Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 with one pilot ?

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm having some bad luck with the Phantom 3 PRO... Long story short i'm on My second defect unit.. So i now have two choices..

1. Turn the wheel once again and hope to get lucky and get a working P3Pro

2. Return it, and buy a inspire 1 instead.

Im a photographer by profession and the invesment in the P3Pro was soley for that purpose.

The things that attracts me with the Inspire 1 is better stability in windy conditions, but more importantly better camera movements.

But i will mostly fly solo, is the inspire 1 still better in terms of camera control over the P3Pro ?

Thanx!

With the Inspire 1, you can turn the camera 360 degrees. You also don't have to worry about the landing gear getting in the way. Other than those things, the two are very similar.

With the Inspire 1, you can turn the camera 360 degrees. You also don't have to worry about the landing gear getting in the way. Other than those things, the two are very similar.
Note you can only spin camera 360 degrees with a second controller to control camera gimbal, otherwise with one controller you only have tilt control of the camera and must use AC to pan.

Thank you for the response!

In terms of camera control, can i use the left control wheel to either pan or tilt the camera ? If so can i assign one of the C1/C2 buttons to change that one the fly ?

Also the "locking" camera position feature how does that work ?

I assumed the Inspire 1 will be more stable ? Especiallly in windh conditions ?

Thanx

I'm still pretty new myself, the left wheel only controls tilt and from what I've research that is the only thing you can do with one controller which I found disappointing why you can't put pan on the right wheel or use the C1/C2 to toggle between as you suggested. My conclusion is its DJIs way of making another $600 bucks off of us to buy the second controller.

As far as the other gimbal settings, I've played with very little. Haven't found much use for any of the others besides just leaving it locked forward.

or use the C1/C2 to toggle between as you suggested.
You can totally do that.

If you'll do single op only basically all you'll gain with the I1 is a bit of wind resistance and speed, and you'll lose some flight time.

Thank you for the response!

In terms of camera control, can i use the left control wheel to either pan or tilt the camera ? If so can i assign one of the C1/C2 buttons to change that one the fly ?

Also the "locking" camera position feature how does that work ?

I assumed the Inspire 1 will be more stable ? Especiallly in windh conditions ?

Thanx
Yes you can do this with the C1 button. Works well.

Reactions: inspire909
Kilrah, what am I missing on how to toggle between pan and tilt using C1/C2?

I stand corrected! I just didn't scroll down in the C1/C2 menu far enough! I must go fly now!

Not only that if you press your finger on your device you can move the camera tilt pan anyway you want I use it all the time to get that perfect shot along with the c1 and c2 buttons it makes tilting and panning very easy

So to conform i can actual switch (with one of the C1/C2 buttons) between panning and tilting the camera with the left control wheel ?

Using my finger on the screen sounds nice to!

There is one thing i hold against the Inspire 1, and that is transportation... i mean that no one has come up with good backpack for it..

The P3Pro is so mobile.

Not necessarily (in that when you yaw the aircraft smoothly the image is already perfectly smooth). I don't find camera yaw to be of any use for single op at this point. Might however come in handy in the future once we have semi-auto functions through apps like Autoflight Logic Autopilot.

Ok Thanx! I assume the gimbal panning i a lot smoother then the when you yaw the P3/Inspire 1 ?
Yes, the gimbal will pan smoother than the whole ac imo. But it's real easy to lose orientation flying solo. If you drift with the wind, or use rth, it's easier.

Yes i can imagine that being a big downside when trying to control everything solo..

The yaw on the P3pro is all but smooth,it's no way near a smooth pan from a video head or pan on a the Ronin. Is the Inspire 1 smoother then the P3Pro in this regard ?

Thanx guys! Got it sorted with a new working P3Pro. In the end a inspire isn't mobile enough to and i will need a P3Pro to go with it anyways. Will get a inspire later this fall or in the spring. Thanx!

Last edited:
I have used the Inspire exclusively as a single operator. I have the C1 button set to "Return to Center" (wish it was both yaw AND pitch), and C2 set to toggle the gimbal wheel between yaw and pitch. Works great. I also set the gimbal speed very low so when using the wheel it's nice and smooth. Out-of-the-box, the wheel is pretty abrupt unless you're VERY careful. I'll probably reduce the gain on the aircraft yaw as well, but haven't yet.

mTp

I use the C1 button to set the yaw of the camera to the heading of the drone, and c2 for battery info,
then if I want to adjust yaw in the air I either yaw the craft or use the touch screen on the ipad.

I like to keep drone in a fixed orientation when panning the camera, just incase I need to react quickly,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop