Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Motor - Screw Dimensions

Reaction score
Hello everybody.
Can any of you help me with the dimensions of the I2 Motor Screws that hold down the Quick-Lock to the Motor?
DG9ioIH.png

Those dimensions would help me a lot, maybe even all dimensions like motor shaft, shaft thread type and so on.
Best regards !

Hey there, I'm looking for dimensions and all possible info as well, my screws felt apart....

While removing props mount, they held so tight that I stripped head and become more problem

If your very careful you can cut the plastic mounts off the motors and then remove the damaged screws with a vicegrip plyers. But be very careful doing the cutting to not rune the motor or get chips of plastic into the motor windings. I used a Dremmel tool for the cutting of the prop mounts.

I cut in a variety of angles to just weaken the plastic prop adapters and then pull them apart one piece at a time. Be careful you don't cut into the top of the motor or the motor shaft that sticks above the motor. You also don't want to cut the prop mount screws cause you want to be able to grab the head of the screw with a small vicegrip to finish screwing it out of the motor. I used a dremmel with a small cutting wheel installed. Just take your time and make small cuts to get the plastic prop adapter lose enough to pull it apart with a plyers.

The stock screws are glued in place.
Heat the screws with a very hot soldering iron to break them loose from the DJI glue.
This method is true for both non-stripped screws, as well as stripped ones like your's.

Reactions: g36pilot
Heat the screws with a very hot soldering iron to break them loose from the DJI glue.
This method is true for both non-stripped screws, as well as stripped ones like your's.

I tried to install carbon fiber blades. I got 5 out of the 8 screws out then ran into the most stuck screws I ever come acrossed! I broke 4 T-8 tips trying to get 1 screw out. After talking to my mechanic, going to the auto parts store for help (they didn't even carry T-8 tips, I bought some more tips and tried the heat method. I can confirm that if you apply about 40 seconds or more (I used 40 seconds) of heat and then immediately start to unscrew them with firm pressure they will slowly come out. I even was looking at replacement motors in case I ran out of options (The 4 screws that hold the motor in place probably have loctite on them too).

I tried to install carbon fiber blades. I got 5 out of the 8 screws out then ran into the most stuck screws I ever come acrossed! I broke 4 T-8 tips trying to get 1 screw out. After talking to my mechanic, going to the auto parts store for help (they didn't even carry T-8 tips, I bought some more tips and tried the heat method. I can confirm that if you apply about 40 seconds or more (I used 40 seconds) of heat and then immediately start to unscrew them with firm pressure they will slowly come out. I even was looking at replacement motors in case I ran out of options (The 4 screws that hold the motor in place probably have loctite on them too).

There is a super massive thread on this. The lock-tight (spelled this way on purpose) that they are using is otherworldly. I got 7 out of 8 screws out when the head on my Toex wrench snapped. I simply ordered another motor and moved on. Could not be bothered to cut, drill, chip, or bend. The motor arrived from the US to Europe in 3 days.

Reactions: HKGHM
I picked up a heat gun and have been trying this method. 2 set came loose easy the other 2 are like hardened steel. I've tried the heat gun method twice so far, once on low heat the on high setting for about 25 seconds. I'm paranoid about melting something! The motor was very hot to the touch but the screw would not budge at all. Do you have any advice? Thanks.

EDIT: I just noticed how old this thread is.

I picked up a heat gun and have been trying this method. 2 set came loose easy the other 2 are like hardened steel. I've tried the heat gun method twice so far, once on low heat the on high setting for about 25 seconds. I'm paranoid about melting something! The motor was very hot to the touch but the screw would not budge at all. Do you have any advice? Thanks.

EDIT: I just noticed how old this thread is.
So not to strip the head use a rubber band over the driver. Vacuum motors after removal and be mindful of putting pressure on the feet.

I've totally F**** it! Melted the plastic. Got one screw out the other is completely stripped! Help!!!

Reactions: HKGHM
Relax don’t panic!
You still got options. Cut the plastic up as stated in post #7 or carefully melt the plastic with the gun to get a grip at the screw head with a needle head vice grip.

You could solder the driver to the screw head or crazy glue the driver to the head. Then try turning it.

Tape to air holes on top of the motor for debri

I've totally F**** it! Melted the plastic. Got one screw out the other is completely stripped! Help!!!

#1 DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN! You want to heat up and melt the locktite around the screws, not the entire drone.

#2 I had the exact same problem with the screws not coming out. I replaced the stock props with folding carbon fiber props. (I love them)

#3 Take a soldering iron with a small tip and put it on top of the screw head for 30 seconds to 1 minute. This is transfer heat through the screw and start to melt the locktite.

Relax don’t panic!
You still got options. Cut the plastic up as stated in post #7 or carefully melt the plastic with the gun to get a grip at the screw head with a needle head vice grip.
I kind of at my wits end, here. I stripped away all the plastic but the screw will not budge. Not at all. I've been trying for 2 hours and it just won't move. I put a soldering gun on the scrw but that did nothing. Could use a little help. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
I kind of at my wits end, here. I stripped away all the plastic but the screw will not budge. Not at all. I've been trying for 2 hours and it just won't move. I put a soldering gun on the scrw but that did nothing. Could use a little help. Thanks.
You was supposed to tape those vents

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game