Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Release Date - any news when that will be?

DJI got them selves all in a mess with the introduction of the Pro and V2, both are identical aircraft but I believe now that the V2 is T601 and the Pro is T600 like before, but the pro has also shipped as T601 as well.

As for the Inspire 2 I have heard a whisper is not going to be until October time, I honestly think overall drone sales are down and DJI may be holding back, you only have to look at the forums and see numbers of people are down.

Whilst I think the P4 is selling very well I don't believe it's in the quantities the P3 did, I spend most of my time on RCG and the P3 thread was crazy for 3 months after launch with it adding 20+pages a day sometimes, the P4 has just not been the same, the Apple affect may begin to kick in and people start to miss a release, The P3 and P4 have also stole space from the inspire and TBH the P4 is shockingly good, the camera and gimbal is much improved over the X3 and has none of the distortion at the top bottom the X3 has and the gimbal is much better at keeping level. If you don't need interchangeable cameras or duel ops then the P4 is a very real and cheap and capable tool, In fact the P3 Pro is crazy value rite now and can product almost the same results.

The P4 is cheaper, has batter battery life, camera over the X3, cheaper batteries, cheaper consumables, yes it's a white blob and does not give the "professional" look but it's a very impressive tool.

Good balanced post as usual Mad. The one huge advantage of the inspire however is its higher wind rating for our temperamental gusty UK weather. I would be grounded a lot of the time if I had a P4. Also for me personally, having enough power to lift a modified rectilinear GoPro for NIR with virtually no difference in flight time is a big plus. I regularly fly this setup getting 2 datasets from the one flight. I diverge of course!

Holder of CAA PFAW
BNUS-S Certified Pilot

Good balanced post as usual Mad. The one huge advantage of the inspire however is its higher wind rating for our temperamental gusty UK weather. I would be grounded a lot of the time if I had a P4. Also for me personally, having enough power to lift a modified rectilinear GoPro for NIR with virtually no difference in flight time is a big plus. I regularly fly this setup getting 2 datasets from the one flight. I diverge of course!

Holder of CAA PFAW
BNUS-S Certified Pilot

Absolutely and please don't take me as being down on the inspire as I'm not, I love the craft , I came to the inspire after the P3 but before the P4, I am disappointed in the X3 if I'm 100% honest but then to be 100% fair it's much older than the P3 and P4, taking design into account I would guess the X3 was born around mid 2014 so the P4 especially has had much time for improvement.

The craft its self is outstanding, the problem I have been having is getting some really bad and inconsistent horizon issues when the craft is side on to wind and when tilting the X3 I can really see the distortion at the top, it don't help now having the P4 I'm seeing what it could be like and just makes it worse for me, I'm saving for an X5 now and that's my hope to get passed this.

Perhaps I'm alone in the horizon thing but a number of people have told me theirs is the same, head nose or tail into the wind and the horizon is great, yaw 90 so it's side on then the gimbal over compensates for the craft lean and it's like a ski slope, DJI have replaced the X3 once but it's no better so I don't know if its a craft issue or just how the inspire is, I keep getting conflicting reports.

Absolutely and please don't take me as being down on the inspire as I'm not, I love the craft , I came to the inspire after the P3 but before the P4, I am disappointed in the X3 if I'm 100% honest but then to be 100% fair it's much older than the P3 and P4, taking design into account I would guess the X3 was born around mid 2014 so the P4 especially has had much time for improvement.

The craft its self is outstanding, the problem I have been having is getting some really bad and inconsistent horizon issues when the craft is side on to wind and when tilting the X3 I can really see the distortion at the top, it don't help now having the P4 I'm seeing what it could be like and just makes it worse for me, I'm saving for an X5 now and that's my hope to get passed this.

Perhaps I'm alone in the horizon thing but a number of people have told me theirs is the same, head nose or tail into the wind and the horizon is great, yaw 90 so it's side on then the gimbal over compensates for the craft lean and it's like a ski slope, DJI have replaced the X3 once but it's no better so I don't know if its a craft issue or just how the inspire is, I keep getting conflicting reports.

Give that a try:

I know the video is about the X5 but applies also to X3

Chris

WL Toys have given it a real DJI 'feel' as well in that the firmware they release will cure faults and introduce others. It will even 'brick' as a bruce bonus well if you follow a format that was the right way round on previous fw updates but has been changed on the latest update.

It really gives you the real feel.

Oh almost forgot you also get to phone DJI Support to be either kept waiting for half a day or just get totally mugged off.

Cannot recommend enough for anyone starting off with the world according to DJI....

A must but.

I've found that I can usually get the horizon to correct by twitching it in the other direction a little even with a strong crosswind. That is using an X3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela