Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 collision avoidance

Reaction score
Hey guys, did a job recently where I needed to inspect the side of a building but found that the collision avoidance was more of a hindrance than a positive.

Unfortunately I cannot disable it due to it being part of the critical risk assessment.

Does anyone know of a way to adjust it?
It kept pushing me about 10m from the building. Was expecting 2-3m maximum.

Hey guys, did a job recently where I needed to inspect the side of a building but found that the collision avoidance was more of a hindrance than a positive.

Unfortunately I cannot disable it due to it being part of the critical risk assessment.

Does anyone know of a way to adjust it?
It kept pushing me about 10m from the building. Was expecting 2-3m maximum.
As mentioned there is no adjustment to the distance of operation, only activated or not.
You do not mention which country you are operating in - why can you not disable the avoidance system and still complete the job being compliant within your operating parameters?

Reactions: imaspireFR
Thanks guys, was hoping there was going to be a way to trick it during a recalibration or something sneaky like that.
Operating in Australia and I would gladly disable the avoidance system but it's the client that is coming up with these lovely requirements.
Anyone know if the M210's avoidance system is any better/adjustable or just the same?

Thanks guys, was hoping there was going to be a way to trick it during a recalibration or something sneaky like that.
Operating in Australia and I would gladly disable the avoidance system but it's the client that is coming up with these lovely requirements.
Anyone know if the M210's avoidance system is any better/adjustable or just the same?
Its the same - on or off.
I would suggest to the client that the OA system can be unreliable (which it is) and can be fooled by sunlight and that as you are CASA certified you can control the aircraft manually and you are fully insured in the event of any incident.
It is your desicion as the PIC how to undertake the mission for safety reasons not the clients and you have the final say.

Reactions: lake_flyer
Odd you should mention that. I could swear that the Phantom 4 in older versions of firmware/app used to have an adjustable value for the collision avoidance "STOP!!!!!" distance... but I can't recall seeing that setting recently, nor can I recall ever seeing it as a settable value for the Inspire 2.

I'm of the same opinion. It's up to you if you disable the collision detection, not them.
I'm also in Australia and it's never an issue and I do a lot of inspection work. I would suggest you probably need a different lens if you need to get closer than that anyway?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin