Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 RC not updating - Instructions on how to reset RC

New to the inspire and here! Great resource. New Inspire. Biut miffed the manufacture date was MAY but there you go. Everything worked fine out of the box but all firmware needed updating. I did the AC with 1.4 and it did it great no problem. Tried to do the RC and with 1.3 and it just sat there. The AC is also flashing yellow so its lost the bind. RC wont bind guessing because the firmware on RC is not 1.3. I did read the instructions and have done everything to the letter BUT. What is the statement on the top of the DJI downloads page about? What does this mean.

"The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0.10 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.0.00 to update the firmware to v1.3.0.00 before updating the aircraft."

Reactions: turbodronepilot
New to the inspire and here! Great resource. New Inspire. Biut miffed the manufacture date was MAY but there you go. Everything worked fine out of the box but all firmware needed updating. I did the AC with 1.4 and it did it great no problem. Tried to do the RC and with 1.3 and it just sat there. The AC is also flashing yellow so its lost the bind. RC wont bind guessing because the firmware on RC is not 1.3. I did read the instructions and have done everything to the letter BUT. What is the statement on the top of the DJI downloads page about? What does this mean.

"The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0.10 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.0.00 to update the firmware to v1.3.0.00 before updating the aircraft."
Hi Droider, welcome to the forum. It means exactly what it says. For Inspire 1s not updated to FW 1.3.0.0 previously, users need to do so before updating to FW 1.4.0.10 to ensure that the RC updates and works correctly. This is because DJI failed to include the RC element in the latest version. Users are suffering as a result. What you need to do is follow the RC update pinned thread at the top of the Help sub-forum to get yours working.

Great thread and thank Aviator for posting this. Just a note on it. the patch worked but the update via the iPad did not work. I just got message saying use flash drive/USB. when I looked at the firmware version on the RC it was really old. Like 1.2.017+. I then found the ticket in the box saying the machine was made in May 2015. I was expecting something made later that! Anyhow I copied the 1.2.1.06 on a USB stick and after a heart stopping 30 secs or so the update started. After that was confirmed on the iPad I then did the same with 1.3. That worked and when I powered the AC up it was paired with the RC and everything is looking good. I also did the same with the Slave RC and that worked. Now Ill go have a good read and wight the whole process up in my AC commissioning doc.
Again thanks to Aviator for the fix. Thought I was going to have to do the 400 mile round trip up to Heliguy!

Reactions: Antonio Pedro
There is another way to get your RC updated with a USB pen-drive.
I have placed a RC reset file on one of my websites, this will restore your RC to factory condition.

The instructions are:
1. First download this RC reset patch file, put it on a USB pen-drive and update the RC with it.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/gs_ofdm.bin

2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.

3. Restart the RC and then start the newly installed DJI GO App.

4. When you see the Red Message bar at the top of the App that states NO SIGNAL, swipe down from the message and see the "Upgrade Required" message in the overall status page.
Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.

For those who still receive an "Upgrade Required" warning.
After restarting the RC you might get the "Upgrade Required" message, if so apply this patch file.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/C1_FW_V01.02.0021.bin

EDIT:

Changed the cable and its now updating the firmware through the ipad after I used the reset file one more time. Thank god! :)

Cheers! ;-)

Hi all.

Well it seems while I was rushing and tired I upgraded the firmware to 1.4.... Not sure how but it is the only thing I can think I have done. Problem is it now just stays with the red light on. I have tried everything suggested in the original post without success. When trying point 4 it only shows how to connect your aircraft. I can not get into camera view. So any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

John

Last edited:
EDIT:

Changed the cable and its now updating the firmware through the ipad after I used the reset file one more time. Thank god! :)

Cheers! ;-)

Hi all.

Well it seems while I was rushing and tired I upgraded the firmware to 1.4.... Not sure how but it is the only thing I can think I have done. Problem is it now just stays with the red light on. I have tried everything suggested in the original post without success. When trying point 4 it only shows how to connect your aircraft. I can not get into camera view. So any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

John

There is no v1.4 for the RC. The most up to date public release is v1.3.0.00 - Only the ac updates to v1.4.0.10

Have you tried rebinding the aircraft to the RC as described in the user manual?

Aviators,

I tried the patch file... It doesnt seems to work on mine... Downloaded the bin file into a few pen drive... Plugged into the rc but rc stays red all the time. Seems like rc doesnt take anything plug on the usb. Is there any other way i can do this?

P/s: when connect to an android hp, its charge up the hp though.

Aviators,

I tried the patch file... It doesnt seems to work on mine... Downloaded the bin file into a few pen drive... Plugged into the rc but rc stays red all the time. Seems like rc doesnt take anything plug on the usb. Is there any other way i can do this?

Sounds like your usb port is fried...
When you plug in your tablet it should ask to allows usb debugging when activated .if not its your port..
I had a bad port and could charge the tablet ,but the port wouldn't transfer data..
call dji and see what they say...
I sent mine in it took three weeks and costed 140.00 usd to repair. It wasn't under warranty because I moded my rc..
good luck. ..
turbo. ...

Aviators,

You can try and update your rc by hooking your rc up to your camera ..

You can try and update your rc by hooking your rc up to your camera ..

Yeahh i tried that with the AC power up. Its just give a me a constant beep sound... Similar with if u connect the camera to a laptop. I try chck the sd card if it have a txt file... It only say similar fw for the AC.

im suspecting the usb issue.

Thnks for your quick reply.

I sent mine in it took three weeks and costed 140.00 usd to repair. It wasn't under warranty because I moded my rc..

Is there anywhere written that you are not allowed mods where you are also supposed to see and read it? There are no seals you can break are there?

Even it would be written I still would consider this unvalid if its sure the problem has nothing to do with your mod.

If your getting a text message from your rc your port is probably working ..
try and load 1.3 to your rc..
it may take several attempts and cards and readers to get it to respond. ..
Yeahh i tried that with the AC power up. Its just give a me a constant beep sound... Similar with if u connect the camera to a laptop. I try chck the sd card if it have a txt file... It only say similar fw for the AC.

im suspecting the usb issue.

Thnks for your quick reply.[

Is there anywhere written that you are not allowed mods where you are also supposed to see and read it? There are no seals you can break are there?

Even it would be written I still would consider this unvalid if its sure the problem has nothing to do with your mod.
Yes I believe the manual states that any modification will void the warranty. .
I wasn't too happy they didnt warranty it but I'm glad it works properly now...
I had an issue with the osd that was fixed with the new usb port. .

Yes I believe the manual states that any modification will void the warranty. .. .

You should check if such a statement is valid in your country - the chinese try always but its likely that its nulled. Imagine a car manufacturer telling this then you buy some unapproved rims and then the motor fails you think there is no warranty?

I feel you but I'm over it..
I've had an issue with them before over shipping and they won't budge ..
if we want their products we have to put up with their business practices. .
just the way it is...
You should check if such a statement is valid in your country - the chinese try always but its likely that its nulled. Imagine a car manufacturer telling this then you buy some unapproved rims and then the motor fails you think there is no warranty?

In virtually all countries, modification of a fixed antenna 2.4ghz transmitting device will not only void the warranty but also render the device illegal since the EIRP has been changed which renders the equipments certification null and void.

In virtually all countries, modification of a fixed antenna 2.4ghz transmitting device will not only void the warranty but also render the device illegal since the EIRP has been changed which renders the equipments certification null and void.

The warranty of a product has nothing to do if its allowed to use a product in a specific country. Even if it would only be allowed to export it somewhere that still doesnt give the manufacturer the right to void warranty unless he can prove that the modification caused the failure which created the warranty case.

In Germany: Warranty conditions that warranty is void if the customer modifies the goods are null and a violation against § 309 Nr. 8b aa, 1. Var. BGB § 309 BGB Klauselverbote ohne Wertungsmöglichkeit - dejure.org

I want to go a little deeper into it:

Also the use of other porpellers or mounting plates does not void warranty unless DJI can prove that this caused the failure. So simply it the alloy plates melt in the sunlight :p there will be no warranty but if the compass fails and it flies away and crashes into a car warranty and DJI liability is not void only because you didnt use DJI propellers.

Metting legal requirements as example HP posted this: "Using refilled print cartridges alone does not affect either the warranty or any maintenance contract purchased from HP for its HP Inkjet printers. However, if an HP Inkjet printer fails or is damaged because you used a modified or refilled HP Inkjet print cartridge, the repair will not be covered under the warranty or by the maintenance contract. Damage resulting from the modification or refilling of HP cartridges is specifically excluded from coverage in HP printer warranties."

This wording is specifically designed to comply with the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act which was passed by the US Congress in 1975. The Act does not allow warranty exclusion based purely on the use of third-party consumables.

Similar laws are applicable in USA and all EU countries though there still can be differences somewhere. However its always good to know the laws of his jurisdiction so I would recommend everyone to research the laws of his country - especially as in this case it really makes sense.

In most countries real warranty restrictions are not allowed at all. In some US States some restrictions are allowed. However if somewhere any restrictions are allowed there are additional laws forcing this to be written in CAPITAL LETTERS to be valid. Ever wondered why as example Sony has so many of the small printed texts written in capital letters? Well its not only that you can hardly read it :D . Of course DJI did not write anything in capital letters on their warranty pages...................

I wonder why everyone knows negative laws which only apply restrictions and bring no advantage at all but no one takes care of the laws which actually bring some good news to life.

Last edited:
I came across this item by chance....DJI HDMI Output Module for Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced .... DJI CP.PT.000241

wonder if this is the same as the dji inspire controller usb hub? mine seems to be fried so can I replace this?

I lost the will to read that one when I got to "In Germany". However, if you alter the fixed antennas on a 2.4/5.8 transmitting device you have modified the equipment to work outside of its design parameters AS WELL as breaking the law in using that device.
DJI are domiciled in China so good luck trying a case!

@turbodronepilot I blame you for this one (post 29) and mentioning you modified your remote.:p See what you've started.

This was a good thread about updating/resetting a remote control.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela