Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 new propulsion system with 420KV motors and new prop mounting/locking mechanism

I don't care about all these "updates".My Inspire flies well and I'm happy.What I don't like is the speed reduction awhile ago.Still trying to find out wich firmware has the old speed.
I stopped updating my app and firmware 2 months ago and I have no intention to update anything anymore.Bur for sure I will look to other brands next time.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a problem with DJI constantly updating the Inspire. This sort of product iteration is completely normal and I for one don't feel I'm "owed" anything. To put it in perspective, if you purchased a 2014 Ford Mustang, as an example, only to find the 2015 model comes out with 10 more horsepower and LED headlights, do you expect Ford to upgrade your 2014 Mustang for free? Do you complain that Ford doesn't give a crap about its customers? Or how about computer manufacturers? Would you expect Intel to send you a free new CPU every time they bump up the speed?

Some time ago we all purchased an Inspire 1 and got exactly that, a current Inspire 1 at that time. Just because DJI is now updating some components doesn't mean we're entitled to those new updates for free.
Great examples here!

When i found out about the osmo or the new motors i didnt spend all day moaning about DJI, i thought wow, more great stuff to buy :) if the motors do turn out to be more powerful then they may also reduce battery life so that'll be something else for a lot of people on this forum to moan and groan about.

I don't care about all these "updates".My Inspire flies well and I'm happy.What I don't like is the speed reduction awhile ago.Still trying to find out wich firmware has the old speed.
I stopped updating my app and firmware 2 months ago and I have no intention to update anything anymore.Bur for sure I will look to other brands next time.
I flew mine in atti mode a few days ago with latest fw the exact same speed i flew 6 mo ago.

I wouldn't get too excited or upset just yet.
DJI have posted nothing about these new motors.
KV rating on its own is meaningless - It is simply a constant defined as RPM per volt (under no load)
There are too many other variable that have not been quoted to say this is nothing more than marketing (and a new prop fastening system!)

The 'new' system will still be using the same packs and therefore the cell count and current will be the same as well as the length and chord of the props.

You cannot get something for nothing........................... It's called Physics!

and the V2 is 200.00 more......I am happy with my bird ,but hoping that we will be able to install the new blade locks

Great examples here!

When i found out about the osmo or the new motors i didnt spend all day moaning about DJI, i thought wow, more great stuff to buy :) if the motors do turn out to be more powerful then they may also reduce battery life so that'll be something else for a lot of people on this forum to moan and groan about.
Greg stop Moaning about people Moaning.... :p

I flew mine in atti mode a few days ago with latest fw the exact same speed i flew 6 mo ago.
3 months ago GPS mode was 23 m/p sec and is now 17 m/p sec.ATTI would give me with no problem 28 m/p sec.Have tested this with latest FW upgrade and now reaching hardly 24 m/p sec in ATTI.This is all tested with different windspeeds.
I'm not the only one with this.
Under normal circumstances it's ok but I really miss it when following races and other fast objects.

Am I correct in understanding that all new Inspire 1 purchased are to have these motors as standard?

New owners get better motors than previous Inspire owners!!! A joke I am sure you will agree. Way to go DJI.

Get over it! Do you know any company that feels obligated to upgrade past buyers? They must be allowed to improve the product. We need insiders to let us know what's coming so we can elect not to buy current model and wait for the new model.

Reactions: Fdnyfish
Am I correct in understanding that all new Inspire 1 purchased are to have these motors as standard?

New owners get better motors than previous Inspire owners!!! A joke I am sure you will agree. Way to go DJI.

So you believe that new owners should get worse motors than previous inspire owners?

Apparently Inspire 1 is now being offered with a new propulsion and prop mounting /locking mechanism. The new motors are now sporting 70KV more than the current version. Wandering if this a useful upgrade just for the 1 Pro owners due to higher weight of the X5, if it's retrofittable to the standard I1 and if this is really not affecting real life battery performance as stated in the announcement. View attachment 4393 DJI Forum|Inspire 1 Product Change Notice

It was a very nice improvement! Nice to see this company incorporates production improvements to their design.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a problem with DJI constantly updating the Inspire. This sort of product iteration is completely normal and I for one don't feel I'm "owed" anything. To put it in perspective, if you purchased a 2014 Ford Mustang, as an example, only to find the 2015 model comes out with 10 more horsepower and LED headlights, do you expect Ford to upgrade your 2014 Mustang for free? Do you complain that Ford doesn't give a crap about its customers? Or how about computer manufacturers? Would you expect Intel to send you a free new CPU every time they bump up the speed?

Some time ago we all purchased an Inspire 1 and got exactly that, a current Inspire 1 at that time. Just because DJI is now updating some components doesn't mean we're entitled to those new updates for free.
Excellent perspective. The higher end technology arena is an expensive "sport". Apple is another good example of technology/marketing upgrades with the cell phones, iPads, etc. However, Apple does have sort of a trade-in path on some products or there is always the ebay or craigslist approach to sell and purchase the newer technology. Provided that the central guts of the I1 stay the same, the DJI dealers should be able to handle the motor upgrades, much as we have done with the P1 & 2s. Warranty, of course, is always an issue but warranties do eventually fate away. No perfect solutions when we are "playing" in these technology games.

Reactions: Scotflieger
3 months ago GPS mode was 23 m/p sec and is now 17 m/p sec.ATTI would give me with no problem 28 m/p sec.Have tested this with latest FW upgrade and now reaching hardly 24 m/p sec in ATTI.This is all tested with different windspeeds.
I'm not the only one with this.
Under normal circumstances it's ok but I really miss it when following races and other fast objects.

Same observation here.. Have been trying to get it back with various settings but no luck, Inspire is quite a bit slower than it used to be...

Sorry you guys with a continual moan, I joined this forum to exchange sensible views and helpful info. Could we all act like grownups?

Hey moaners. Don't forget that we all bought our Inspires because they were the best at the time.

DJI have to continued to innovate, giving us new features through firmware updates.

In fact, they even did a retrofit for free when the new locks and blades came out.

Sometimes it is impractical to retrofit improvements. Either from a cost point of view (remember that they leave the factory with a certain margin to make a profit and to provide funding for the new features that you all yearn for), or technically. Would you lose your warrantee if you had badly installed something like a motor and crashed?

Im also eager to find out if DJI will offer these to us older I1 users too. Will be keeping an eye on things. I actually contacted DJI about it but they were very vague about it and said nothing basically.

I just wrote to dji and the new propulsion system will be released at the end of the month, and the new quick release system will also be available for purchase. Though they could´t tell the exact pricing yet.

Reactions: atomic80
Seems to me my Inspire I1 x5 I received 3 weeks ago has the new motors on it? I know those prop locks they show are on my current rig....

Is your Inspire version 6101410 or 6101510? You will find this number under the battery.

Good point Signa and well written. Products improve. That's how big companies make money. Don't they call is "planned obsolecence?" You may not need the new I1 now, but when the I2, 3 or 4, or whatever comes out, there might enough additional new features to warrant an upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips