Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 RC not updating - Instructions on how to reset RC

well i contacted dji and replied over night.... asking for details and will be sending in the RC soon. seems like a fried usb port.

I lost the will to read that one when I got to "In Germany". However, if you alter the fixed antennas on a 2.4/5.8 transmitting device you have modified the equipment to work outside of its design parameters AS WELL as breaking the law in using that device.
DJI are domiciled in China so good luck trying a case!

ad modification) Yes DJI put some notes in the manual that modification may result in not beeing allowed to use it - thats correct but has nothing to do with warranty

Also as far as I have seen here the RC "mod" alone does not change any parameters it just brings the connections outside.

ad) domiciled in China. Yes but that doesnt matter as any EU citizen (not know sure for USA) can sue at the court at his home. DJI actively promotes to and sells to these countries therefore place of court is the home of the customer. It would only be in China if you find a chinese site which is not intended to sell to your country but as you could manage to find it you luckily can order.

Better though would have been not to buy from DJI directly but from a local dealer as its of course much faster to sue him then sue DJI.

If its really worth in this case for USD 140,- each one must decide for himself but image the whole Inspire crashes and warranty is refused because you did a little modification to the plane which has nothing to do with the failure. Then this information is important.

Thank you for your legal interpretation. After those loquacious posts can we now get back on topic? :rolleyes:

Someone please tell me why I bother?????........

For those who still receive an "Upgrade Required" warning.After restarting the RC you might get the "Upgrade Required" message, if so apply this patch file.http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/C1_FW_V01.02.0021.bin

How should it work to install this old file?

As far as I know after resetting you still cannot use older firmware then it had before so you need to install 1.04.0030 or 1.05.0034 but not 1.02.............

Trying to install 1.02 will not work unless you never had installed newer firmware before.

Thanks for posting this procedure. I bricked my controller doing the latest update through the iOS app. I found this thread, executed the procedure as directed, and everything is working properly now.

Thanks again!

There is another way to get your RC updated with a USB pen-drive.
I have placed a RC reset file on one of my websites, this will restore your RC to factory condition.

The instructions are:
1. First download this RC reset patch file, put it on a USB pen-drive and update the RC with it.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/gs_ofdm.bin

2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.

3. Restart the RC and then start the newly installed DJI GO App.

4. When you see the Red Message bar at the top of the App that states NO SIGNAL, swipe down from the message and see the "Upgrade Required" message in the overall status page.
Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.

For those who still receive an "Upgrade Required" warning.
After restarting the RC you might get the "Upgrade Required" message, if so apply this patch file.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/C1_FW_V01.02.0021.bin

Hey Aviator, do you think would work for the latest debacle of no signal after the last RC FW upgrade ?

Hey Aviator, do you think would work for the latest debacle of no signal after the last RC FW upgrade ?
The RC can now only be updated via the GO app. I hear people have been experiencing problems but it seems these are all Android users. I had no problems using the iOS app. It worked first time on both controls and with no loss of signal or functionality.

The RC can now only be updated via the GO app. I hear people have been experiencing problems but it seems these are all Android users. I had no problems using the iOS app. It worked first time on both controls and with no loss of signal or functionality.
Mine is iOS. Updated fine and everything works except no signal for photos or video even though I can take photos and videos and even control the gimbal with my finger on the screen. Its mad !

Hey guys!

Great to join ur community! It's sad to start conversation in this thread, but well, **** happens.

So I've got Inspire 1 Pro with stock RC plus additional RC as slave.

So far I've got the same issue with bricking the slave RC.
I've got 2 RC: GL658C as main(works well), and GL658B as second(bricked).

Short symptoms:
1. RC doesn't bind to copter. (e.g. changing landing gear position from RC give no effect on copter)
2. Android app gives no response from RC, e.g. changing master-slave mode in Android app give no effect.
3. I can change master-slave mode through iOS app.
4. I've tried to boot latest firmware from official site via USB-port on RC. log files always the same - like "firmware the same or has older version"
5. C1+C2+Rec+ISO reboot doesn't work - gives short red blink and beep, then solid red. Main RC meantime rebooted well that way.

I'm in touch with DJI EU support. They sent me the same gs_ofdm.bin
and manual - https://dji.zendesk.com/attachments...f+Inspire+1+Remote+Controller+(V1.2.0.....pdf

Earlier I've tried that way(many thanks, Aviator!), RC got the file and rebooted well, but then nothing changed. Will try to act according DJI instruction.

Will keep you posted. =)

Have tried to update my RC to the latest firmware1.05 now the RC has just got a white light and four other lights for the battery I have tried everything on here but it will not come out of this mode, can someone help please.
the inspire 1 updated with no problem but the controller got as far as 99% then failed and since then nothing but this white light and there is no connection in the app.
I updated the remote using the go app and even if I remove the app and start again from scratch and try to re-download the update after 5 seconds it says that it has failed.
can anyone advise.

Ray, I'm in exactly the same boat - I have exactly the same problem after the attempt to update to 1.5.70. I'd appreciate someone posting a solution. I don't think downgrading to 1.3 is possible - but I will try it as a 'nothing to lose'.

Hi Ewan,

I found what is stopping the update, its the remote controller that is not updating but that is because of the way you update, let me explain.
on your Tab or whatever you use for the DJI Go app look in the settings for USB Debugging and switch it on it will be either on your app or on you pad, then update over the internet from your pad and it should work.
All the best

Ray

Hi Ray - thanks for the suggestion. I'll check if I have USB Debugging off. I think configured it that way on advice it was a cause of video stuttering on Android devices. I'll let you know how I get on.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hi Ray!
Just wanted to say thanks and the usb debug did the trick for me! Had tried to update the RC via DJIGO and it got to 99%. On the \phone with support. They were ready to RMA the unit. I came across this and tried it one last time and it took the update! I am a happy camper now! See I just got the pro in yesterday but wanted to make sure that everything was up to date! Thanks again!

Hi
Glad everything is working for you, so can you spread the word out their please as there must be plenty out there that have got a bricked RC because of this.
As for my inspire she is as fantastic in the air as on the ground and for once in my life I can truly say "what a bird" and a fantastic camera to boot.
All the best and happy safe flying.
Ray Floyd

Hello all, sorry to say it's not working for me.

Yesterday I received my new Inspire 1 Pro, updated the aircraft and X5 with this new firmware, and installed the latest GO app (2.4.3) on my android S5. Then the RC updated through the app from the internet and the trouble started.

It shows version 1.5.70 and the LED is green, but it won't connect to the aircraft and I can't change the firmware. I've tried installing various versions through USB thumb drives formatted many times but the RC does not react to any bin file from USB. I've set USB debugging on the phone, removed and installed the GO app many times, but no luck. The app fails at updating the firmware (it's supposed the have the latest version already).

It can't connect it to the Inspire and there is no option to set it as master or slave; that option has disappeared from the app. I'm beginning to think the RC is faulty.

What else can I try?

Hello all, sorry to say it's not working for me.

Yesterday I received my new Inspire 1 Pro, updated the aircraft and X5 with this new firmware, and installed the latest GO app (2.4.3) on my android S5. Then the RC updated through the app from the internet and the trouble started.

It shows version 1.5.70 and the LED is green, but it won't connect to the aircraft and I can't change the firmware. I've tried installing various versions through USB thumb drives formatted many times but the RC does not react to any bin file from USB. I've set USB debugging on the phone, removed and installed the GO app many times, but no luck. The app fails at updating the firmware (it's supposed the have the latest version already).

It can't connect it to the Inspire and there is no option to set it as master or slave; that option has disappeared from the app. I'm beginning to think the RC is faulty.

What else can I try?

What version did you download from the DJI website? Newest firmware on the site is 1.3.0.60 for the AC. I made the mistake of downloading the one for the Inspire 1 and not the pro so it did not update the AC what so ever. I think I have read that the RC will not connect to the AC if the versions do not match.

What version did you download from the DJI website? Newest firmware on the site is 1.3.0.60 for the AC. I made the mistake of downloading the one for the Inspire 1 and not the pro so it did not update the AC what so ever. I think I have read that the RC will not connect to the AC if the versions do not match.
Thanks for the tip, I downloaded WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60.zip which should update all that is required.

I have been suggested to try on iOS and I will as soon as possible, but if it's am Android issue someone else must have it too... To recap:
View media item 251 RC and smartphone software seems OK
View media item 254 But not connecting to Inspire 1
View media item 252 Selection of master or slave has disappeared in the app
View media item 253 "Linking remote controllers" option has no effect

LED on RC is light green-blue, won't retrieve any firmware I plug into it.

I tried many things that worked for others, with no success. Is switching to iOS the only solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44