Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Photography Jobs

Reaction score
Has anyone been contracted yet to use their Inspire as an actual tool to make money?

Are we even allowed to do this in the US (yet; I'm aware of the pending FAA Certificates)

If so;
How much would you charge for photos? How much would you charge for Videos?
  • 10$ a Photo?
  • 30$ per video?
  • Just a set rate to come out and use a full battery?
  • How much as a baseline minimum charge?
Can anyone recommend any rates? Is this kind of service legal to do yet?

Right now the FAA has banned all commercial applications for UAV's until they release the new set of rules this October. Right now as it stands should you get caught using the drone to make money you could recieve a fine of 10k or more. I'd highly recommend waiting until the new rulings by the FAA and then going through any certifications they require.

I have been flying indoors at a stadium near me for over a year now. Always used my phantom but I used the inspire for the last job. I stay for 2 hours and hand the guy his own SD card on my way out the door. $200 for two hours. I have done this quite a few times.

Right now the FAA has banned all commercial applications for UAV's until they release the new set of rules this October. Right now as it stands should you get caught using the drone to make money you could recieve a fine of 10k or more. I'd highly recommend waiting until the new rulings by the FAA and then going through any certifications they require.

I've made money with mine flying for commercial businesses. There is no way they can catch you unless someone turns you in!

So how did you get your name out? Do you recommend just knocking on their door basically? Or should I email or?

So how did you get your name out? Do you recommend just knocking on their door basically? Or should I email or?

Friends of friends and word of mouth. It really wasn't that hard. Its not a full time by any means but could easily be if the correct rules were passed

You won't get anywhere charging $10 here or $30 dollars there. Remember how much you paid for this thing!?!? If you are into shooting real estate, do a few free vids for an agent that you know. Once you have the demos (and permission to use them) you can start sending them on to new possible clients.

You won't get anywhere charging $10 here or $30 dollars there. Remember how much you paid for this thing!?!? If you are into shooting real estate, do a few free vids for an agent that you know. Once you have the demos (and permission to use them) you can start sending them on to new possible clients.
This is a good tactic. I did several videos for free just to get my name out. That only lasted one month. I have enough people calling me now to keep the trend rolling. You'll be surprised once people see the videos and start asking around. My first three jobs ever were just because random companies saw my videos and messaged me.

So what you're saying, is basically get a few videos done for a Real estate co. for free, and then send them to other companies as a resume? Then charge from there?

Around 150- 300$ a video

This is a good tactic. I did several videos for free just to get my name out. That only lasted one month. I have enough people calling me now to keep the trend rolling. You'll be surprised once people see the videos and start asking around. My first three jobs ever were just because random companies saw my videos and messaged me.
Where did you post the videos? How did they just discover you??

Welcome to Amerika! The land of the free! :confused:

There was time in this country when if anyone--government or otherwise--would have tried to step in and stop a fella from earning an honest living, that guy would have died from acute lead poisoning. ;)

Reactions: Kilrah
Welcome to Amerika! The land of the free! :confused:
.... that guy would have died from acute lead poisoning. ;)
LOL

As for where I posted my vids, I actually had friends sharing my videos that they were in. Calls came from their bosses and co-workers. I may have just gotten lucky.

I charge $1,500 for a 3 minute video and $520 for a framed photo print (60 x 40cm). These days I'm pulling about $1,000 a week on average which is not enough to go full time but it sure lessens the guilt factor when I buy new goodies to go with my kit!!
Jesus, where are you located? Are you just using an Inspire and or Phantom?

Yes. You still have to be good at what you do.... Creative, offer some sort of artsy edge. Keep in mind that pretty much everyone in these forums are your direct competition! If you are going to shoot real estate, it might be a good idea to buy some liability insurance... just in case.

I charge $1,500 for a 3 minute video and $520 for a framed photo print (60 x 40cm). These days I'm pulling about $1,000 a week on average which is not enough to go full time but it sure lessens the guilt factor when I buy new goodies to go with my kit!!
Is that U.S. Dollars? It must be corporate...

My photo shoots are between $150.00 and $200.00 I give the client edited finished photos in full Res. that they choose to do whatever with. If I am doing a film shoot that will lead to a commercial of sorts, then I charge based on the amount of film time (I am also a full-time cinematographer and film editor) so I am putting together full commercials with interview portions, B-roll shots, aerials, etc...!!! This video/films/commercials are much more expensive!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry