Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 battery charging

..As for the mods, I'm not comfortable discussing it because I did it in a way that works for me. I'm not 100% sure it will work for everyone..

Re: the mod, presumably the remote charging cable has a diode / something similar inside the connector's housing to prevent power flowing the 'wrong' way through the connector? Might PM you for more info ...

Thanks again :)
David

As for the mod, I'm comfortable enough to tell the truth about this "trick" which may "not 100% work for everyone")

OEM DJI RC charging cable consists of 12 pins, just desolder 4 outside pins (1,2 and 11,12) and you will be just fine perfectly charging your TB50 just by provide +26.1volt to the center 4 pins and - (negative) to pins 3,4 and 9,10.
yes it is that simple)

Reactions: benstineman
As for the mod, I'm comfortable enough to tell the truth about this "trick" which may "not 100% work for everyone")

OEM DJI RC charging cable consists of 12 pins, just desolder 4 outside pins (1,2 and 11,12) and you will be just fine perfectly charging your TB50 just by provide +26.1volt to the center 4 pins and - (negative) to pins 3,4 and 9,10.
yes it is that simple)

Thanks Mit - I kind of figured this out with my Fluke as well as seeing the connectors on one of the aftermarket chargers on Amazon. The TB-50 Controller charging cable is really hard to modify given it's a molded connector. I've heated up the outer pins to melt the soldered buried in the molded back and then extracted like a tooth! It works, but it's painful and ugly!

You referred to an OEM DJI RC cable - is that different? If so, where are you sourcing them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool