Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 RC not updating - Instructions on how to reset RC

SOLVED!

I tried to update the RC firmware unplugging and plugging back in the USB cable between the smartphone and the RC again, but this time I did it repeatedly without stopping until the LED finally turned red and the RC went back to normal.

SOLVED!

I tried to update the RC firmware unplugging and plugging back in the USB cable between the smartphone and the RC again, but this time I did it repeatedly without stopping until the LED finally turned red and the RC went back to normal.

I am glad you got it working. I know I will be a lot more careful on future updates. The I1 is a dream to fly! We just got ours last week and have been out flying it to get acquainted with the features. I work for an electric utility company and we are doing a pilot program to see how it performs taking video for line inspections, right of ways, towers, water tanks, and in the near future using the FLIR camera for heat level signatures of transformers in our main substations. Our electrical engineers are drooling at the mouth to start testing that! Safe flying!

SOLVED!

Harry, I have a new Slave controller that is also "teal" color and stuck there. What do you mean exactly by "did it repeatedly without stopping until the LED finally turned red" What "DID" you actually do??? Thanks in advance!!!

Harry, I have a new Slave controller that is also "teal" color and stuck there. What do you mean exactly by "did it repeatedly without stopping until the LED finally turned red" What "DID" you actually do??? Thanks in advance!!!
I interrupted the update by unplugging the USB cable, plugging it back in, repeating until the LED turned red, leaving the teal "limbo" state. But mine was the main unit, not a slave.

Hi Guys,

I'm heading to the Philippines tomorrow morning and am stuck with a major issue. My Inspire firmware is updated to the latest version, but the RC is still on version 1.2 something.

The DJI Go app tells me I need to upgrade the RC to version 1.3.00 but whenever I insert the USB stick with the firmware, nothing happens. NOTHING happens. Status light is solid RED. No update occurs.

I tried formatting the USB in FAT 32, tried all sorts of things, nothing works.

Any idea how to get this working?

Thanks

Patrice

I've made an update 2 days ago through the GO app. FW was (still) on the SD in the camera, pushed the button to update RC and worked like charm. I had no USB stick connected to the RC, just my iPad.

Chris

Here is what I had to do today to update my 658B RC that had firmware version 1.2.XXX

1. First download this RC reset patch file, put it on a USB drive and update the RC with it by inserting USB into RC and then powering up.

http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/gs_ofdm.bin

Turn off the RC after getting green LED.

2. Delete file above from USB drive. Download only the 1.03.00.00 firmware available for the Inspire (I tried other 1.03.xx.xx versions available for the I1P and they did not work), put it on a USB drive and update the RC with it by inserting USB into RC and then powering up.

3. Then power up the RC, connect the ipad/android device and open DJI Go App, then upgrade to latest firmware through the Go App.

Reactions: Krokant
evening, first time poster here.

Ive got an rc that bricked. Ive had a few issues over the last few days with not getting the firmware to update from USB.

I took it back to factory using the gs_ofdm, then tried the next up rev from dji site, and nothing took.

tried so many stick etc and not a thing.

re installed the app on the galaxy 3 tab, and it started to all move forward.

Upadte required, downloaded it via the app, i then installed it......it got to 99% and then failed.

the 4 leds (one blue) that showed during the update whilst beeping is now stuck.

tried everything apart from a bucket of water to get it out of this bricked, update locked mid state.

doing my head in - help would be much appreciated.

there is nothing you can do ,been there ...it has to go back to DJI

Well after probably 5-6 hrs trying various methods found online I decided to try and pad2 I had access to. I added the app and fired it up, it asked trust permission and I hit ok, the bricked RC was no longer bricked.

I downloaded the firmware direct to an SD card and placed in the RC via an adaptor, after the SD adapter started to flash as if something was moving it took the update and went back to green led in about 30 secs.
Bird started flashing and linking. Thank feck. ..... bed was now calling.

No video via the galaxy 2 and ipad 2 too big so tried the galaxy s6 phone and all worked. 2 test flights today and all is good.

Happy man.

Well after probably 5-6 hrs trying various methods found online I decided to try and pad2 I had access to. I added the app and fired it up, it asked trust permission and I hit ok, the bricked RC was no longer bricked.

I downloaded the firmware direct to an SD card and placed in the RC via an adaptor, after the SD adapter started to flash as if something was moving it took the update and went back to green led in about 30 secs.
Bird started flashing and linking. Thank feck. ..... bed was now calling.

No video via the galaxy 2 and ipad 2 too big so tried the galaxy s6 phone and all worked. 2 test flights today and all is good.

Happy man.
Scott, Glad to hear....
Do you have debugging turned on your Galaxy? Since it worked on the IPAD, I suspect it was off. If not then it is a bug, I believe with the Android S/W. The other thing is to plug and unplug until it starts the upgrade. Hopefully with the next update DJI will fix it.

Reactions: Scott Wallace
Seen this before about android, if it stops at 99% unplug the USB cable and plug it back in and it should complete. Otherwise just use iOS, definitely an Android bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is another way to get your RC updated with a USB pen-drive.
I have placed a RC reset file on one of my websites, this will restore your RC to factory condition.

The instructions are:
1. First download this RC reset patch file, put it on a USB pen-drive and update the RC with it.

2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.

3. Restart the RC and then start the newly installed DJI GO App.

4. When you see the Red Message bar at the top of the App that states NO SIGNAL, swipe down from the message and see the "Upgrade Required" message in the overall status page.
Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.

For those who still receive an "Upgrade Required" warning.
After restarting the RC you might get the "Upgrade Required" message, if so apply this patch file.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/C1_FW_V01.02.0021.bin

Somehow I got a bin file for the phantom and reset my inspire controller to be a phantom controller? is there a way to reverse that?

Somehow I got a bin file for the phantom and reset my inspire controller to be a phantom controller? is there a way to reverse that?

Echoing your experience here - my slave remote, which used to work fine, is also showing up only as a Phantom 4 aircraft. I've tried multiple cables and also different devices (and iPad Mini and my iPhone 6s). It's reporting the current 1.6 firmware, but once I connect over USB - it locks to the Phantom as the only option.

I have tried changing the working Master and changed it to slave (so it de-pairs from the AC), do a hardware pairing on the RC (C1+C2+MR, Wheel) and it will go into "search mode". I've pressed the red sync button on the AC, but it won't pair. I presume it's looking for a Phantom Signal.

Any luck? I've been going at this for a few hours and found your post on a search.

Here is what I had to do today to update my 658B RC that had firmware version 1.2.XXX

1. First download this RC reset patch file, put it on a USB drive and update the RC with it by inserting USB into RC and then powering up.

2. Delete file above from USB drive. Download only the 1.03.00.00 firmware available for the Inspire (I tried other 1.03.xx.xx versions available for the I1P and they did not work), put it on a USB drive and update the RC with it by inserting USB into RC and then powering up.

3. Then power up the RC, connect the ipad/android device and open DJI Go App, then upgrade to latest firmware through the Go App.
Weymouth RC reset patch no longer available at above listed link. Does anyone else have it or another solution?

I have a brand new Inspire 1 v.1 that has yet to be flown and am having trouble updating the firmware on the remote control, which indicates: “Current Remote Controller not Support DJI GO Firmware v.1.3.0.00 by using USB at http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download/.”I went to the download link and downloaded Firmware v.1.3.0.00 go an EXFAT formatted USB drive (I have tried two separate USB drives with no success, actually) and when I turn on the RC after inserting the USB thumb drive, the RC light never turns blue no matter how long I wait. The RC remains at v.1.2.1.0+. The Aircraft did seem to update to v.1.9.1.30 and the camera to v.1.8.1.00. The App is 2.8.4. I later tried connecting the remote directly to the MacBookPro via the mini-HDMI to UBS cable and the computer that I have the downloaded firmware on — and the computer does not recognize the RC. I also tried to update the RC by connecting it to the camera via the mini-HDMI to UBS cable — yet, this did not work either. I also tried to upgrade the RC to v.1.9.1.30, but this did not work either. The RC now indicates “Disconnected” on the DJI GO APP and sometimes the DJI GO APP will not indicate Firmware settings in its General Settings or indicate the need for the RC Firmware Update in the Aircraft Status window. On one occasion I received an “Aborted” .txt file on the USB thumb drive, but no .txt messages since then (and I have tried to connect a USB thumb drive a dozen or so times). I have spent 6 or 7 hours troubleshooting, reading DJI Firmware Instruction and FAQs, and reading Inspire 1 users groups on top of trying many work-arounds. I am close to returning my brand-new DJI Inspire 1 due to frustration as updating firmware should be easy to do. This was a gift for my son’s, who is an excellent drone pilot, birthday — now it is all frustration vs. father/son flying fun.

Same problem as above, went back to the store and had it replaced the controllers USB was buggered.

These files have now been removed from the server as the website is being relocated.
I am new to the group and it looks like I need to do the RC reset...is there somewhere I can find the files that have been relocated? Thanks very much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla