Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 reboots in the air

Reaction score
all,
Not sure if this has been posted if it has please delete.

Reports of the inspire 2 rebooting in flight

So new batteries plugged into inspire 2 and it takes off flying around and at the same time it Updates the Batteries and then it reboots in mid flight.

There's quite a debate about it so update new batteries before flying them

What happens during a reboot? Does it just disconnect from the mobile device or does it fall from the sky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes as it does reboot the aircraft so falls out of the sky

all,
Not sure if this has been posted if it has please delete.

Reports of the inspire 2 rebooting in flight

So new batteries plugged into inspire 2 and it takes off flying around and at the same time it Updates the Batteries and then it reboots in mid flight.

There's quite a debate about it so update new batteries before flying them
Any damage??, from what altitude ?
What was the position of the micro switch on the ac mobile or pc position ?

Doesn't matter where the switch is set too, the bird updates the batteries. I was not connected to the internet when a notice came up on my iPad telling me an update was required. I did not have a hard connection to the inspire it reboots during the process.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Reactions: MarkLincs
Doesn't matter where the switch is set too, the bird updates the batteries. I was not connected to the internet when a notice came up on my iPad telling me an update was required. I did not have a hard connection to the inspire it reboots during the process.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
Ok, but something is strange concerning the update battery FW in the user manual, it's written there that to make un update to the battery FW, you have to connect the charger to the PC using the solution 2 and update the the FW through.
I tried that and nothing happened. Is anyone familiar with??

I've had the battery firmware updates for my I2, I had no idea there was a firmware update until I put a set of batteries in the I2 at home and then the Go app said there was a firmware mismatch and offered to download a new firmware which I let it apply (by sliding to update). I then repeated for each set of batteries.

So for me, there was plenty of warning and an opportunity to not update. Obviously the case reported says that he was flying when the update started...

Raphael - the bit you're refering to is for a firmware update to the battery charger itself, *not* the battery.

The batteries are updated by the aircraft when they're installed in it. Normally DJI Go will prompt that there's a firmware mismatch and ask if you want to update. The problem seems to be that once you give it permission for one set of batteries, it goes ahead and does any subsequent ones you insert without prompting you again.

Reactions: Cruncher
Ok, but something is strange concerning the update battery FW in the user manual, it's written there that to make un update to the battery FW, you have to connect the charger to the PC using the solution 2 and update the the FW through.
I tried that and nothing happened. Is anyone familiar with??
You are miss reading the manual. If the charge hub needs an update you do connect the Hub via assistant 2. But we are talking about the battery firmware... this gets updated by the I2 itself

Reactions: droneseyeview
The reason is catches some owners out is that if your in FLY on the DJO GO 4 the warning message is only shown on the home screen before you "GO FLY" so in the cases of those who only update one battery set the code is still in the I2 and will be applied to every new battery when it sees them. But if your flying you simply land replace battery and take off. The warning message doesn't show because your in the wrong screen. So when your now flying the I2 updates and at the end reboots the rest is disaster...

The reason is catches some owners out is that if your in FLY on the DJO GO 4 the warning message is only shown on the home screen before you "GO FLY" so in the cases of those who only update one battery set the code is still in the I2 and will be applied to every new battery when it sees them. But if your flying you simply land replace battery and take off. The warning message doesn't show because your in the wrong screen. So when your now flying the I2 updates and at the end reboots the rest is disaster...

Wouldn't the user see the LEDs indicating an update is in process? When i did the update, the LEDs were going crazy, i dont remember the exact pattern, but it was clear an update was happening.

Ok.. so this concerns me.. I updated my I2 firmware last night.. both in the RC and the Bird.. I could see the LED's on the batteries.. (one at a time) blinking as if they were updated.. which I'm guessing they were.. I rebooted the bird and RC when it was completed and then put all of my remaining sets of batteries in the bird.. but none of the others appeared to do anything and didn't indicate a firmware update was needed.. This was done with the DJI Assistant 2.. How do I verify the versions of the battery firmware? and how do I insure the updates are happening? Now I'm nervous to take it up.

Wouldn't the user see the LEDs indicating an update is in process? When i did the update, the LEDs were going crazy, i dont remember the exact pattern, but it was clear an update was happening.

At 30 meteres in the air??? I don't think so. You can only just about see the leg lights.

The thread caught my eye for obvious reasons. I flew yesterday without incident. After reading the above, I inserted my 3 sets of paired batteries and went through the updating process. All went well and I received the green "Update Complete" message on the App with each pair. Now when I turn the I2 and RC back on, I get the reassuring "Collecting Version Information - please wait" followed by the "Latest Version" message. My query relates to identifying what battery firmware version is installed and how to check you have the latest before flying. In the App I can confirm which versions of the App, Aircraft, Remote Control, RAW Module and Camera, I have but not the battery firmware version. The DJI Assistant 2 program on my PC seems to only provide Aircraft Version (which encouragingly is the same as that provided by the App). Checking the Batteries in the App gives me the serial numbers and "Current Status: Normal", which I take to mean they are functioning alright, but I'm note sure this confirms the firmware version is the latest. Is there somewhere I can check the status of the battery's firmware, short of turning on the I2, which would appear to lead to a (potential) catastrophe? Am I missing something?o_O

At 30 meteres in the air??? I don't think so. You can only just about see the leg lights.

In my case, if I remember correctly, update for additional battery pairs started fairly quickly after power up. I luckily didn't have a chance to get in the air before the update started.

Got me nervous I put all pairs of my batteries in an let it sit on an running for awhile. Hope an praying

The thread caught my eye for obvious reasons. I flew yesterday without incident. After reading the above, I inserted my 3 sets of paired batteries and went through the updating process. All went well and I received the green "Update Complete" message on the App with each pair. Now when I turn the I2 and RC back on, I get the reassuring "Collecting Version Information - please wait" followed by the "Latest Version" message. My query relates to identifying what battery firmware version is installed and how to check you have the latest before flying. In the App I can confirm which versions of the App, Aircraft, Remote Control, RAW Module and Camera, I have but not the battery firmware version. The DJI Assistant 2 program on my PC seems to only provide Aircraft Version (which encouragingly is the same as that provided by the App). Checking the Batteries in the App gives me the serial numbers and "Current Status: Normal", which I take to mean they are functioning alright, but I'm note sure this confirms the firmware version is the latest. Is there somewhere I can check the status of the battery's firmware, short of turning on the I2, which would appear to lead to a (potential) catastrophe? Am I missing something?o_O

There is NO notification of software version in DJI GO 4 or any other place that i can find.

Reactions: SanCap
That's aircraft, controller, camera and app versions, but it doesn't tell you battery firmware anywhere in there Sancap.

It's the exact same behaviour with the Phantom 4, there's no notification of which firmware a battery has, just simply an inconsistent firmware message, followed by a prompt to update. So, I guess that's just how the DJI techs have decided how to roll...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk