Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 controller Brand New won't charge

Reaction score
Website
www.dronesofprey.com
Hey guys, so I git my I2 and he extra radio. One of my radios will not charge. I plug it in and it looks like it's charging for maybe 10 seconds then it turns stops charging. I can unplug it and plug it back in and same thing. I have 8 radios in total with all of my dji crap and this one def behaves differently. To me, it seems like a bad lipo. If I leave it plugged in I can use it but that's not convenient, obviously.

Has anyone else had this issue?

as i do not own an I2 yet but recon that the RC are similar to the I1. i believe the connector is bad (solder point) or as you say the lipo. if it is new i would send it back and request a new one or talk to the shop where i bought it from and have it replaced and them send it back.

my I1 controler has the sam issue but mine does charge so i know it is a contact issue and will resolder at some point.

Send it back for an exchange from where you bought it from - AND PRONTO! There seems to be a lot of Phantoms with the same RC issue and only DJI can fix it (Warranty/refurb/exchange). Some who have torn into the RC found there is some voltage control chip that is often bad and it's not always the battery acting up.

Best Buy seems to be really good about accepting exchanges for defective merchandise and I've used them twice with DJI products and within their 14 day in-store exchange, money back policy. I wouldn't at all be surprised if 50% of the products DJI sells have some defect in them if one looks. (Fyi, I worked as a bench tech early on and saw only one plu-perfect camera once when we had to do those in camera shop clean-and-checks for dealers. Everything on that camera was spot on: e.g. 1/1000 shutter speed was 0.0010 sec. on the Spectron and not a smidgen more/less, f/stops perfect, metering spot on too, focus alignment perfect and not an arc-second different. It was the talk of the bench for years and I felt like buying it from the woman who owned it!). Those DJI focus wheels that don't even bolt up right and continued release of bad fitting i2 props is too much. Quality control isn't one of DJI's strong points, and their acceptable tolerance bar seems set pretty low, imho.

Reactions: Advexure
I have 2 s800s 2 s1000s 3 Inspire 1s and 2 inspires 2s Mavic, osmo pro, oh yeah, flamewheel 450 with original Naza. Point being, I've been a dji customer for a very long time. I've never had a good experience with their customer service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineL