do benefit of the 4K, and fast PCs so editing doesn't take more time or feel less convenient.

As for the question of 4K or 1080P, I have found that I sometimes shoot in 4K, but mostly do 1080P. For me it comes down to space and time. 4K is such a memory hog. There are very few places that you can even see 4K right now. That being said, I know 4K will catch up. It took many years for 1080P to become the standard. Knowing that I have the option to use 4K is awesome. And I can really see the difference when I watch 4K on my 32" 4K monitor.

I bought a 64GB card when I bought my I1 and knowing how much 4K chews up, it will come in handy. But with using mostly 1080P, I don't fill the card up very quickly and don't have to worry about unloading the card after every flight.

I'm holding off on buying a 4K TV for this same reason as there is not much content YET, but it will come.

I wouldn't have bought a 4k TV if it wasn't also going to be my main computer monitor I.e. Daily use and the 4k being actually useful.

Note that 4k i1 footage "only" takes twice the space, it's not a matter of filling a 64gb card each flight.

I wouldn't have bought a 4k TV if it wasn't also going to be my main computer monitor I.e. Daily use and the 4k being actually useful.

Note that 4k i1 footage "only" takes twice the space, it's not a matter of filling a 64gb card each flight.

Two things to think about:

1. Shooting in 4k is an excellent way to future proof.
2. You can easily down res 4k to 1080p. Trying the reverse... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6