Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 new propulsion system with 420KV motors and new prop mounting/locking mechanism

I just wrote to dji and the new propulsion system will be released at the end of the month, and the new quick release system will also be available for purchase. Though they could´t tell the exact pricing yet.

That's great news! Thanks for the updates! Did they happen to mention whether we could perform the updates ourselves or if we'd have to send our Inspire 1 in?

I really, really like the new quck locks....I'm looking forward to having those on BOTH of my inspires!!!

Kirk

What is it you like about them?

I watched this video (
) and it looks like the exact same style they have now. It still uses the aluminum spring/cam/thingymajig...I'm guessing that component will wear just like the previous qr system.

I used the prop lock system which was fine, nothing wrong with it. I currently use the v1.0 qr system which has performed well, never given me doubts. Just wondering what's up with these.

Has anyone thought the reason for dialing back the speed on the Inspire's is to accommodate for the new motors & the various configs?

For example if the old inspire achieved 30m/s with an X3 &. a 4500mah. This would represent the fastest config. So now comes V2, new motors, props, heavier camera, etc. so now things aren't as simple. A V1 Inspire with an X5 & 4500mah battery would only fly for 10mins. & ~15m/s...unacceptable! However, a V1 with upgraded motors, a 4500mah battery, & a X3 could achieve 35 m/s with the old firmware, this exceeds gov't restrictions, unacceptable as well. So you could say the original Inspire owner's get the short stick because DJI throttled back the max speed in order to maintain a flat performance across all the various model they currently have available.

Wormwood

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a problem with DJI constantly updating the Inspire. This sort of product iteration is completely normal and I for one don't feel I'm "owed" anything. To put it in perspective, if you purchased a 2014 Ford Mustang, as an example, only to find the 2015 model comes out with 10 more horsepower and LED headlights, do you expect Ford to upgrade your 2014 Mustang for free? Do you complain that Ford doesn't give a crap about its customers? Or how about computer manufacturers? Would you expect Intel to send you a free new CPU every time they bump up the speed?

Some time ago we all purchased an Inspire 1 and got exactly that, a current Inspire 1 at that time. Just because DJI is now updating some components doesn't mean we're entitled to those new updates for free.
Totally agree

nice lock... but after 400 flight i still love my Rimtai Aluminum hub.... :)

yes it does... i have stock hub as well they work flawlessly... no one like to send back to warrenty... because it feel like took forever for return n send.. so i would like to prevent it front it happen.... i nid this machine everyday... so without it will be super hard for me... athough i have backup drone...

I agree that updates and continual improvement is what should be expected from the drone industry. It will get better and better and that is a good thing. In a lot of cases it may make more sense to rent instead of buy so you can have the latest updates but not be sinking a lot of cash in something that is out dated in 6 months. Checkout
Edit: Link removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that updates and continual improvement is what should be expected from the drone industry. It will get better and better and that is a good thing. In a lot of cases it may make more sense to rent instead of buy so you can have the latest updates but not be sinking a lot of cash in something that is out dated in 6 months. Checkout
Link removed
Since you work for them I would say this constitutes an advert.
If you would like to advertise on the forum please contact site admin.

If you would rather not become an approved vendor I can delete your post.

Has anyone thought the reason for dialing back the speed on the Inspire's is to accommodate for the new motors & the various configs?

For example if the old inspire achieved 30m/s with an X3 &. a 4500mah. This would represent the fastest config. So now comes V2, new motors, props, heavier camera, etc. so now things aren't as simple. A V1 Inspire with an X5 & 4500mah battery would only fly for 10mins. & ~15m/s...unacceptable! However, a V1 with upgraded motors, a 4500mah battery, & a X3 could achieve 35 m/s with the old firmware, this exceeds gov't restrictions, unacceptable as well. So you could say the original Inspire owner's get the short stick because DJI throttled back the max speed in order to maintain a flat performance across all the various model they currently have available.

Wormwood
Lost of speed for what!
Makes sense tho

install the 1360T new lock and props replace with Rimtai !!!

i would say this 1360T from DJI work more better.... after few days of test flight ... noticeable sound differences if compare . and the props will almost last forever. Rimtai is good but .... still noticeable wear after 50+ of flight... but can't really tell from the look but u will feel it become loosen abit while u attach the 1360S .. but worth the month though ... but anyway ... i feel no regret after change to 1360T
12743845_10154331861494578_8461636148091599795_n.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac