Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

** INSPIRE 2 - NEW T MOTOR FOLDING PROPS **

@n5101 - Thanks for your thoughts on this. I think you may have mistakenly understood us to be the manufacturer of this propeller and its design - which we are not. We are the resellers of the product just like we resell DJI products and several other company's products that they design and manufacturer. This design is currently in use for much larger scale multi rotors and are available in sizes up to 36x11.8 with a max thrust rating of nearly 100lbs per propeller. T-Motor is partnered with other airframe manufacturers to use this prop in configurations requiring heavy lift and long endurance. The version we had adapted for mounting to the Inspire 2 is their smallest size in this line of multi rotor propeller design.

As for the diagram that depicts the effects of the winglet - that was provided by the manufacturer and "presumably" proven by the propulsion engineers before allowing their marketing people to post it in their specifications about this propeller; and provide it to their distribution parters to share with their clients.

You definitely come across as someone who is knowledgable on this topic and from what I remember reading on another post you are a pilot and actively involved in the field of aviation. Our group is as well and includes ATP, private pilot, retired airline mechanic and an aerospace engineering (student). None of us are privy to the testing results, research or prior design iterations of this propeller and really don't want feel we have the background info to agree or disagree with your opinion on the winglet design.

We do know this - something makes this prop fly faster and longer than the stock props, the swiss folding props or other fixed carbon props. Maybe its the winglet, maybe its the chord and camber, maybe its something else.

We do appreciate your thoughts and people that look out for other members of the forum. And if you are interested in learning more about the design, I am happy to help facilitate any questions that you have to the manufacturer, their design team, engineers, etc. I am not certain how much they will share but feel free to send me a PM and we can look into anything you would like.

Thanks,

Michael[/QUOTE

Dear Michael: I have been flying with the T Motor props for about 6 months. They do provide greater power in my anecdotal and non scientific observations. And their folding certainly makes life easier. That said, I've recently developed an issue with the transformational screw and landing legs getting out of trim and unbalanced. And the "rotation of the landing legs" has occured, as well as the transformation screw not extending fully allowing for full clearance of camera / gimbal (X7). While I always extend the props prior to motor start up, there is some initial vibration until the props are totally by centrifugal forces in alignment. DJI Experience in NYC has recalibrated the landing gear motors and fixed the out of trim legs. Their technical repair guys feel that my use of the T motor props may have contributed to excessive vibration to put things outta whack. And recommended a.) monitor the flights here on out b.) Always by hand raise INS2 off the ground when putting landing gear in flight or travel mode..to reduce friction of the legs dragging across any surface...c.) if the problem returns re-install DJI provided props.

Anyone else having vibration caused issues? Thank you.

Jonathan Atkin, NYC

Thanks Jonathan. Their advice is pretty solid. We would agree you should monitor things and taking the pressure off the landing gear as it slides in and out of landing and travel mode also makes sense. While anything is possible, in our experience and that of many other clients, the T-Motor props have helped to settle some of the vibration noticed at the longer focal lengths - not create more of it. It is something we will continue to be aware of (we fly the T-Motor props on our Inspire 2 with X7 as well). Thank You!

We are working with a case manufacturer to build a case that will fit the T-Motor or Heliengadin props. We will keep you updated on our progress. Until then you will have to modify the case.
It's no problem to Modify original case its only foam and I'm not going to spend 6 hundred dollars for a simple modification. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. I don't see any reason to make a big deal out of something that is so simple to do.

I am really very happy with the HeliEngadin/Koptermax props. Good investment: Excellent build quality, great flying, lesser noise, good storage. And they even fit in these neoprene covers using the Lowe Inspired Backpack most of the time with hikes.

Here‘s a Video we recently shot:

The Lowe Backpack however is a really bad not well thought of design. Not well suited for Hikes or Mountaineering. Always limited on space, quite a frustrating piece of backpack.

Attachments

• E678C1E6-5C59-488A-82C3-43026770F329.jpeg
    E678C1E6-5C59-488A-82C3-43026770F329.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 34
  • C73A1703-A78E-4AFB-BFE5-0B4FA732218E.jpeg
    C73A1703-A78E-4AFB-BFE5-0B4FA732218E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • 694215CA-9923-411D-98DF-C4691766A0AB.jpeg
    694215CA-9923-411D-98DF-C4691766A0AB.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 28
  • E4C82D23-684C-4942-84B1-FC706D90ADA5.jpeg
    E4C82D23-684C-4942-84B1-FC706D90ADA5.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 06F63A98-1A61-4C5C-B04E-6F408295FA7E.jpeg
    06F63A98-1A61-4C5C-B04E-6F408295FA7E.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
  • B5F3FDB5-8061-4353-8D3F-9F50E6A39976.jpeg
    B5F3FDB5-8061-4353-8D3F-9F50E6A39976.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
  • B371AD48-69FA-4EEA-A255-F6499684AC27.jpeg
    B371AD48-69FA-4EEA-A255-F6499684AC27.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
  • DE453351-72C9-43D6-B37C-B22CF5790647.jpeg
    DE453351-72C9-43D6-B37C-B22CF5790647.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 24
  • E292259C-EF52-4DC7-83AF-DE11BC8E3071.jpeg
    E292259C-EF52-4DC7-83AF-DE11BC8E3071.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 13E8810B-2688-418D-A3D4-20A3228986B1.jpeg
    13E8810B-2688-418D-A3D4-20A3228986B1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
Florida Drone Supply is excited to share with you the new Winglet folding Props that are designed, patented and manufactured by T-Motor.

T-Motor is a long respected name in the propulsion sector of multi rotors; specializing in motors, speed controllers and props.

The newly designed Winglet prop furthers the technology and innovation that allows our drones to fly longer, use less energy and increase the efficiency of the airflow off the tip of the propeller.

Winglet design is used on many aircraft wings - from small private jets to large airliners.

Wing tip vortices refer to the spiraling air the coming off the tip of the propeller. With an ordinary tip, there is a strong vortex created at the tip parallel to to prop. With a downward winglet, the vortex is weakened and moved away from the airfoil (or surface of the prop) allowing for smoother airflow and more efficient lift.
View attachment 17081
Now, on to cosmetics!
You will immediately see that these props are smooth, glossy and beautiful looking. This is customary of T-Motor; putting great effort into their finishes.

Mounting the Props
Florida Drone Supply worked for months with T-Motor to alter the hub and mounting to allow the Winglet prop to mount directly to the Inspire 2 motor without the use of hubs or 3rd party adapters. This allows for a quick and easy attachment to the motor - and allows your folding props to stay mounted at all times.

Flight Speed and Efficiency
In our testing, we compared fixed props, other folding props and winglet props side by side (and simultaneously with 3 Inspire 2 copters at a time). The hover time seemed to remain the same, but the Winglet props really shined when the copter was in motion. In fact, we achieved speeds in GPS mode up to 30% faster than any of the other props while applying the same throttle. In a head wind, the Winglet props flew at nearly the same speed as a tail wind while the other props moved the Inspire 2 at a substantially slower rate.

You can expect to experience improved flight times if you are continuously keeping your copter in flight.

Price and Availability
These props are available now at www.FloridaDroneSupply.com and can be purchased in a set of 2 (1 pair), a set of 4 (2 pairs) or a set of 6 (3 pairs).

You will find them featured on our home page or with the Inspire 2 accessories.

They are also on an introductory sale for Black Friday Weekend.

Here is a direct link to the props:

T-Motor Folding Props - Winglet Style - Custom for Inspire 2

Check them out!

Thanks,
Michael
These propellers are great looking and you don't have to worry about the turning locks Making noise is rubbing against the motors I got tired of order them. They save time putting them on a they look incredibl I have not had a chance to test how much faster they are or if they are but they are not 6 hundred I only paid 3 hundred and it was worth every penny I spent on them.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Yes you have to be very VERY careful, for unfortunately I had to buy two new motors when I try to remove those darn screws with too much locktite, heating with a blower didn't work, and if you use a drill to loosen the screws be careful that the residual boring metal doesn't fall into the opening vent of the motors, before doing so, put a tape over those vents.
They are very hard to remove the screws on the new inspire 2 this is my 2nd one you need a heat gun to remove the screws I had a hell of a time getting the screws out just use a heat gun and make sure that you use the proper star wrench and they fit tight if you feel them getting tighter heat the motor up again I had to melt the plastic with a small soldering tool for wires then I used a small par of voice grips. Just take your time and you can do it.

They are very hard to remove the screws on the new inspire 2 this is my 2nd one you need a heat gun to remove the screws I had a hell of a time getting the screws out just use a heat gun and make sure that you use the proper star wrench and they fit tight if you feel them getting tighter heat the motor up again I had to melt the plastic with a small soldering tool for wires then I used a small par of voice grips. Just take your time and you can do it.
That was with the first motor I had that problem the rest of them I got them off I figured out that if I would use a heat gun and it worked. I also use a drone Synthetic Lubrican that you can buy I use on all my drones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips