Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 new propulsion system with 420KV motors and new prop mounting/locking mechanism

Reaction score
Apparently Inspire 1 is now being offered with a new propulsion and prop mounting /locking mechanism. The new motors are now sporting 70KV more than the current version. Wandering if this a useful upgrade just for the 1 Pro owners due to higher weight of the X5, if it's retrofittable to the standard I1 and if this is really not affecting real life battery performance as stated in the announcement. 181122eijmj66uuoptzijo.jpg DJI Forum|Inspire 1 Product Change Notice

Last edited:
I have big jello problems, problems with smooth movement and odd expo settings behaviour like reducing max speed to as less as 10 m/s under certain conditions using the new esc firmware which was made for this new motors BUT is included in 1.05 fw for all. Since rollback is of course NOT working like advertised I have big problems now. Maybe if I buy the new motors it will fly normal again?

Am I correct in understanding that all new Inspire 1 purchased are to have these motors as standard?

New owners get better motors than previous Inspire owners!!! A joke I am sure you will agree. Way to go DJI.

Am I correct in understanding that all new Inspire 1 purchased are to have these motors as standard?

New owners get better motors than previous Inspire owners!!! A joke I am sure you will agree. Way to go DJI.
Imagine how happy I was this morning, I just received my I1 a few weeks ago....

Yet another acknowledgement of how much DJI give a sh!t about owners of the I1. You can word it how you want, you've replaced the motors and prop mechanism due to issues and the added weight of new gimbal setups... For owner such as myself with a bird less than 3 months old this is a kick in the teeth.

The next question is how do I get the upgrade WITHOUT sending my I1 away for an eternity?!

This company needs to get its **** together. I get an email this morning which doesn't tell me if I can retrofit these and when you click on the "learn more" link it takes you to standard Inspire page. They delay things, announce stuff when it's not ready or even made yet. Still waiting for my Osmo handle.

Reactions: Fidel Gonzales
DJI should do the decent thing and either send existing Inspire 1 owners kits to replace the motors and associated parts.

Or allow existing owners to purchase the upgraded parts at a VERY low price.

DJI has left a sour taste in my mouth and I am not so sure they will be seeing my custom in the future after this ridiculous announcement.

Also, considering that fact that I got mine back from DJI after it was repaired only two weeks ago, you would have though they would have installed these new upgrades for free.

NOT HAPPY!

Reactions: ylisnyak
I wouldn't get too excited or upset just yet.
DJI have posted nothing about these new motors.
KV rating on its own is meaningless - It is simply a constant defined as RPM per volt (under no load)
There are too many other variable that have not been quoted to say this is nothing more than marketing (and a new prop fastening system!)

The 'new' system will still be using the same packs and therefore the cell count and current will be the same as well as the length and chord of the props.

You cannot get something for nothing........................... It's called Physics!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a problem with DJI constantly updating the Inspire. This sort of product iteration is completely normal and I for one don't feel I'm "owed" anything. To put it in perspective, if you purchased a 2014 Ford Mustang, as an example, only to find the 2015 model comes out with 10 more horsepower and LED headlights, do you expect Ford to upgrade your 2014 Mustang for free? Do you complain that Ford doesn't give a crap about its customers? Or how about computer manufacturers? Would you expect Intel to send you a free new CPU every time they bump up the speed?

Some time ago we all purchased an Inspire 1 and got exactly that, a current Inspire 1 at that time. Just because DJI is now updating some components doesn't mean we're entitled to those new updates for free.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a problem with DJI constantly updating the Inspire. This sort of product iteration is completely normal and I for one don't feel I'm "owed" anything. To put it in perspective, if you purchased a 2014 Ford Mustang, as an example, only to find the 2015 model comes out with 10 more horsepower and LED headlights, do you expect Ford to upgrade your 2014 Mustang for free? Do you complain that Ford doesn't give a crap about its customers? Or how about computer manufacturers? Would you expect Intel to send you a free new CPU every time they bump up the speed?

Some time ago we all purchased an Inspire 1 and got exactly that, a current Inspire 1 at that time. Just because DJI is now updating some components doesn't mean we're entitled to those new updates for free.
+1

I wouldn't get too excited or upset just yet.
DJI have posted nothing about these new motors.
KV rating on its own is meaningless - It is simply a constant defined as RPM per volt (under no load)
There are too many other variable that have not been quoted to say this is nothing more than marketing (and a new prop fastening system!)

The 'new' system will still be using the same packs and therefore the cell count and current will be the same as well as the length and chord of the props.

You cannot get something for nothing........................... It's called Physics!

agree completely. 350Kv versus 410Kv motor in itself does not mean much. For folks familiar with brushless motors, using r/c cars as an example, all else being equal, a 350Kv motor would spin at a lower RPM, but with greater torque, while a 410Kv motor will spin at a higher RPM, but with lower torque. They can both be producing the same power output. In an r/c car, both motors could give you similar performance as you would just gear your motor pinions based on what you want out of the car, speed or torque. In heli/quad speak, you can just change the prop's pitch angle to achieve the same result using different motors, albeit with different efficiency and controlability.

But, what does concerns me, is that with Inspire V2 out, DJI now has 2 versions of the Inspire, each with its very own motor/ESC combination, meaning each version will probably have its own firmware to manage them. Going forward, will DJI upgrade the firmware for Inspire V1 just as actively as the latest Inspire V2?

Will the Inspire V1's firmware fall behind as a result?

Reactions: The Editor
I agree that DJI improving their products constantly is a good thing, as a matter of fact, it is great. Early adopters always pay a price to have something early. Think Tesla, Apple, Smartwatches. Chances are you get something then shortly after they come out with something new. Why is DJI getting the complaints from owners while others are getting praises? Nay sayers are being ridiculous here.

Very well said Signa. Some folks here on the forums like talking smack for the sake of talking smack.

The Inspire has been out for almost a year now. Do you expect it to not have any upgrades or fixes in a year or manufacturing? especially how fast the quad market is moving right now? if you just got it well thats your problem not DJI. they dont cater to the individual who held out buying their gear for a year in the hopes he might someday so they wont fix anything along the way lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters