Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 pro becoming obsolete

Reaction score
Website
www.photoimagerie.com
Sadly, I believe the I1P V2 is becoming obsolete. I recently had a small accent requiring a DJI repair, maybe a motor replacement. I was told by the official DJI repair facility in Canada that it was becoming hard to get I1P parts. So sad, it’s a great machine and has served me well since 2016, it does all I need (improved camera would be great but not necessary). I was contemplating the I 2 but a bit reluctant to spend $8K Cdn (with batteries etc) for something that will be obsolete in 2 yrs. not sure if unofficial third party repair places deliver a safe drone, a bit reluctant to go down that path. Any thoughts?

I hear ya. I still like my Inspire 1, v2 and use it a couple times a month. Between my partner and I we have 3 of them. We ROI'd them a long, long time ago, but I still like the bird and she does well for some gigs. The dual-operator mode insures she won't be retired for a while. It's a good, rock-solid platform. Hard to let that go.

D

Plenty of spares on Ebay and even this forum. As the jump for many would not be the I2 but the Matrice. DJI may stop. But I can see the aftermarket keeping it going. No native thermal for the I2 has many keeping their I1's in the air. As an 210 RTK set is many multiples of what buying a few spare I1's would cost.

As for aftermarket repair. Authorized repair centers would still be able to service. And many have parts in stock. So at least a few more years we should all be okay. Not sure about Canada. But Carolina Dronz is a great service center. Ask Canadian youtubers who they use as local resources.

Was in the software industry for many years and it was always a bummer to get a package refined and rolling out to the users only to have the computer companies switch out the operating system and features. Never could keep up with the tech changes. DJI is likely no different. I fly an I2 as my main ship and have an I1 as my backup. The bummer is that the I1 does a very good job, but it is simply short on the flight apps that I am now used to. I agree with Taco, there will likely be a lot of service options from 3rd parties. My warranties are long gone, and I carry only liability insurance. If my I1 was dependent on required firmware updates I would be more concerned. The message is if you can find a good I1 cheap, buy it. I am more worried about the inability to replace the camera(s).

I’m very tempted to buy another I1pro v2 but they are still selling at the same price as a couple of years ago. But still tempted.

Prices have dropped significantly later and an x5R is not that expensive now. Bought a 2 controller set, 4 batteries,

512 gb , x5r for $1600 Can, or about $1000 USD.... cant beat that

Reactions: D_blint
That's a very good price in my opinion Bob, if you scan the prices for new I1P, not so many available but for example B&H has an I1P with no camera $1.759K. Some complete kits are available in Canada new but in the $4.5K bracket. Fly carefully, you've got a steal.

I understand there are some new 3rd party gimbals for the Inspire 1 where you could mount a light mirroeless camera. Anyone know anything in that regard?

All the major suppliers in the UK are saying the Inspire 1 1345T Quick-Release Propeller (Spare Part NO 69) pairs - are no-longer available from DJI.

It seems they have sold off all the ones they made and they do not intend to start production of these props again.

So if you damage your props, give your drone and all the kit to an aviation museum.

Has anyone got any solutions for this problem?

Last edited:
All the major suppliers in the UK are saying the Inspire 1 1345T Quick-Release Propeller (Spare Part NO 69) pairs - are no-longer available from DJI.

It seems they have sold off all the ones they made and they do not intend to start production of these props again.

So if you damage your props, give your drone and all the kit to an aviation museum.

Ebay has lots still available cheap. I would say stock up on a few sets. And many retail sellers still have them as well. Plenty of places besides DJI to buy them.

Now you may have to ship from the US, as I do not frequent Ebay or Amazon across the pond. So am not familiar with availability there. In the US I can have one hundred sets delivered within two days. If I wanted them. I currently have 21 extra sets. And should last well passed the life of the drones i currently own.

I actually cannot find any Inspire 1 1345T Quick-Release (part 69) online anymore. Found two sellers for $150-180 per set. Is there any way to "revert back" to the self tightening props on the v2? I only have two sets. Kinda sucks as I just bought my v2.

I actually cannot find any Inspire 1 1345T Quick-Release (part 69) online anymore. Found two sellers for $150-180 per set. Is there any way to "revert back" to the self tightening props on the v2? I only have two sets. Kinda sucks as I just bought my v2.

Ebay right this minute. I just searched.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190706-105941_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190706-105941_eBay.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: D_blint
I must have really butchered my search because I'm seeing them everywhere now. Haha. Thanks for the help!!

Was in the software industry for many years and it was always a bummer to get a package refined and rolling out to the users only to have the computer companies switch out the operating system and features. Never could keep up with the tech changes. DJI is likely no different. I fly an I2 as my main ship and have an I1 as my backup. The bummer is that the I1 does a very good job, but it is simply short on the flight apps that I am now used to. I agree with Taco, there will likely be a lot of service options from 3rd parties. My warranties are long gone, and I carry only liability insurance. If my I1 was dependent on required firmware updates I would be more concerned. The message is if you can find a good I1 cheap, buy it. I am more worried about the inability to replace the camera(s).

The cure: Find a working combination of iOS, AC Firmware, RC Firmware and software (app), and lock 'em down.

Inspire 1 sweet spot:

INSPIRE-1, GEN 2

App: v3.1.1
App database: v00.00.01.04
Aircraft: v1.8.1.00
Remote: v1.6
X3 Camera: v1.8.1
X5 Camera: v1.11.1.50

Be sure to include the 32 channel hack. To manage your iPads, you need legacy iTunes 12.5.4.42.

So far the above combination has worked with all iOS versions 9 to present. The exception is that Legacy iTunes no longer works for the latest iOS. For any iOS past 12.1.xx, I use iMazing, which works well and allows me to regain control of my Gen 3 iPad. I can install legacy apps. AND I can modify the .configs files within those apps.

I do the same for my P4P and my Mavic Pro.

It's a real song and dance. I honestly don't see how anybody can operate any DJI drone without intimate knowledge of their firmware and software. Unless you know how to make your iPad do what you want it to do, and make your drone do what you want it to do, DJI AND Apple make you a slave to their policies, tests, logins, restrictions, and any manner of money-crushing inconveniences.

I just spent literally 3 days figuring out how to make my Gen 3 iPad do what the phuck *I* wanted it to do. Apple HATES relinquishing control of their products to the customer - and DJI is digging their dirty claws in deeper and deeper all the time. Well they can all suck my a**, as my iPads and DJI drones do exactly what *I* want them to do. No bugs. No restrictions. No new "features." Just blissful flying.

D

Carbon maybe even folding props, not cheap but very much worth it

I plan on keeping my inspire 1 but i do not have any extra 1345T part 69 props just the originals I purchased from dji a few years back. Probably a bad move on my part not getting an extra set back then. They are in short supply contacted a few sites that claimed they were in stock to find out they were not. I found 1 pair on eBay for $29.00 so I grabbed them just in case. I'm just not ready to put out $150.00 plus for XOAR carbons.

I plan on keeping my inspire 1 but i do not have any extra 1345T part 69 props just the originals I purchased from dji a few years back. Probably a bad move on my part not getting an extra set back then. They are in short supply contacted a few sites that claimed they were in stock to find out they were not. I found 1 pair on eBay for $29.00 so I grabbed them just in case. I'm just not ready to put out $150.00 plus for XOAR carbons.

Dji website has them for 15. If you wanted to stock up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop