Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro (not so pro?)

What are you on about?
I have CAA permission for commercial operation using the Inspire in the UK. Last time I checked, the United Kingdom was part of Europe (although a lot of times I wish it wasn't - but that's a different discussion).
If you are referring to the slated EASA diatribe then I will not hold my breath for implementation within the proposed guidelines or timeframes. The egos of Europe will all want to score points against each other and they will all have to throw their toys out of their prams a few times before they agree on anything. Then of course there isn't really any such thing as European law in any case (although the idiots in Brussels like to throw their weight around) so any change in law would need to be adopted and taken up by each member state and ratified into its own legal system.
I shall continue to fly my Inspire commercially in populated areas under the permissions granted to me by the Civil Aviation Authority within the Air Navigation Order (which IS law within the United Kingdom).
may I ask if your liscence is also valid in other parts of the world or europe or only "good" for UK. do you think me as one living in hungary being german nationality would be able to do a permit?

may I ask if your liscence is also valid in other parts of the world or europe or only "good" for UK. do you think me as one living in hungary being german nationality would be able to do a permit?
Hi,
No, CAA permissions are only valid in the United Kingdom since the CAA have no powers outside of their own jurisdiction.
I can freely operate commercially anywhere within the UK (as long as I stay within my authorised permissions) but I would have no legal authorisation to operate outside of my permitted boundaries.

do you think me as one living in hungary being german nationality would be able to do a permit?

As far as I know in Hungary (as well as Czech, Slovakia and Romania) its totally forbidden to use any video drone - you need a special government permit for each fly.

However obviousely no one cares and as long as staying away from cities and masses of people and of course airports, military I dont expect you will get any trouble. Only IF something happens then of course its bad because everyone can claim you flew illegaly.

Reactions: Christian Onyando
I wonder why there is lots of ego-wars here. Few years ago, i made money from a dji f550 with no gimbal, then i made alot more from a phantom 2 and h3 3d. Then I built a 960 size hexa for my 5d3. Now i still use the P2 for alot of my paid work. And the clients are happy. The I1 pro is a professional rig. It might not be at the same level as a giant X8 quad flying an alexa on a ronin. But it still is a pro gadget. Someone selling I1's services to the masses that would accept its quality would make much more money than someone waiting to sell the super pro quality to the few hollywood grade productions.

Meanwhile, im flying a phantom 3 somewhere in the deserts of Nothern Kenya and making some good money while at it.

Reactions: hellochriscole
I wonder why there is lots of ego-wars here. Few years ago, i made money from a dji f550 with no gimbal, then i made alot more from a phantom 2 and h3 3d. Then I built a 960 size hexa for my 5d3. Now i still use the P2 for alot of my paid work. And the clients are happy. The I1 pro is a professional rig. It might not be at the same level as a giant X8 quad flying an alexa on a ronin. But it still is a pro gadget. Someone selling I1's services to the masses that would accept its quality would make much more money than someone waiting to sell the super pro quality to the few hollywood grade productions.

Meanwhile, im flying a phantom 3 somewhere in the deserts of Nothern Kenya and making some good money while at it.
I would hardly call any device with nanny software that limits its usability as professional but it is capable of some decent video.

Reactions: Busch
Very nice, I watched this on an iMac retina with the 4K YouTube resolution. I've read all the complaints about video quality, but it sure looks good. Looks good on my Apple Cinema display as well. I presume this is with the standard Inspire camera.I imagine that the primary purpose of the video would have it viewed on a monitor. Clearly it works well for online video.

I could see you operating the quad from the yacht. It appears that the yacht was between you and the quad on a couple of occasions. Any problems with video drop out? Thanks for sharing.

cool,thanks very much. nomproblem with drop outs. I love the camera for water stuff (that doesnt have too much detail like leaves or grass.)

I should have hid better, I hate getting in my own shots. I actually broke a few props" landing". the captain was supposed to stop so i could land. he didnt, and i had to land on the moving bow at 12-15 mph. i was running out of battery as he rounded the corner and the wind was coming up.
super skethy, i had to get it hovering above the bow, and dump the throttle. i was just glad to get it in the boat, it had some serious angle just to stay above the boat

As far as I know in Hungary (as well as Czech, Slovakia and Romania) its totally forbidden to use any video drone - you need a special government permit for each fly.

However obviousely no one cares and as long as staying away from cities and masses of people and of course airports, military I dont expect you will get any trouble. Only IF something happens then of course its bad because everyone can claim you flew illegaly.
fortunatly the polititia d here are still working on something. there is a rule but no law yet from the hungarian faa(sorry don't know the official term for it).
it says that when you want to get your shot /recording into TV then you have to get a permit 30 days before your take off and you are only allowed to take off then and there for that day or period of time. when you stream into youtube or for a festival you are mostly on private ground and therefore you need only the permission of the owner it belongs to. so flying around is no problem as long as you stay out of downtown where you need / might need more likley a permit like for eg. a flyover the parlament building which has been done several times. but when you just go up to the citadela (hungaria statue) it is not likely someone will get you for it. law and rules are very very two sided and can be interpreted this or that way... nothing is clear. i would be happy if i could do a test or licence where i am accepted everywhere. if i would have to fly in the UK for any reason (ok fortunatly i know you guys and would ask if someone could come and fly and what the expense would be but on my own i would officially not be able to fly legaly which is a pain.

The CAA in the UK will certainly endorse the use of an Inspire aircraft with the new x5 camera. The existing Inspire 1 can currently be used in Congested areas, with the CAA Commercial Operators license, because it falls within the small <7kg class. In fact the CAA have proposals to reduce the existing 50m rule for UAV aircraft in the <7kg classification. It is anticipated the revised CAA regulations will be introduced in the new year. Until then the 50m rule must be followed to the letter.

Reactions: IrishSights
The CAA in the UK will certainly endorse the use of an Inspire aircraft with the new x5 camera. The existing Inspire 1 can currently be used in Congested areas, with the CAA Commercial Operators license, because it falls within the small <7kg class. In fact the CAA have proposals to reduce the existing 50m rule for UAV aircraft in the <7kg classification. It is anticipated the revised CAA regulations will be introduced in the new year. Until then the 50m rule must be followed to the letter.
Correct - in fact providing the MTOM stated in your ops manual is not exceeded you do not even have to notify them of anything or make amendments or addendum.

Reactions: IrishSights
Just out of curiosity what is the actual weight of the x5 - any one know yet ?

Hey Christian, I'm actually about to take my Inspire to the deserts of Northern Kenya (Marsabit area). Leaving next week, just saw you had been there too. How was it? What area did you fly in? Any wisdom to pass on? Thanks!

Hey Christian, I'm actually about to take my Inspire to the deserts of Northern Kenya (Marsabit area). Leaving next week, just saw you had been there too. How was it? What area did you fly in? Any wisdom to pass on? Thanks!

Hi,
Welcome to Kenya. Its a beautiful country. First, the trickiest part might be getting your drone into the country through JKIA Nairobi. The folks there are not very friendly with drones but tou can always talk your way in.
Once you are in, avoid flying in urban areas but fly as much as tou want in places like Marsabit. I have never been to Marsabit but I have done Turkana area and Mandera area. Kind of the same kind of setup. Remote, dry and everyone will be friendly curious to see how you do it. Incase you need any advice, you can also reach me on +245720234705.

Christian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez