Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Landing Gear problem

Reaction score
Hello,

I have problem with landing gear, but it is not standard problem what you know.
When I fly, make some shots and Im going to land, the landing gear not eject for 100% but only maybe 80-85%. In this situation is gimbal + lens (x5s) really close to ground (few mm) and in uneven surface is touching to ground. Of course when you start drone for first flight, gimbal try to calibrate but it knocking to ground.

When I disconnect gimbal with camera and I set drone to standard Travel mode (pressing on/off button for 4 times) and next I back set drone to Fly mode, next is landing gear in standard high position when gimbal dont touching ground. But as I said, after flight when I go down and press landing gear button, than the problem its again back.

I dont remember If its after April update or not.

What you think?
IMG-4770 (1).JPG IMG-4767 (1).JPG IMG-4766 (1).JPG IMG-4765 (1).JPG
Thank you

Haven't had this problem so this is only a suggestion...

The landing gear determines it's position using the vision positioning sensors under the aircraft (the two gridded circles under the battery slots). You could try recalibrating the Vision Positioning System using Assistant 2 and the Spotty white card that was supplied with the Inspire 2, it might help.

Reactions: DamesNY
Haven't had this problem so this is only a suggestion...

The landing gear determines it's position using the vision positioning sensors under the aircraft (the two gridded circles under the battery slots). You could try recalibrating the Vision Positioning System using Assistant 2 and the Spotty white card that was supplied with the Inspire 2, it might help.

Thanks I’ll try that!!

I also have the exact same problem on the I2 with the X5S. Landing gear retracts fine. When its lowered for landing it lowers 85% approx.

Once i remove the gimbal and enter travel mode and then back out of travel mode its at the correct hight.

I also have the exact same problem on the I2 with the X5S. Landing gear retracts fine. When its lowered for landing it lowers 85% approx.

Once i remove the gimbal and enter travel mode and then back out of travel mode its at the correct hight.

DJI fixed it for me

Hi Eddie,

What was the cause of the problem? Were you within a year of the purchase date?

How long did the process take?

Thanks,

Alex.
Hi,

Yes still under 1 year warranty. No clue what exactly went wrong. The entire inspire was replaced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo