Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Landing Gear Issue Identified And How To Fix!!!

I have a Cendence remote so no manual landing gear switch. Mine’s stuck in landing mode. Glad I’m not on location having to pack it up right now.

I have a Cendence remote so no manual landing gear switch. Mine’s stuck in landing mode. Glad I’m not on location having to pack it up right now.

The Cendence does not have a landing gear switch? How do you control it then?

Also, sent my I2 in for RMA on the landing gear sevo issue. Was repaired under warranty and came back in a few weeks. No complaints about the process this time, actually.

now my landing gear not working anymore... even in travel mode it won't goes to landing mode.. i have to manually use a screw driver to drive the worn drive... Oh my GOD... i have few job this week .. and DJI NEED to me send back my i2...
I am engineer and since I first got the I2 I figured out that the way this entire landing gear transformation has been designed and made it would lead sooner or layer to premature wear and subsequent malfunction. I addopted the practice to ALWAYS lift the I2 off the ground during the transformation, so there no undesirable forces against the motion. IMHO it is matter of type of surface the transformation is done on which will determine the longevity of the mechanical parts involved. If you are doing it regularely say on grass, dirt or rocks where there is high probability that the legs of tge I2 get stuck, the forces the little motor needs to overcome to complete the raising are huge and the motor, the worm and the electronic control unit suffer badly which will lead eventually to failure of the components- mechanical or electronics. That is what my engineering brain is telling me. Not related directly to the issue of this Thread but something to consider...

I am engineer and since I first got the I2 I figured out that the way this entire landing gear transformation has been designed and made it would lead sooner or layer to premature wear and subsequent malfunction. I addopted the practice to ALWAYS lift the I2 off the ground during the transformation, so there no undesirable forces against the motion. IMHO it is matter of type of surface the transformation is done on which will determine the longevity of the mechanical parts involved. If you are doing it regularely say on grass, dirt or rocks where there is high probability that the legs of tge I2 get stuck, the forces the little motor needs to overcome to complete the raising are huge and the motor, the worm and the electronic control unit suffer badly which will lead eventually to failure of the components- mechanical or electronics. That is what my engineering brain is telling me. Not related directly to the issue of this Thread but something to consider...

I don't disagree... you can HEAR that servo laboring sometimes - especially on the Inspire 1. I have a landing mode case and I never put it in travel mode or transform the unit when not flying, and still the landing gear servo failed on me. All well, again -- mine was fixed pretty quickly for free under warranty so I cannot complain about any of that.

Reactions: Advexure
I don't disagree... you can HEAR that servo laboring sometimes - especially on the Inspire 1. I have a landing mode case and I never put it in travel mode or transform the unit when not flying, and still the landing gear servo failed on me. All well, again -- mine was fixed pretty quickly for free under warranty so I cannot complain about any of that.
Components do fail, that is a fact of life. I guess in your case it was unrelated to what I am referring to. All I am saying and perhaps advising to all I1 and I2 users is that if you want to prevent premature failure of the servo system, always lift the aircraft off the ground when doing the "travel to landing position" transformation. You will do the aircraft a huge favour and it will thank you for it with longer life!!

Last edited:
Components do fail, that is a fact of life. I guess in your case it was unrelated to what I am referring to. All I am saying and perhaps advising to all I1 and I2 users is that if you want to prevent premature failure of the servo system, always lift the aircraft off the ground when doing the "travel to landing position" transformation. You will do the aircraft a huge favour and it will thank you for it with longer life!!

Yes, 100% agree about lifting aircraft off of a surface when transforming. Reduce the unneeded stress on the servo. A practice we adopted when we first were awed by the transformation of an I1 in late 2014 [emoji41] but were worried about transforming on semi rough surfaces where the legs couldn’t slide without resistance. Helpful input to potentially save a servo/middle frame replacement.

@Advexure@ Thanks a lot for the useful information you are posting. Can you confirm whether or not the landing gear bug reported by the OP (Jason Boucher) in January 2017 has been fixed in the latest firmware? This bug seems to still be present even in the very latest firmware according to my own testing today.

@Advexure@ Thanks a lot for the useful information you are posting. Can you confirm whether or not the landing gear bug reported by the OP (Jason Boucher) in January 2017 has been fixed in the latest firmware? This bug seems to still be present even in the very latest firmware according to my own testing today.
TBH I have always used manual switch for that. I like to be in control of the craft. I also fly with all warning off including OA and VPS, so all this is gear issues are of no consequence to me and I do not feel like testing this bug with my own I2. One thing I will mention though, and it surprised me when it happened first time, is that even with OA off I still get audible beep warnings when flying close to subjects like for example flying towards a tree and then raise the craft and fly over, shots which I like to do quite often.

@RobUK we have not seen the OP's landing gear bug reported directly to us from our client base nor have we seen reports online in any of the public discussion boards for a very long time time. It was a rather common issue early on but I believe it was resolved in FW version V01.0.0240 in March 2017.

Along with my landing gear stuck, I get a warning on my Crystal Sky that my "Landing gear function is restored". Could this be pointing at why my landing gear is stuck in the landing position? I'm also using a Cendence remote which seems to be a bit buggy so tending to blame it for the recent mishaps.

Just called DJI and the "Landing gear function is restored" warning upon startup meant I need to send this bird in. Crap! Luckily it's just barely within warranty.

Last edited:
Hello all! My Inspire 2 suffered a locked landing gear today mid flight. The landing gear was auto lowering and when I touched the throttle up it got stuck in it's current position. I could not get it to go down and had to hand catch it. I have never lowered or raised the gear while the bird was on a hard surface, only while in hand to avoid servo damage. I am on the latest firmware. This is the first time in any flight this has happened. Have put it in atti mode and disabled landing gear lock, with no luck. Any other tips?

A photo in it's current stuck position

Attachments

• 1517978700879-156574619.jpg
    1517978700879-156574619.jpg
    1,001.6 KB · Views: 40
That's the exact same scenario where my landing gear stuck. Gear coming down and then you increase throttle. I believe it to be a firmware bug, but noone else believes it and I just get dissed every time I mention it. I wound the landing gear down using the screw underneath the I2 and have disabled auto landing gear. The landing gear works fine under manual control.

That's the exact same scenario where my landing gear stuck. Gear coming down and then you increase throttle. I believe it to be a firmware bug, but noone else believes it and I just get dissed every time I mention it. I wound the landing gear down using the screw underneath the I2 and have disabled auto landing gear. The landing gear works fine under manual control.
Ok I'll give the manual method a try. Thank you

I was able to retract the gear down but after a test flight it would not go back down after raising. It doesn't feel mechanically disturbed. Could it still be software or is this more of a mechanical issue?

This is exactly how I see it. The motor and screw are fine for raising and lowering with no load on it. I always support mine while it transforms to landing/travel mode. I would like to see a bellows cover on the screw that protects it while flying. Arizona has a lot of fine dust, and that grease is a dust magnet.

To day open the inspire to see whats happening Inside the motor on the top of the shaft work great. i turn the shaft 1/2 turn and all is ok.

I think when put the landing mode the motor make to mutch stress on the bottom shaft, this is why it was stuck there. The motor was not stronger to get out the stress on the bottom to get the landing gear up.

I made 25 min of up and down legs. Take off and landing and the problem gone for now.

Maybe post this issue on other forum gonna help a lot of poeple

If you dont whant to open the inspire try this
1-put the inspire on box just in the center, the landing leg no touching the ground
2-put one battery on and open your remote and the inspire
3-waiting for the star up finish and you will see your Red led on the inspire.
4-try to move your landing whit the button on your remote. If you hair the motor trying to move .08 sec and is not.
5-put your hand on the legs boom. Force just a little bit leg to move on is direction up or down.
6-If the legs move free your hand on the boom.

And envoy your new inspire

sorry for my english i am french but hevery body talk english
Thanks

Pierre Grenier

I post it on dji forum

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu