Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 x5 limp gimbal

Reaction score
I recently purchased a inspire 1 with an x5 and x3. When powering on the ac the gimbal attempts to spin for a second then goes limp. There is also no live feed in the dji go app. I have attempted to download the firmware (Inspire 1 Pro Firmware 1.11.1.50) installed on a freshly formatted micro sd (exfat 126 gb sandisk) once attempting to power up the ac to install the update my gimbal attempts to spin for a second then goes limp. I have attempted to download a few different firmwares for the rc in hopes that I would get a live feed from the dji go app with no results. I am unsure of what steps to take next or how I can get this solved.

After everything I have read I believe it to be firmwares incompatible between either rc, aircraft, or app. If anyone has any idea on what steps i should take to solve the issue it would be greatly appreciated. I do not know what version I have installed on the aircraft, my rc is currently on 1.6.0, as for the app I have the most current dji go app and have tried 3.1.1

I recently purchased a inspire 1 with an x5 and x3. When powering on the ac the gimbal attempts to spin for a second then goes limp. There is also no live feed in the dji go app. I have attempted to download the firmware (Inspire 1 Pro Firmware 1.11.1.50) installed on a freshly formatted micro sd (exfat 126 gb sandisk) once attempting to power up the ac to install the update my gimbal attempts to spin for a second then goes limp. I have attempted to download a few different firmwares for the rc in hopes that I would get a live feed from the dji go app with no results. I am unsure of what steps to take next or how I can get this solved.

After everything I have read I believe it to be firmwares incompatible between either rc, aircraft, or app. If anyone has any idea on what steps i should take to solve the issue it would be greatly appreciated. I do not know what version I have installed on the aircraft, my rc is currently on 1.6.0, as for the app I have the most current dji go app and have tried 3.1.1
Brian Fist understands this better than anybody in this forum. Maybe he'll chime in. That said, "firmwares" are covered extensively in this forum, especially by Brian. Even if he doesn't reply to this thread specifically, he covers firmware and the X5 extensively. Use the forum's search engine.

D

If the X3 works just fine and the X5 goes limp then you more than likely have bricked the X5 camera. If that is the case you have to send it into DJI for repair (around $300 cost all said and done). A lot of people have bricked the X5 camera via a firmware upgrade. Doesn't matter if the latest firmware was used, an older firmware, etc. DJI has a bug in the firmware update process for the camera and if you do an upgrade to same v1.11.01.50 on the camera it is a dice roll if it will brick or not.

If the X3 works fine, then you need to make sure you download the proper firmware for the camera. There are version of v1.11.01.50 for the X3 and another for the X5. There is NOT a firmware that handles all cameras at once. Each firmware is for a different camera, regardless of version number.

For your 1.6.0 RC firmware and 3.1.1 app, go find the v1.08.x.x firmware for the aircraft with the X3 camera. That is the BEST firmware for that combination of aircraft/RC/app. There have been many posts about firmware and updates and I do believe a listing or two has a reference to a repository with the older firmware as well. Also, be sure to watch Donnie's video about doing a forced upgrade, since you will need to do that to downgrade to the v1.08.x.x on your aircraft.

Ultimately, rule of thumb is to NEVER update firmware (upgrade or downgrade) with a X5 camera in place. You will almost always brick the X5 camera in the process. Also, you can run ANY firmware with any camera firmware. So if you downgrade to v1.08.x.x on the aircraft with the X3, and if you send the X5 to DJI and get it repaired, you can just plug the X5 into the aircraft and it will work just fine without needing to do any firmware changes.

Lastly, if you go to v1.08.x.x, be sure to ignore any messages in the app about firmware updates. It may bug you to upgrade, just ignore it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions