Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 remote controller battery problems

Reaction score
The remote will NOT power up after doing the usual short then long press of the power button. However it functions perfectly when the A/C lead is plugged into it, any suggestions would be great.

BTW I bought this from a seller on eBay in April 2016 and have had little help from them. Seller stated the unit was new and was under warranty but who do I approach to do the repairs for me etc.?

The remote will NOT power up after doing the usual short then long press of the power button. However it functions perfectly when the A/C lead is plugged into it, any suggestions would be great.

BTW I bought this from a seller on eBay in April 2016 and have had little help from them. Seller stated the unit was new and was under warranty but who do I approach to do the repairs for me etc.?
Plug the charger into the remote, switch it on (charger not remote) and leave it for a couple of hours.
It should eventually start charging - I have had a few do this.

If that doesn't work you will need to replace the 2s 6,000mah lipo internally.

Reactions: Kevin Robertson
I have been hit by the same problem with exactly the same symptoms. It was working perfectly before Xmas and was fully charged after last use. I have now plugged it into the power supply and will wait to see it it starts responding.

I have been hit by the same problem with exactly the same symptoms. It was working perfectly before Xmas and was fully charged after last use. I have now plugged it into the power supply and will wait to see it it starts responding.
Did it work after an hour or so Andrew?

Nothing after several hours.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots
In that case, I think you have a bit of surgery ahead of you.
Take a look at this post which gives you an idea of what's involved.
RC (Transmitter) Battery

Before replacement you could try just unplugging the Molex connector for a few minutes and then reconnect - if that doesn't work it's replacement I'm afraid.

You won't get an OEM pack but the 6,000mah 2s is nothing special. Just source one with the same (or smaller) dimensions.

HobbyKing should have one........ Turnigy Lipoly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah